Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Are O O O Olumba Obu And Members Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are O O O Olumba Obu And Members Christians? (1183 Views)

Olumba Olumba Obu Prays Against Biafra Actualization / "Buhari Will End Recession In 2017" - Olumba Olumba / Olumba Obu: 8-year Tenure For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are O O O Olumba Obu And Members Christians? by weedtheweeds: 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
For those of you who grew in the early 90ies and hearing about the O O Olumba Olumba brotherhood of the cross. We used to view them weird for those of you who may be honest and not try to please anyone with your comments. They were portrayed in a negative way. Today, has it changed? How have our perceptions changed toward them? Do Christians accept them as fellow Christians? Would you happily attend their services?
Re: Are O O O Olumba Obu And Members Christians? by thorpido(m): 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
They are Olumbians though they call themselves Christians.
Re: Are O O O Olumba Obu And Members Christians? by johnydon22(m): 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
weedtheweeds:
For those of you who grew in the early 90ies and hearing about the O O Olumba Olumba brotherhood of the cross. We used to view them weird for those of you who may be honest and not try to please anyone with your comments. They were portrayed in a negative way. Today, has it changed? How have our perceptions changed toward them? Do Christians accept them as fellow Christians? Would you happily attend their services?

They believe in Jesus and his Dad Yahweh and that's basically what Christianity is about - they only believe and incarnated Jesus and Yahweh which most christians find ridiculous.

Which begs tue questions - since God [Jesus] could visit the earth 2k years ago what makes it impossible that he did that again and this time as an African.

Irony and headache of the christian belief.
Re: Are O O O Olumba Obu And Members Christians? by achinaboy(m): 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
They biliv in oluma,they call him king of kings and lord of lord, they have nothing to do with christ,
Re: Are O O O Olumba Obu And Members Christians? by herald9: 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
johnydon22:

They believe in Jesus and his Dad Yahweh and that's basically what Christianity is about - they only believe and incarnated Jesus and Yahweh which most christians find ridiculous.

Which begs tue questions - since God [Jesus] could visit the earth 2k years ago what makes it impossible that he did that again and this time as an African.

Irony and headache of the christian belief.
They used a portion of the Bible Jesus said to his discipline that he'll send them a Comforter, or so.. While he was being launched into heaven.

So this person is O. O. Obu. He's come to establish God's kingdom on earth, therefore there's no more second coming.
Jesus is now his Holiness O. O. Obu, his father is father is Leader O. O. Obu.

They have a daughter, his first wife died. The organisation is divided into two, some are following the son, others are following the daughter and they call themselves Ravine. The split came when the father handed over authority to the son. Some members disagreed with the decision, saying that the daughter played a key role in the running of the organisation, while the son was unconcerned.

My late Grandpa was a member, and I used to drop by at times.

1 Like

Re: Are O O O Olumba Obu And Members Christians? by daveP(m): 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nothing Christ-like about this sect.

Believing these days is not enough for Christianity. It's following what is in the scripture and acting in accordance with it, living and imitating Christ character. based on this O can't be accorded such.

"some will rise and say look I am the Christ..."

Well that sums it up.

Curiosity made me watch them on tv for two service days of theirs, my conclusion is enough to disregard them as Christians.

(1) (Reply)

Christians Should Give Reasons For These / I Need A Financial Miracle. If Miracles Are Real. / LUTHER'S REVOLT AGAINST THE CATHOLIC CHURCH: WAS IT WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.