Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Double Rainbow Phenomenon In Akure Ondo State - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Double Rainbow Phenomenon In Akure Ondo State (1198 Views)

Horrible! Two Kids Burnt To Death In Mysterious Fire Outbreak In Ondo State / A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) / Emcoin Live Seminar @A&T Presidential Hotel, Akure, Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Double Rainbow Phenomenon In Akure Ondo State by otajipopo: 8:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
About 6:30 pm today there was an appearance in the sky of a rainbow and gradually the rainbow brought a twin which made it two rainbow arcs. I was seeing that for the first time and I thought I should share. I got a little insightful help from google about the phenomenon because it fascinated me.
A double rainbow phenomenon is actually relatively common, especially at times when the sun is low in the sky such as in the early morning or late afternoon. The second rainbow is fainter and more 'pastel' in tone than the primary rainbow, because more light escapes from two reflections compared to one.

The secondary rainbow is also dispersed over a wider area of the sky. It is nearly twice as wide as the primary bow.

A key feature of double rainbows is that the colour sequence in the second rainbow is reversed, so instead of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet (ROYGBIV), the colours appear in VIBGYOR order. Interesting isn't it?

Re: Double Rainbow Phenomenon In Akure Ondo State by otajipopo: 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2016
More Pictures.
Please do not mind the camera of my phone.

Re: Double Rainbow Phenomenon In Akure Ondo State by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
One word; Fascinating

1 Like

Re: Double Rainbow Phenomenon In Akure Ondo State by Dinocarex(m): 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
This is beautiful...
The O.P is smart... He quickly copyrighted the pics before 'they' steal the pics.

I'm saving one of the pics..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jewish Scientists Present Results That Show That Biafrans Are Jew / Journalist ‘died In Submarine Accident’ / Serious Commenters Drop Your Account/phone Number For Your N5,000 Data In D Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.