Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession (1079 Views)

Police Knows The Sponsors Of Herdsmen But Can’t Arrest Them – Former Naval Chief / The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri / Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by jerusalem101: 7:33am On Sep 17, 2016
Please I need people with better knowledge of the word Recession to enlighten me, cause the Nigerian context of the word Recession has been politicise to a greater level by those in Government and Opposition. After listening to the whole recession brouhaha, am tempted to think that ignorance is a major problem of this Country.
Meanwhile, this is what I understand by the word Recession, "the state of the economy declines; a widespread decline in the GDP and employment and trade lasting from six months to a year".
Any better definition will be welcome too.
Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by davide470(m): 7:44am On Sep 17, 2016
jerusalem101:
Please I need people with better knowledge of the word Recession to enlighten me, cause the Nigerian context of the word Recession has been politicise to a greater level by those in Government and Opposition. After listening to the whole recession brouhaha, am tempted to think that ignorance is a major problem of this Country.
Meanwhile, this is what I understand by the word Recession, "the state of the economy declines; a widespread decline in the GDP and employment and trade lasting from six months to a year".
Any better definition will be welcome too.
Recession is just the fall of the GDP in two successive quarters.

In Q1 (Jan - March), there was a decline in the GDP figures as released by NBS (Nigerian Bureau of Statistics)

Also in Q2 (April - June), another decline was recorded.

So viola, we are technically in a "Recession" based on Economics.

Then again, "Stagflation" is our major problem in Nigeria.
- Slow economic growth, rising inflation and unemployment rates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by ncpat(m): 8:05am On Sep 17, 2016
In fact we are heading to Depression

Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by CriticMaestro: 8:13am On Sep 17, 2016
The definition of recession is the Nigerian economy simpu
Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by Paperwhite(m): 8:24am On Sep 17, 2016
Simply means-the end effect of the utter cluelessness of a party called APC that once ruled Nigeria.
Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by zarathustra(m): 8:32am On Sep 17, 2016
Recession in a simple business language is a decline in demand and investments.
Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by clefstone(m): 8:35am On Sep 17, 2016
Recession: is a word (Kemi Adeosun's definition)
Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by GoldenJAT(m): 8:38am On Sep 17, 2016
Paperwhite:
Simply means-the end effect of the utter cluelessness of a party called APC that once ruled Nigeria.
u dont even know d meanin and wont learn...ur own mumu 2much.
Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by GoldenJAT(m): 8:40am On Sep 17, 2016
clefstone:
Recession: is a word (Kemi Adeosun's definition)
keep quite and learn!
Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by ITbomb(m): 8:41am On Sep 17, 2016
A better definition you said?

Recession is the state of the economy declines; a widespread decline in the GDP and employment and trade lasting from six months to a year resulting from lack of good government policies and no economic direction especially in a country ruled by a dulllard and hailed by zombies

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by drss2(m): 8:47am On Sep 17, 2016
recession is define as d slow down of economic activities in d con3 ova a period of two quarters in a year.
Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by clefstone(m): 8:55am On Sep 17, 2016
GoldenJAT:
keep quite and learn!
learn from you who spells quiet as quite?
Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by GoldenJAT(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2016
clefstone:
learn from you who spells quiet as quite?
that was certainly a typographical error!ur shallow mind sure knows that,but wont admit!
Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by Jesusloveyou: 10:29am On Sep 17, 2016
recession is when they is reduction in spending, and lack of employment in his full capacity, as for me, i am enjoying the recession becos i want pple to reduce their spending on trivia things or things that wil not help them or help the country, but i want the govt to spend on critical infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by clefstone(m): 11:14am On Sep 17, 2016
GoldenJAT:
that was certainly a typographical error!ur shallow mind sure knows that,but wont admit!
you must be an APC member. Always have an excuse or lie to come up with when they goof
Re: Who Knows The Real Meaning Of Recession by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
You are brave for asking.......next time ask some people in certain ministries and see the different many definitions you will get cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

“allah Doesnt Want This” Gimba’s 1st Wife Reacts To His Marriage To Fatima Buhar / Ondo: Eyitayo Jegede Will Defeat Akeredolu, Others — PDP Reps / Senate Rejects Magu As EFCC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.