Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's (782 Views)

Madam Inserted Stick In My Private Part –girl, 12 (pic) / Ugandan Woman Raped, Murdered With Stick Inserted In Her Private Part (photos) / Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by finally1(m): 9:49pm On Sep 16, 2016
[b] The Presidency has responded to reports that
President Buhari plagiarized president Barack
Obama's speech at the launch of "Change
Begins With Me" reorientation campaign in
Abuja last week

A part of President Buhari's speech (right)
contained largely the same arrangement of
words and emotional outburst that President
Obama used in his 2008 victory speech (left)
after he was elected the first American black
president.

Reacting to the report, Senior
Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media
and Publicity, Shehu Garba, says the official
responsible for the speech will be sanctioned
Below is the statement issued by Shehu
Garba Shehu, SSAP Media and Publicity to
the President:
The Presidency wishes to respond to a story
on alleged plagiarism in a Presidential
Speech that has been trending for most of
today.

The Presidency observed that the similarities
between a paragraph in President Obama’s
2008 Victory Speech and what the President
read in paragraph nine of the sixteen-
paragraph while inaugurating the “Change
begins with me” are too close to be passed
as coincidence. There was a mistake by an
overzealous administration staff and we
regret that this has happened.

Deputy Director in the Presidency has
accepted responsibility for the insertion of
the contentious paragraphs even when a
query to him was being typed.

This serious oversight will be investigated
thoroughly and appropriate punishment
meted.

The Presidency, once again regrets this
unfortunate incident. Measures have been
put in place to ensure that this does not
happen again.

President Muhammadu Buhari admonished
Nigerians to move past incident and focus on
the message of change which the country
needs in order to restore our cherished value
systems.[/b]
Source: Quotes culled from Thisday

mynd44 lalasticlala

http://www.jeloser.info/2016/09/plagiarism-presidency-to-punish.html

Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
That picture sef grin
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by Young03(m): 10:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
garba shehu is an ediot, why can't they ( the presidency) do a cross check over the written text when it was brought to them.

come here cum de misyarn
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by altim8(m): 11:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
Copy copy... By the way that gaddamn slogan "change" was also copied by copy copy.

Time to copy by d copy cats... Instruction, kindly replace every word bearing Obama or America. We mean business as there is no time!!! Ya time starts now

Campaign Slogans of Buhari in Nigeria

1. "Yes We Can"
2. “Change” versus “More of the Same”
3. "Vote for Change"
4. "Change We Can Believe In"
5. "Our Time for Change"
6. "It's about Time. It's about Change"
7. "Stand for Change"
8. "Organize for Change"
9. “We are the change we’ve been looking for. Change can’t happen without you.”
10. "I’m asking you to believe. Not just in my ability to bring about real change in daura. I'm asking you to believe in yours."
11. "A leader who can deliver change"
12. "Change in Nigeria doesn't start from the top down. It starts from the bottom up."
13. “Buhari Momma”
14. "Women for Buhari"
15. "Buhari for Nigeria"
16. "A New Beginning"
17. "Help me take back Nigeria"
18. "My President is Black"
19. "Eight [years] is Enough"
20. " Nigeria , we cannot turn back. We cannot walk alone."
21. "We must pledge once more to walk into the future."

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by project4OO: 6:33am On Sep 17, 2016
For plagiarism-free reports, President Muhammadu Buhari can hire:

Project400 www.nairaland.com/project400

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by mencade5(m): 6:46am On Sep 17, 2016
B
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by arosunshine(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by goldenceo1: 7:12am On Sep 17, 2016
APC leaders are the most lazy leaders we've ever had in dis country. How can a presidential media team be so lazy to do fact finding b4 releasing a speech. there are thousands of software been used to track plagiarisms n dis money bag APC copycat media team can't do much to save their brain d*ad master
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by olanshile2016(m): 7:14am On Sep 17, 2016
OXFORD DICTIONARY: New word inclusion. BUHARI /boo-ha-ree:/ Noun: buhari 1. hard, hardship, difficult, harsh, tough; e.g "The economy is now buhari for the masses" Synonyms: onerous, strenuous, arduous grueling, painful, hellish; Antonyms: easy, smooth, simple. Verb: buharify, buharicate, buharification; 2. to make complex, worse, unbearable; e.g "Please don't come and buharicate issues here" "The only way to reduce applicants is to buharify the process" Synonyms: complicate, exacerbate, degenerate; Antonyms: simplify, ameliorate. Adjective: buharific 3. terrible, hectic, difficult; Synonyms: tough, back- breaking, intricate, knotty, thorny; Antonyms: fantastic, splendid, pleasant. e.g "How were your final exams? It was buharific!!!" . . . I
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by goldenceo1: 7:16am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by dunkem21(m): 7:17am On Sep 17, 2016
From their campaign days, they have been into copy and paste, word lifting plagiarism.

I even thought that Obama sanctioned the criminal act.

They even stole my idea twice on Nairaland here and I have been shouting..

Plagiarism is the highest academic offence ahead of piracy and punishing the script writer is meaningless where the script user walks free. (Ask Linda Ikeji)

It is just like somebody admitting that someone wrote his fraudulent project for him.

If I become a president, I will write all speeches by myself and give the script writers to fine tune.
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by Positivist: 7:27am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by kingphilip(m): 7:30am On Sep 17, 2016
Do garba shehu mean to tell us that the article went directly from the deputy director straight to Mr president?? The channels it passed through there should have been a model of checking for plagiarism and even the president himself in saner clans would have gone through it to verify before coming out to read it

BTW I thought my liar said he has nursed this change begins with me initiative ever before being appointed as a minister.. How then could an article which should be the roadmap of something he propounded be written by someone else and also containing a plagiarized work

May God deliver us from enemy within
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by Nina4u(f): 7:55am On Sep 17, 2016
Nigeria is a joke undecided to the world u burn ppl alive on the streets u not sivilzed but barbarians
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by olumaxi(m): 9:00am On Sep 17, 2016
They ought to av gone thru d script b4 giving it to d president....and if they had been a reader/scholar,they shld av picked dat those were once d words of obama........i think al at d presidency shld b sacked
Re: Presidency To Punish Official Who Inserted Obama's Quote In President Buhari's by finally1(m): 11:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nina4u:
Nigeria is a joke undecided to the world u burn ppl alive on the streets u not sivilzed but barbarians
you shuld stop spitting thrash dere

.wtf ??

(1) (Reply)

Notorious Gang Kills Nigeriana Footballer In South Africa / PHOTOS: Father Accuses Children Of Witchcraft, Nails Them To The Cross / Hilarious Video Of A Nigerian Army Cadet Cries While Firing A Gun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.