Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Faze: A Cult Hero: - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Faze: A Cult Hero: (1525 Views)

Oya Dab Is Not A Cult Slang, Here Is The Real Meaning / 2Face Lyrics Stolen From Faze Of Plantation Boys? / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faze: A Cult Hero: by B11ladman: 12:01am On Oct 10, 2009
Faze has earned himself a name in the Nigerian music industry as one of the most sold Nigerian artistes of all time with his first album 'Faze Alone' pushing out over one million copies while his sophomore 'Independent' distributed over one million copies before the release date for the album. Till date it has scored 3 million copies making it one of the most successful albums of 2007 and in Nigerian music history. His third effort 'Originality' went platinum in its first month of release. Faze is still known to have hit the highest vocal note by any Nigerian contemporary superstar till date. He also holds the record of being the only Nigerian artiste with three platinum albums consecutively especially after the commercial flop of top artiste Tu Face's third album 'Unstopppable' due to lack of proper promotion. Faze finished third in Vanguards Naija music (fans favourite)Idol behind Tuface (winner) and P-Square (1st runner-up). He has recorded songs with international artistes Wyclef and Naughty by Nature [2]. He has got lots of awards and nominations.

1st album
Faze Alone sold 1.2million units in its first month of release.The album got lots of positive reviews though it couldn't march the success of his fellow Plantashun Boyz member 2 Face who got more acceptances. The album went on to produce three top twenty hit singles. Faze Alone reached #1 on some charts such as Cosmo FM (Enugu), Rhythm FM (Lagos)and Ray Power FM (Lagos). The second single Angel Gabriella did not march the success of its predecessor 'Faze Alone'. It reached the top ten but did not debut on number one on most charts around Nigeria but become a household choice. The third single did not march the success of its predecessors but made the top twenty of some charts like the Rhythm FM. It low success on charts where blamed on lack of promotion.

2nd Album
Independent sold over one million copies before its release date making the most sold album before its official release date. The Six singles in the album namely Loving you everyday (Channel O nominated for best West African Video of the year 2008), Kpo Kpo di Kpo (#1 Single chart song and Best Chereography award winner (Soundcity Awards), Letter to my brother (one of Africa's best diss replies as well as a top chart song), Tatoo Girls (#1 chart single),Need Somebody (#1 Chart single and Hip-Hop Nominated song for Best R&B Song of the year), and Kolomental (lead single of the album and one of the two biggest hits of 2007 the other being Yahoozee by Olu maintain)

With over 3 million sold with a number of awards and nomination Independent stands out as one of the best R&B album in Nigeria of all time. The album masterminded Faze's present international popularit.

3rd
After a successful multi-Platinum selling Independent, Originality has received the tag "The Most Anticipated Album of the Year 2008. The first time the performing artiste will get such recognition for releasing any of his albums. The album also paved way for Faze as the first Nigerian Contemporary artiste to have three of his albums go platinum consecutively. Having pushed out over One million copies by the end of October its first lead single Originality has being a success in charts reaching the top three of charts like Super 7 (Africahit.com), Global countdown, Cosmo FM chart etc. Spend my money (official second single), Play Ball, Yawa Eh, Valentine's Day, Am in love, Dutty wine are also expected to make the singles list and if all do make it as singles it will pave way for another history for being the only album by Nigerian to have up 7 singles in an album. Originality also certifies Faze as one of Nigeria most consistent artiste releasing an album every two years the last 'Independent' was released on October 5, 2006.

Faze should be a legend in making, and king of r&b in nigeria.
Re: Faze: A Cult Hero: by Shola2009(m): 1:24am On Oct 10, 2009
fAZE is a correct guy, no doubt! kudos to him , but
Faze Alone sold 1.2million units in its first month of release
is that including the pirated copies grin
Re: Faze: A Cult Hero: by B11ladman: 10:35am On Oct 10, 2009
I no they there. so i no no,
Shola2009:

butis that including the pirated copies grin

I no dey there, so i no know
Re: Faze: A Cult Hero: by unix4real1(m): 12:38pm On Oct 10, 2009
Whats happening to his deal with Akon
Re: Faze: A Cult Hero: by eleshin(m): 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2009
originality sold platinum?
Re: Faze: A Cult Hero: by mbulela: 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2009
all these album sales wey dem de pull out of butt hole.
see their mouth like 3 million, 7 million and 1.2million.
i am one of Faze biggest fans but i am not naive nor stupid.
next thing Dbanj or tuface go say him don sell 50million copies.
Re: Faze: A Cult Hero: by unix4real1(m): 2:49pm On Oct 10, 2009
mbulela:

all these album sales wey dem de pull out of butt hole.
see their mouth like 3 million, 7 million and 1.2million.
i am one of Faze biggest fans but i am not naive nor stupid.
next thing Dbanj or tuface go say him don sell 50million copies.

Leave dem make dem dey decieve themselves sad
Re: Faze: A Cult Hero: by mamagee6(f): 11:19pm On Oct 10, 2009
Hero my foot. cheesy cheesy
Re: Faze: A Cult Hero: by chrisical(m): 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2009
Yep up faze
Re: Faze: A Cult Hero: by pheesayor(m): 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2009
eleshin:

originality sold platinum?

u dey doubt am? It's possible cos i was highly anticipated even though it didnt do well eventually
Re: Faze: A Cult Hero: by tosinaded(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2009
i laff in Boko Haram grin
platinum my freaking foot angry
Re: Faze: A Cult Hero: by bigismalls: 9:00am On Oct 16, 2009
tosinadeda, i dont expect anything less than what u just replied that makes u tosinadeda. but u will agree with me that u know deep down within you, we all know that faze has unrivaled talent. the truth is we dont apprecite him as much as we ordinarily should.
Re: Faze: A Cult Hero: by tosinaded(m): 11:08am On Oct 16, 2009
bigismalls:
but u will agree with me that u know deep down within you, we all know that faze has unrivaled talent.

tell me how this translates to selling platinum!!!!

(1) (Reply)

2FACE VS DBANJ Who Sings Better? / Download Phyno – Parcel.mp3 Here / DJ Khaled – How Many Times Ft. Lil Wayne, Big Sean & Chris Brown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.