Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,982 members, 7,845,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Basic Truths About The Holy Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Basic Truths About The Holy Bible (726 Views)

Understanding The Basic Truths About Problems - Luke 1: 36 / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me / Man Tears The Holy Bible And Got Blasted (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Basic Truths About The Holy Bible by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 17, 2016
The holy bible is the only source of knowledge from God to man. The purpose is to give mankind a revelation of God.
The bible is commonly referred to as the holy scriptures (2 Timothy 3:15), oracles of God (Romans 3:2), book of the Lord (Isaiah 34:16), word of God (Mark 7:13)), word of Christ (Colossians 3:16), word of life (Philippians 2:15).
The holy bible is in two major parts - the old and new testaments; 39 books in the old testament while the new testament has 27 books.
The bible was originally written in Hebrews and Greek languages. It was authored by 40 people for about 1800 years. Even though these people had different background, their write-ups point to the same thing because they wrote under the influence of the Holy Spirit.
The bible has solution to every problem of man. The central theme is CHRIST and His redemption work (John 30:31).
To get the best from the bible, do the following;
i. love the truth
ii. have supreme love for God
iii. have intense desire to know more
iv. study the bible always.
SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: Basic Truths About The Holy Bible by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2016
The bible is ancient book written by ancient barbaric men, it supports slavery, rape, misogyny and genocide. In fact if every nation in the world wanted to adhere to the laws and teachings of the bible, all nations would be like Syria that is partly controlled by the Islamic state. It amazes me how sane people could seriously support the bible and its God. Read more of your own Bible to see the truth.

1 Like

Re: Basic Truths About The Holy Bible by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
A natural man cannot understand the scriptures; to him, it is foolishness to him ... i understand where you are coming from.... i pray the GRACE of God appear unto you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basic Truths About The Holy Bible by Scholar8200(m): 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2016
Lennycool:
The bible is ancient book written by ancient barbaric men, it supports slavery, rape, misogyny and genocide. In fact if every nation in the world wanted to adhere to the laws and teachings of the bible, all nations would be like Syria that is partly controlled by the Islamic state. It amazes me how sane people could seriously support the bible and its God. Read more of your own Bible to see the truth.
Show a command that does the highlighted.
Re: Basic Truths About The Holy Bible by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2016
Scholar8200:
Show a command that does the highlighted.
I'll do just that
1) Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead(Judges 21:10-24 NLT)
rape and pillage of the Midianites(Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)
Murder Rape and Pillage(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)
Female Captives(Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)
rape and the Spoils of War(Judges 5:30 NAB
Sex Slaves(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
God Assists Rape and Plunder(Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)
there it is before your eyes what God supports.
Re: Basic Truths About The Holy Bible by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
klap4gbens:
A natural man cannot understand the scriptures; to him, it is foolishness to him ... i understand where you are coming from.... i pray the GRACE of God appear unto you
What else is there to understand, how can you justify slavery, rape or genocide? I'm waiting for an answer
Re: Basic Truths About The Holy Bible by Scholar8200(m): 5:41pm On Sep 17, 2016
Lennycool:

I'll do just that
1) Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead(Judges 21:10-24 NLT)
Did you read vs 25 - In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes. Meaning they were not following God's commandment. Hence what you have there is a report of Israel's actions, not God's / anyone's commandment.

rape and pillage of the Midianites(Numbers 31:7-18 NLT);Murder Rape and Pillage(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

Read vs 1-3 and understand the background. Besides, do you realise the same thing was done to Israel bu other nations when they were guilty?

Female Captives(Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)
Yes female war captives, I dont find RAPE there. Can you show us?

rape and the Spoils of War(Judges 5:30 NAB)
Quote this and show us: 1. Who was speaking; and 2. Who the speaker was referring to.
When you have done this, you will see your mistake including this here.

Sex Slaves(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
Did you see this: ''If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself",never heard nothing of sex slavery here. In fact it shows that marriage will take place because it goes further to say:

And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.

10 If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

God Assists Rape and Plunder(Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)
there it is before your eyes what God supports.
bros, what was spoken of here? when did it or will it occur? why will it happen? In fact, if you were free from hate, you would see that this shows that all battles occurred for a reason and were not one-sided. Here God is talking of a judgement coming against (not Babylon) but Jerusalem!
Re: Basic Truths About The Holy Bible by Scholar8200(m): 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
Lennycool:

What else is there to understand, how can you justify slavery, rape or genocide? I'm waiting for an answer
^ look up.
Re: Basic Truths About The Holy Bible by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
Lennycool:

my dear, its possible you have had nasty experiences with those who professed to be xtians but were not....it could also be that you have been wrongly indoctrinated... i just pray that God will open your eyes and show you mercy with real conversion. It is well with your soul.
Re: Basic Truths About The Holy Bible by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
I shake my head at how a reasoning man will try to justify rape, slavery and genocide. There is no limit to the theist delusion, you can't simply accept that the bible was written by ancient men who accepted rape and slavery as socially acceptable as of that time.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/09/16 / Why Do I Always Have Series Of Dream Everytime And Wake Up To Forget / Circularity: The Evidence Of God Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.