Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts (16653 Views)

Breaking News: Court Dismisses Melaye’s Case And Gives INEC Go Ahead For Recall / Sallah: Buhari Gives Corpers N250,000 And 10 Bags Of Rice In Daura / Buhari Gives Zahra Out For 12 Gold Coins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by Funlordjnr: 9:51am On Sep 16, 2016
grin
anonimi:

I was looking out for "any sort of SOLUTION" in your post.
Alas, there is NONE!
Can anyone please define HYPOCRITE for us again?

I can agree with you that I am pained the WORST elements of PDP have found refuge in the holy, holy gathering as redeemed born-to-gain progreTHIEVES. Not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3088738_img20151115154440_jpeg8f611b6c9cc8cd0928a56ef1049ea06d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

Solution? Why should I be offering solutions on a policy that I believe is long overdue? Or are you not aware of the disadvantages of having state governments in control of local government funds? My bad, just look at who I'm asking sef.........

Your intellectual limitations must be an acquired skill! Go and read a dictionary and find out the true meaning of a hypocrite before typing random rubbish in the near future okay!

Now my solution for YOU is a simple one....with no due respect, kindly GET LOST! There.... solved!
Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by herald9: 9:54am On Sep 16, 2016
Nice move from the president. If this is fully implemented, the local government will be free from the shackles of the state government.
At least government will now be fully represented at the grassroot level.

Just hope it wouldn't go down the drain like the 1976 local government reform.
Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by dotedote: 9:54am On Sep 16, 2016
Reduce the power of the executive over legislative? You'd better quit smoking that joint.

mamabomboy:
Nice move Mr Dullard. But how about also supporting an amendment that will weaken the strangehold of the Executive on the Legislature and also reduce the powers of the Executive
Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by homosapien(m): 9:56am On Sep 16, 2016
This is a welcome development, however I have a reservation about local government because they have proven to be in responsible based on experience. Local government chairman will claim no fund for development yet within four years house will be built, cars bought and I wonder where he gets fund for those frivolity and no tangible development in his locality.

Hope there will be checks
Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by anonimi: 10:01am On Sep 16, 2016
Funlordjnr:
grin
Solution? Why should I be offering solutions on a policy that I believe is long overdue? Or are you not aware of the disadvantages of having state governments in control of local government funds? My bad, just look at who I'm asking sef.........

Your intellectual limitations must be an acquired skill! Go and read a dictionary and find out the true meaning of a hypocrite before typing random rubbish in the near future okay!

Now my solution for YOU is a simple one....with no due respect, kindly GET LOST! There.... solved!

You be real otondo, walahi.
Do you like eating fish & chicken eyes?
In my first post that you quoted, I said clearly that the LGA autonomy is good, not so

It is good.
It will happen now.

Moreover, misitah-solutions, below is my post some two years ago on LGA autonomy that was long before your wailing.

anonimi:

And that is why we should MOBILISE public opinion for this LGA autonomy amendment to pass.
Then our LGAS can do what they are constitutionally RESPONSIBLE for instead of simply bootlicking the state governors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by ibietela2(m): 10:04am On Sep 16, 2016
What about the one to separate the federal from the state?
Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by Jbseraph(m): 10:17am On Sep 16, 2016
mamabomboy:
Nice move Mr Dullard. But how about also supporting an amendment that will weaken the strangehold of the Executive on the Legislature and also reduce the powers of the Executive
truely both are long overdue
Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by Gee645(m): 10:24am On Sep 16, 2016
BUBU must hear this
Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by Eyibeauty: 10:33am On Sep 16, 2016
Good day, my fellow nairalanders, please let's help a young Nigerian lady win this global video contest on climate change by viewing and sharing. Your view is your vote, let's give her a million votes.Thanks.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mWfwPjVIRo
Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by Oblang(m): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2016
TrueSenator:
This is what I call war against corruption...restructuring avenues for impunity and suppression.... instead of going after members the opposition's bank account undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Remember that others will also go after your accounts when you leave lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

That will be so much appreciated. Let them go after his acct when he leaves and nail him if found guilty. Let him go after them for now. That way corruption will reduce..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by shellman: 11:08am On Sep 16, 2016
dadebayo1:
Very good if they can work on bringing back life to the local governments.. Majority of the governors have killed local governments by not allowing democratic structures in the local government councils
But you should remember that the Local Government Management played into the hands of the State Governments when the Local Government Treasury became the free for all ATMs of the Chairmen They could not pay Teachers' Salaries for months The new legislation should not.forget to put checks &balances to control abuses &excesses of the Chairmen
Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by ebenholer(m): 11:22am On Sep 16, 2016
Let's see how such bill will not be carpeted by greedy legislators we have. Imagine how LGs have been rendered usuless by the state government.
Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by shellman: 11:35am On Sep 16, 2016
TrueSenator:
This is what I call war against corruption...restructuring avenues for impunity and suppression.... instead of going after members the opposition's bank account undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Remember that others will also go after your accounts when you leave lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
But you should know that this your comments have no relevance with subject matter Pls, concentrate with objectivity &be dispassionate!
Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 16, 2016
To what end? More multiple herculean taxation for a group of people to embezzle.
Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by Banjo24: 11:46am On Sep 16, 2016
If president buhari can achieve this, is going to be one of the best thing he has ever done for this country. Imagine a state in south west...

For the past 6 years no local government election and for the past 7 months no caretaker to govern the local government. Local governments is now being govern by level 14 workers... Why!!!

He has rendered them absolute useless. The governor now dictate how much he disburse to each local government every 2 months.

Local government workers are suffering from lack of salary whereas each local government get more than enough every month from federal governmrnt to pay their salaries

We pray our lawmakers can use their N06 this time around.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by anonimi: 2:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
Banjo24:
If president buhari can achieve this, is going to be one of the best thing he has ever done for this country. Imagine a state in south west...

For the past 6 years no local government election and for the past 7 months no caretaker to govern the local government. Local governments is now being govern by level 14 workers... Why!!!

He has rendered them absolute useless. The governor now dictate how much he disburse to each local government every 2 months.

Local government workers are suffering from lack of salary whereas each local government get more than enough every month from federal governmrnt to pay their salaries

We pray our lawmakers can use their N06 this time around.

The LG workers have not suffered really.
Keep praying ONLY and let's see how that will change things.
Did the oyinbo people who brought this pray, pray religion to us make progress ONLY by praying?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160987_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by manny4life(m): 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2016
If Buhari is able to achieve this, it would be one good thing he did in his administration that sure made sense.
Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by tk4rd: 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2016
The states should also be set free from the stronghold of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives Go-ahead For Reform That Will Seperate Local Govts From State Govts by Zieristclair(m): 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
mamabomboy:
YOU ARE THE DULLARD,YOU KOKONUT HEAD! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Orders Release Of Ifeanyi Ubah Within 48 Hours / The Many Conflicts In Nigerian Corridors Of Power / 2023: Only South-West, South-East Disagreement Can Keep Power In North – Ahamba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.