Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? (848 Views)

Change Your Blog Domain From ..com To .com Or .net In A Jiffy / Webmasters. What Do You Use To Monetize Your Site? / Webmasters, What Is The Name Of This Post Pagination Plugin, I Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by Toluwani113: 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
You have to admit that on the blogosphere, we have some of the weirdest domain names you could possibly find. Some are straight forward while others are downright ridiculous. And of course, we always have those domain names that you have no idea what they are supposed to mean.

So tell me, how did you come about that your domain name(s) ?

Lalasticalala
Mynd44
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by semasir: 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
Mine was borne out of the passion for my alumni LASU hence the title LASU Forum dot com dot ng (https:///iYWUES) and also my hometown for Badagry Forum dot com dot ng too (https:///fvyIeV)

Toluwani113:
You have to admit that on the blogosphere, we have some of the weirdest domain names you could possibly find. Some are straight forward while others are downright ridiculous. And of course, we always have those domain names that you have no idea what they are supposed to mean.

So tell me, how did you come about that your domain name(s) ?

Lalasticalala
Mynd44
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by mokoshalb(m): 9:28am On Sep 16, 2016
semasir:
Mine was borne out of the passion for my alumni LASU hence the title LASU Forum dot com dot ng (https:///iYWUES) and also my hometown for Badagry Forum dot com dot ng too (https:///fvyIeV)

Badagry..? where precisely...semasir sounds very very related to me...
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by semasir: 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
There you go....... I'm from the suburbs of Ajara (Panko village) to be precise after Ajara Grammar School if you are that conversant with the area. Semasir is a funkier version of Semasa

mokoshalb:
Badagry..? where precisely...semasir sounds very very related to me...
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by resultcase(m): 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
My Name!

www.taiwo.me
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2016
Navy ship Aradu ( it means thunder in hausa language )
www.aradublog.
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by Toluwani113: 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:
Navy ship Aradu ( it means thunder in hausa language )
www.aradublog.
Lol
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 16, 2016
This premium domain name is for sell.

www.firmlogger.com

Price = N7k

Quote me if interested
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by mokoshalb(m): 6:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
semasir:
There you go....... I'm from the suburbs of Ajara (Panko village) to be precise after Ajara Grammar School if you are that conversant with the area. Semasir is a funkier version of Semasa

wow! Am a bit familiar with that name, but my area there is Ajara Dokoh... Your area leads to agbovipe right..?
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by KvnqPrezo(m): 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
mokoshalb:
wow! Am a bit familiar with that name, but my area there is Ajara Dokoh... Your area leads to agbovipe right..?
Oga I realized that xenforo is the best!;
This forum was using phpbb but switched to xenforo..
Check it out!!! www.forumpromotion.net/forum

It's a marketing forum.., not owned by a Nigerian
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by mokoshalb(m): 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

OK, nice...
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by KvnqPrezo(m): 6:54pm On Sep 16, 2016
mokoshalb:
OK, nice...

Wanna use free hosting that offers

Disc space of 1000GB
And 1000Gb bandwidth...

Will it be enough?? Just for a start.
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by mokoshalb(m): 6:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Wanna use free hosting that offers

Disc space of 1000GB
And 1000Gb bandwidth...

Will it be enough?? Just for a start.
lol, a free host..?
U kidding me..? 1000gb for a free disc space..? Even paid host don't offer that, BTW don't go for those free host yet, first get your paid host instead ur data might be thrown away if exceeded the normal limit which they won't disclose to ur face..
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2016
mokoshalb:
lol, a free host..?
U kidding me..? 1000gb for a free disc space..? Even paid host don't offer that, BTW don't go for those free host yet, first get your paid host instead ur data might be thrown away if exceeded the normal limit which they won't disclose to ur face..
Cool...

I was even surprized to see 1000GB disc space...

Get it out lemme see I'm wrong...

Uhostfull.com
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by mokoshalb(m): 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Cool...

I was even surprized to see 1000GB disc space...

Get it out lemme see I'm wrong...

Uhostfull.com
I don't need to see the webpage before I know its content, they all use same ethics...
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
mokoshalb:
I don't need to see the webpage before I know its content, they all use same ethics...

LOL...recommend a host...(cheap oo)
I tried 1and1 but it was a huge mess...
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by mokoshalb(m): 7:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

LOL...recommend a host...(cheap oo)
I tried 1and1 but it was a huge mess...
namecheap
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2016
mokoshalb:
namecheap
How do they charge? (I'm outta airtime now
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
Toluwani113:
Lol
what's funny bro
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by semasir: 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
Agbovipe leads to my area instead.....

mokoshalb:
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by mokoshalb(m): 8:55am On Sep 17, 2016
semasir:
Agbovipe leads to my area instead.....

that nice...
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by femifaith(m): 9:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
KvnqPrezo:

WOW! THIS FORUM IS ONE OF I BEST HAVE SEEN SO FAR .... THANKE OP
Re: Webmasters! What Inspired Your Blog's Domain Name ? by benniearinze: 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
Mine was due to my niche. I deal on android products reviews therefore I named my site [url=myphones.com.ng]myphones.com.ng[/url]

(1) (Reply)

What's Up With Nairaland's Facebook Page? / Pay For Webhosting With Perfect Money Or Bitcoin / Be Our Best Blog Commentor And Win Our Template

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.