Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,345 members, 7,957,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:32 AM

Best Dedicated Server For Php Portal - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Best Dedicated Server For Php Portal (634 Views)

Unlimited SMTP Server For Email Marketers / Nice Tool To Set Up Dummy Smtp Server For You Local Webservers (WAMP, XAMP, Etc) / Setting up a development server for testing purposes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Dedicated Server For Php Portal by Elgaxton(m): 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2009
Hello everyone,

I want to run a serious PHP/Mysql powered web portal and I need a dedicated server for this.

Please can anyone help me with specifications I need for this?

thanks
Re: Best Dedicated Server For Php Portal by hostmot(f): 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2009
You can start from the cheapest dedicated server from a reliable host and upgrade as your needs increase in terms of resources and bandwidth. This will save you lots of money which you can channel into other important activities such advertising and link building.

Although you can go for an expensive server if you have lots and lots of people already waiting for your website to launch. smiley

You can also consider starting from shared hosting or VPS.

It depends on your plans. Your plans will dictate the specifications you need. As the proverb goes, it is only the stomach that knows what will satisfy it. smiley

Biodun,
OluOmo 1 of Support, Hostmot (www.hostmot.com)
Re: Best Dedicated Server For Php Portal by Elgaxton(m): 9:24am On Oct 12, 2009
Thanks Hostmot.

I appreciate ur input.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Web Technology Behind Nairaland? Is It Php, Java, .net Or What / Web Designing Course / Am Downloading A Pdf Document From Dual Core, How Do Make The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.