Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

Writing From A Male POV - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writing From A Male POV (497 Views)

A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why) / Confessions Of A Male Prostitute Part 1 / Memo Of A Male Sex Addict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Writing From A Male POV by JohnieWalker(m): 9:57pm On Sep 16, 2016
A female friend of mine who is a writer was asking me some questions about what it feels like to be male. She mentioned she was trying to create a story from a male point of view. I did some googling but couldnt really figure what it meant to write from male POV...Please is it by writing with he, his, him or describing what males feel?
cc Ishilove
Re: Writing From A Male POV by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
I'm surprised such question didn't get a response. Hoping you're not a regular troll.

It means writing a story as if you're a male experiencing it. Most amateur writers fail this test because males and females see things (and voice stories) in different ways. It's one of the reason male trolls hiding as females are quickly and easily fished out.
If one presents a _nude body to a male audience and the same to a female one then tells them to pen down their reaction to it, differences would exist in regards to the sex examined: males would write more direct and to the point descriptions while females would wander around, beating around the bush mostly before coming to a diplomatic easily-changeable conclusion.

Results would vary depending on individual but in general the male and female reactions would tally when compared amongst members of the same sex.
Re: Writing From A Male POV by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
My suggestion is practice makes perfect. Tell her to ask males what they see regarding scenarios and write stories which mirror their point of view. You can read them and watch how using trial by error she eventually passes off for a male writer.
Another suggestion is for her to masquerade as a male on dating sites online and make moves on women. She would become more believable with time. If it works for yahoo boys then it would work just as easy for a budding writer.

(1) (Reply)

Mother Nature..... / Abel's Journal 4 ( 3 Years On) Continuation / Book Summaries For The Week - The 80/20 Principle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.