Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,233 members, 7,846,100 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Does Obama Really Deserve To Be A Nobel Peace Prize Winner ? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Does Obama Really Deserve To Be A Nobel Peace Prize Winner ? (657 Views)

Is Obama Really Serving In The Interests Of Americans???? / Was Obama Really Doing This? / Was Obama Really Doing This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Obama Really Deserve To Be A Nobel Peace Prize Winner ? by edoyad(m): 8:38am On Oct 10, 2009
Yes he's great but does he really deserve all the credit He's getting ? Are you trying to tell me He's in the same ranks with Martin Luther kings and Nelson Mandelas of the world ?
To me even Yar'adua looks a better candidate for the prize . This international humanitarian awards that i used to hold in high esteem are beginning to look like the Grammys to me. Even if he were going to win the Nobel prize i thought it would have been the literature category for "Audacity of hope " and "Dreams of my father", though i haven't read the books my self.
Re: Does Obama Really Deserve To Be A Nobel Peace Prize Winner ? by AjaraEwuro: 8:43am On Oct 10, 2009
Why not start your own awards, Mr Know Better?
Re: Does Obama Really Deserve To Be A Nobel Peace Prize Winner ? by edoyad(m): 10:19am On Oct 10, 2009
Whether i know better or not, i'm satisfied that i know more people like you.
*hisss*
Re: Does Obama Really Deserve To Be A Nobel Peace Prize Winner ? by edoyad(m): 10:21am On Oct 10, 2009
^ whether i know better or not, i'm satisfied that i know more than numbskulls like you will ever dream of learning
*hisss*
Re: Does Obama Really Deserve To Be A Nobel Peace Prize Winner ? by viaro: 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2009
I partly agree with you, edoyad. It just seems that the award is becoming cheapened by the hipe and all that. Isn't it ironic that the same question is being asked in his country: "What has Obama done to earn a Nobel Peace Prize?" I don't particularly know. But when the 'achievements' that might have earned him the prize are lined up, would it be far wrong to say that there are many, many people who might have stood a better chance to be thus honoured? Just me musing.

(1) (Reply)

The Lady In The 'african Love' Ad, She Looks Igbo: Na Igbo? / Whites Are More Sincere Than Blacks / Did You Know: ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.