Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,532 members, 7,865,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:58 PM

Rhema For Living Devotional - The Rapture And The Second Coming Of Christ. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhema For Living Devotional - The Rapture And The Second Coming Of Christ. (450 Views)

The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming / Prepare To Meet Your God (An Excerpt): The Rapture And Great Tribulation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhema For Living Devotional - The Rapture And The Second Coming Of Christ. by Ken4Christ: 12:29am On Sep 16, 2016
Wednesday, September 14th
The Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ - 1

“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord". (1st Thessalonian 4:16-17).

Life doesn't end on earth. The present earth was not God's original plan. Mankind lost the dominion over this present earth to Satan when Adam sinned in the garden of Eden. But Jesus came and redeemed us from the dominion of Satan. However, there is a final redemption; the redemption of our bodies - Romans 8:23.

Though we are saved by faith in the finished work of Christ, we still live in the same sinful body that is perishable. Redemption is not complete until we are brought back to the original state before the fall of man; where there will be no more death, no sorrow, no lack, no economic recession, no hunger, no oppression by any class of people, no security challenge, no corruption and to a state where we will not grow old. What a world that will be.

So, Jesus is coming back. He will come for the Church first. It is the next major events we are all waiting for. This event is simply referred to as the rapture of the Church. The word rapture simply means caught up. It is not the same as the Second Coming of Christ.

There are three major differences between the rapture and the second coming of Christ. First, during the rapture, he comes to take the faithful Saints home but during the second coming, he comes to end the reign of the kingdom of darkness and establish his millennium reign on earth. Second, he will descend as far as the sky during the rapture but he will step his foot on earth when he comes back the second time. Third, Christ will not be seen visibly during the rapture but he will be seen by all during his second coming.

Are you ready for the rapture? Don't be caught unaware. Any believer left behind will go through the great tribulation which will be a most terrible time on earth. Jesus gave us the assurance that he his coming back to take us home; "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh". (John 14:2 - 3; Matthew 24:44).

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank you for the redemption I have in Christ Jesus. I also thank you for the promised redemption of my body at the coming of the Lord. I ask for your grace to help me keep the faith and run the race till the day he comes to take us home in Jesus name. Amen.

Further Study: 1st Corinthians 15:51-58; John 5:25.
Daily Scripture Reading: Acts 2 - 3.; Genesis 49.

Thursday, September 15th
The Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ - 2.

“Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed"(1st Corinthians 15:51-52)

Yesterday, we introduced the subject of rapture and the second coming of Christ. We learnt that the rapture of the church will complete our redemption - the redemption of our bodies. We also noted three major differences between the rapture and the second coming of Christ. Today, we will look at when it will happen and who will be raptured.

No one knows the day or hour the rapture will take place but we know it is very near. We are actually living in borrowed time. So many things happening in our very eyes are pointer to the end of this age. And all these happenings are in fulfillment of Bible prophecies. "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,.." (2nd Timothy 3:1-2).

It is therefore not uncommon to hear of gay marriages officiated even in some of our Churches in the guise of human rights. Times are more challenging than ever. The coming of the Lord is very near. You had better be ready.

Who will be raptured? Only Saints in Christ that remains faithful and keep themselves spotless. You become a Saint in Christ the very moment you receive him into your life as your Lord and personal Saviour. It is not about the denomination you belong to. You must be born again - John 3:1-7.

The fact that you are born again does not mean you will not make mistakes. When you do fall into error, all that is required of you is to ask for forgiveness and you will be forgiven - 1st John 1:9. But how often can one make mistakes and ask for forgiveness? There is no limit but we should not however abuse this grace.

Other basic things you should be doing to stand the chance of making the rapture are;regular church attendance, soul winning, visitations, using your gift to serve God, giving your best to God, walking in Love especially learning to forgive and helping the poor in our midst.

So, be ready for that day is very near. "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." (1st Corinthians 15:53,58)

Prayer: My Father in heaven, I thank you for the living hope I have in Christ Jesus. I ask for your Spirit to strengthen me to serve you faithfully until that day that Jesus comes to take us home. May that day not take me unaware. I also pray for your grace to overcome every temptations that is designed to lure me away from the faith. All these I ask in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Luke 9:26; 1st John 3:2
Daily Scripture Reading: Acts 4-5.; Genesis 50.

(1) (Reply)

The Mystery Of Church And Mosque. / Brokenness To New Lease Of Life / Proven Steps To Living A Spiritual Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.