Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Pls Which Sports Do The Hearing Impaired Complete In The Paralympic - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pls Which Sports Do The Hearing Impaired Complete In The Paralympic (1075 Views)

The 12 Athletes That Won Medals For Nigeria At The Paralympic Games / Nigeria Paralympic Athletes Return Home To Heroic Welcome(photos) / Ezuruike Wins Gold At RIO Paralympic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Which Sports Do The Hearing Impaired Complete In The Paralympic by enomakos(m): 12:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
Pls lady and gentlemen which sports or event do people with hearing impairment complete in the paralympic?
Re: Pls Which Sports Do The Hearing Impaired Complete In The Paralympic by solepager(m): 4:07am On Sep 16, 2016
enomakos:
Pls lady and gentlemen which sports or event do people with hearing impairment complete in the paralympic?
there is none for now because of communication. It would be expensive to hire asl interpreters . And also the organisers feel DIRECT communication is needed between the officials and athletics.

But there is deaflypians for deaf which is older than paralypics.

I am a hearing asl interpreter in lagos. Looking for a interpreting or other job also. What about you
Re: Pls Which Sports Do The Hearing Impaired Complete In The Paralympic by enomakos(m): 5:33am On Sep 16, 2016
solepager:
there is none for now because of communication. It would be expensive to hire asl interpreters . And also the organisers feel DIRECT communication is needed between the officials and athletics.

But there is deaflypians for deaf which is older than paralypics.

I am a hearing asl interpreter in lagos. Looking for a interpreting or other job also. What about you
thanks for this information bro,i am hearing impaired and based in benin but there are over 22 sports taking part and you mean none for the deaf?
Re: Pls Which Sports Do The Hearing Impaired Complete In The Paralympic by safarigirl(f): 10:08am On Sep 16, 2016
enomakos:

thanks for this information bro,i am hearing impaired and based in benin but there are over 22 sports taking part and you mean none for the deaf?
if it's any consolation, there are plans to include deaf athletes at the next Paralympics in 2020
Re: Pls Which Sports Do The Hearing Impaired Complete In The Paralympic by enomakos(m): 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
safarigirl:
if it's any consolation, there are plans to include deaf athletes at the next Paralympics in 2020
thank you olanna
Re: Pls Which Sports Do The Hearing Impaired Complete In The Paralympic by solepager(m): 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
enomakos:

officially in nigeria? No. Sorry. I am an interpreter based in lagos
Re: Pls Which Sports Do The Hearing Impaired Complete In The Paralympic by enomakos(m): 6:57pm On Sep 17, 2016
solepager:
officially in nigeria? No. Sorry. I am an interpreter based in lagos
ok
Re: Pls Which Sports Do The Hearing Impaired Complete In The Paralympic by Neville66: 9:58am On Oct 09, 2020
The Deaflympics were given the same status as the Paralympics Games and Olympic Games. Through a Sign Language Interpreter https://translatehub.org/how-much-asl-interpreters-make/ , Deaf players can join in on hearing sports. Good Interpreter services are essential for full participation.

(1) (Reply)

[photo]footballer Victor Moses Acquires Big Mansion At Lekki / Highlight Manchester United Vs Sampdoria 2:1 / Sad Way To Say Goodbye As Usain Bolt Loses To Gatlin At Iaaf London 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.