Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,670 members, 7,809,536 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly (11180 Views)

President Buhari Speaks At UN General Assembly (Video) / President Buhari Arrives New York For UN General Assembly (Photos) / Nigeria Appointed Acting President UN General Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by maupe: 11:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama will review military strategy against the Islamic State group, press nations to admit more refugees and review progress around the world, despite new challenges, when he makes his final appearance at the U.N. General Assembly session in New York next week, the White House said Friday.

On the sidelines of the session, Obama has scheduled meetings with the leaders of Iraq, Nigeria and Colombia and plans to promote trade between the U.S. and Africa.

Obama heads to New York on Sunday for the General Assembly session that opens Monday, his eighth and final as president.

He plans to sit down Monday with Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi to discuss progress the country has made countering the Islamic State group, a coming Iraqi military operation to take back the city of Mosul from IS militants, and a brewing humanitarian crisis inside Iraq, said Ben Rhodes, Obama's deputy national security adviser.

Deputy Secretary of State Antony Blinken said this week while visiting Baghdad that Iraqi forces aided by the U.S.-led coalition against IS had retaken half the territory that militants once held in the country. He also announced more than $181 million in aid to address a humanitarian crisis that has festered in Iraq as a result of the insurgency.

Despite a series of major defeats in recent months, IS has maintained its grip on Mosul, Iraq's second largest city. Iraq hopes to launch an operation this year to retake Mosul.

Obama delivers his final address to the yearly gathering of world leaders on Tuesday, and will use the opportunity to "step back" and review some of the progress over the past eight years along with "some of the trends that have been shaping our international order," said Rhodes, previewing the trip for reporters.

The Syrian conflict continues to confound world leaders, although a recent cease-fire agreement appears to be holding, but Syria has not yet allowed humanitarian aid to flow to the city of Aleppo and other affected areas. Meanwhile, North Korea continues to defy the international community with its recent nuclear and ballistic missile tests.

Obama also plans to meet Tuesday with Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, who has held office for just over a year, to talk about continued U.S. support for security and economic changes in the country, as well the government's efforts to counter the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram.

At a summit on refugees that the president is hosting, Obama is expected to press more nations to open their borders and help double the number of refugees who are resettled around the world. Mexico, Sweden, Canada, Germany, Jordan and Ethiopia are co-hosting the summit along with U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.

Europe has shouldered a large portion of the Syrian refugee crisis. Canada welcomed 25,000 Syrian refugees, and the U.S. recently met its goal of resettling 10,000 Syrian refugees this year.

Obama will devote a portion of Wednesday, the final day of the General Assembly session, to promoting trade between the U.S. and Africa. He was attending a summit with some 200 American and African CEOs, and African heads of state.

The president also plans to meet with Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos, mainly to discuss a historic peace agreement recently struck between Santos' government and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia rebel group to end 52 years of hostilities, the Western Hemisphere's longest-running war.

The U.S. supported the peace effort, and the people of Colombia will vote on it a nationwide referendum in early October.

On Sunday evening in New York, Obama was headlining a Democratic Party fundraiser.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-09-16-17-10-41

1 Like

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by DerrickzB: 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
Dear obama.. as u meet pa buhari....ensure to beat him blue n black for plagiarizing ur speech... thank u sir....lol

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by delikay4luv: 11:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
The offeror is meeting with the offeree

5 Likes

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by Agimor(m): 12:35am On Sep 17, 2016
DerrickzB:
Dear obama.. as u meet pa buhari....ensure to beat him blue n black for plagiarizing ur speech... thank u sir....lol
Everyone using the word plagiarism as though he was the first person to have plagiarized someone's work.. Back then in I can at least point like two lecturers who plagiarized people's work hence its not a new trend. The only negavity there is that it's coming from the presidency.

5 Likes

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by dokiOloye(m): 12:40am On Sep 17, 2016
Chaii.Obama don suffer.
Him ear go sotey hear stuff like "pight kwarapshan" "pederal ganment" etc.
They had better detail an interpreter to d illiterate dullard.

18 Likes

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by Emmaoga: 12:57am On Sep 17, 2016
Agimor:
Everyone using the word plagiarism as though he was the first person to have plagiarized someone's work.. Back then in I can at least point like two lecturers who plagiarized people's work hence its not a new trend. The only negavity there is that it's coming from the presidency.

I know a lecturer that lost his PhD honor due to he plagiarised his masters thesis in university of Salford (England) during my days there.

Nigeria is corrupt and that doesn't mean whatever you do here u carry it to another country.... you don't know where you will be tomorrow.

Finally, there is a way to search online if the sentence you want yo use has been used or authored by someone. I don't know what Nigerians lecturers do teach here but during my schooling days in university of Salford, we were taught how to search online to know if someone already owns that sentence you want to use in your project or speech.

All you need to do is to rephrase the sentence totally or reference the persons name if you are the lazy type.
Academically, plagiarism is a worst offense than malpractice.
Reason:: even if they finds out 10yrs later that you are guilty of plagiarism, you will be stripped off any degree you have whether PhD or professorship.

if you care to know how to search for it online, just send me a private msg at your own convenient time.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by nototribalist: 1:21am On Sep 17, 2016
Obama can you please help us put tattoo on his forehead that says FAILURE. Thanks

29 Likes

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by justmenoni: 3:34am On Sep 17, 2016
[you don't need to reply him. Perhaps he schooled in naija where everything dey go.. School abroad especially in western countries thrn go ahead and plagarise people's work and it's mostly failure or in the very good case you've to rewrite the work or exam.

quote author=Emmaoga post=49428363]

I know a lecturer that lost his PhD honor due to he plagiarised his masters thesis in university of Salford (England) during my days there.

Nigeria is corrupt and that doesn't mean whatever you do here u carry it to another country.... you don't know where you will be tomorrow. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by jejemanito: 8:41am On Sep 17, 2016
Agimor:

And Here Goes A Comment Filled With Words And Sentences Signifying Nothing.

23 Likes

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by DerrickzB: 8:46am On Sep 17, 2016
Agimor:

Yeah coming from d number one citizen of a nation...that's y its a national embarrassment.... And an error in leadership..

22 Likes

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by herzern(m): 8:47am On Sep 17, 2016
DerrickzB:

Yeah coming from d number one citizen of a nation...that's y its a national embarrassment.... And an error in leadership..

And Your Hero that didn't plaqiarise speech.......

Isn't his area of specialization lootinq the nation dry??......payinq/fendinq qlorified militants??.....privatisinq the Nation's Commonwealth.........

Buhari plagiarised speech....He has plaqiarize it naa niyen..........

If He is disqracinq yhu internationally..... Apply for the Zimbabwean citizenship!!!!!!......

I'm a core hater of Buhari but I'll support him on this!......don't you know there are foreiqners on this forum??..........Whatever you say to him.....it is directed to the Country as a whole!.....

In a saner society......after this accusation.....Citizens will be cautious with their approach......You don't just ridicule your President......

11 Likes

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by jodavid(m): 8:47am On Sep 17, 2016
All these too much talk.. I love action.. That's why i want Donald Trump to replace this guy.
Let Bubu try and plagiarise Trump's speech...
grin

3 Likes

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by Helkayklassic(m): 8:48am On Sep 17, 2016
Obama will be like bring back my speech.
Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 17, 2016
2 leaders are meeting at the UN. One heads the most powerful nation on earth.

While the other heads the most populous black nation on earth.

One thinks and consults widely before taking a decision while the other takes decisions at will and leads his people into RECESSION. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by Bitterleafsoup: 8:48am On Sep 17, 2016
Buhari will now return his favor to the favor bank.
Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by CriticMaestro: 8:48am On Sep 17, 2016
They want to arrest bubu for plagiarism

5 Likes

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:48am On Sep 17, 2016
ok
Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by Xberryz(m): 8:50am On Sep 17, 2016
I feel bad knowing I once supported this fvucked government

4 Likes

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by seapson(m): 8:50am On Sep 17, 2016
wen I fink bout d people dat don't even av a clue bout wat dey gonna eat every mawin,my eye gets flooded...
we voted diz devil with high hopes,not knowing dat he only capitalized on pdp's "shortcoming"....
just look at were we are now,not to mention wats ahead of us..
Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by TPAND(f): 8:50am On Sep 17, 2016
Obama is meeting with all the leaders of the world. Lets not single out our clueless in chief.

Back after a lenghty ban

8 Likes

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by ChuxMyk(m): 8:50am On Sep 17, 2016
Agimor:
So why are you complaining?

1 Like

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by hakeem4(m): 8:51am On Sep 17, 2016
J
Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by adonbilivit: 8:51am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by Kaybee14(m): 8:51am On Sep 17, 2016
The plagiarized issue has been done already. It has really exposed the capacity of the people at the helm of affairs. It is highly regrettable as confessed by the presidency though. Moving the country forward should be the top priority right now rather than continue allowing plagiarism to cause distraction.

I do hope the UN General Assembly meeting would bring about positive impact on well-meaning Nigerians because it is indeed a trying time for our dear country's economy.

God bless everyone & God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by jerryspear(m): 8:51am On Sep 17, 2016
Gudnews people
Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by biggz82: 8:52am On Sep 17, 2016
Obama help us talk some sense in Buhari b4 we die 4 9ja

1 Like

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by Xberryz(m): 8:52am On Sep 17, 2016
jejemanito:

And Here Goes A Comment Filled With Words And Sentences Signifying Nothing.
I swear the Mofo made no point

2 Likes

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 17, 2016
Agimor:
It's stil a crime. No matter who the culprit is. Be it a professor or a primary one pupil. it's required to acknowledge sources when compiling write ups, speeches, projects etc.

2 Likes

Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by Minjaa: 8:53am On Sep 17, 2016
Good
Re: Obama To Meet With Buhari At The UN General Assembly by sigiyaya(m): 8:53am On Sep 17, 2016
Xberryz:
I feel bad knowing I once supported this fvucked government
Me too bro cry cry cry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adamawa State Considers Review Of Use Of Hijab / Fuel Scarcity: NSCDC Seals 2 Filling Stations In Niger / Peace Returns To Osun PDP As Party Elects Adagunodo Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.