Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Bola Ige’s Death Is A Waste, Says Daughter Funso Adegbola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Ige’s Death Is A Waste, Says Daughter Funso Adegbola (613 Views)

Bola Ige’s Murder: We Were Paid Huge Money In Abuja – Suspects / Lere Olayinka Writes Buhari A Letter Over Bola Ige's Reopened Murder Case / Funso Fayose Blasts Sahara Reporters:'U're A Sick Media Portal,We Dont Care' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bola Ige’s Death Is A Waste, Says Daughter Funso Adegbola by BIDOO(m): 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2016
Daughter of late Chief Bola Ige, a former minister of justice and attorney general of the federation, Funsho Adegbola has stated that her father’s death for Nigeria was a big waste.

Speaking with Punch in an interview, Adegbola, a lawyer herself, noted that the lack of justice in the Nigerian system that has made Ige’s death to go unpunished for so long showed that it was not worth it.

Late Bola Ige’s daughter, Funsho Adegbola
“Nigeria is not worth dying for. For my dad, that was his own belief (that whatever you live for is worth dying for), I don’t believe Nigeria is worth dying for because there hasn’t been justice. If somebody or some people are paying the price for his death, then I’ll know that Nigeria is worth dying for. My father believed too much in this Nigeria.

“Every time you said anything negative about the country, he would say no, Nigeria is going to be great, that Nigeria would someday be part of G7 and all that stuff. That was him, and I don’t condemn him for it. But as for me, Nigeria is not worth dying for. I’m going to live for my children, my grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

“God forbids anything to happen to you in this country, you are on your own. So, I’m not going to die for Nigeria. My father has already died for Nigeria; nobody in my family will ever die for Nigeria again.”

Adegbola also noted that Ige’s death remains blight on Nigeria’s history until justice is served. Besides, she said, the matter of political murders should be appropriately dealt with.

Late Chief Bola Ige
“I will speak as a lawyer and daughter of the late Chief Bola Ige. If we don’t get to the root of political murder in Nigeria, it will be like an open sore in the nation’s political and legal system. It is almost 15 years since my father was killed and nobody has been made to pay the price for the murder.

“It is a welcome development that the Federal Government is reopening the case. It is never over until it is over. I think any government that wants to redeem the image of this country and people’s faith in the system will like to put a legal closure to the matter.

“But as a child of God, even if the perpetrators of the murder are put in jail or executed, it does not amount to my father and it does not bring him back. In terms of that, we are not seeking vengeance because nothing can bring him back. But we are asking for justice. He was the Minister of Justice when he was killed, so justice should be done to the killing and moreover, to restore the hope of common man and young people in the justice system.

“Someone must stop this senseless killing in Nigeria. If people kill others and get away with it each time, for us, it’s not going to add to our faith in the legal system.

“However, what keeps me going is the fact that there is divine justice. The Bible says vengeance is the Lord’s. The battle is the Lord’s. My brother and I have done everything possible as children (of Ige) to ask for justice. When the murder trial was on, we both gave evidence so we could not have done anything less for our father who gave everything for us, for Nigeria. We leave the rest to the authority and to God

Re: Bola Ige’s Death Is A Waste, Says Daughter Funso Adegbola by Julietcutie(f): 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Bola Ige’s Death Is A Waste, Says Daughter Funso Adegbola by MrPolitics: 12:51pm On Sep 17, 2016
I went to this woman's school. Mrs Adegbola (director). Margaret thatcher.
Re: Bola Ige’s Death Is A Waste, Says Daughter Funso Adegbola by orisa37: 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2016
By callous Politicians that will roast in Hell.

(1) (Reply)

Jibrin Owns £1.558m In UK Bank - NYCN / This Particular Contractor Should Be Summarily Executed(killed),tagged Terrorist / APC Crisis: Oyegun Fights Back, Meets Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.