Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

When Did God Become This Weak? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Did God Become This Weak? (513 Views)

When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis / WHEN Did God Create Hell? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did God Become This Weak? by truthmans2012: 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2016
There is no doubt that both the Old and New Testament are the words of God. The Quran calls them Torah and Injeel. Nothing was wrong with the Old Testament in writing but in the interpretation by the the Scribes. Those who practiced them rightly got to heaven by it. At least, the Bible prophets made even by it.

Then, Jesus came and corrected the Jews, which is called the Gospel. Having made the necessary corrections, He declared " And this Gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness to all nations and then the end will come (Mat. 24:14). By implication, it is the Gospel God expected to be preached till the end of the world. Why would He change His mind to Islam?

The disciples following the footsteps of Jesus preached the Gospel and God confirmed their words with signs and wonders. This shows God is the pillar behind the Gospel, hence the miracles following their preachings.

The question therefore is: why would God change his mind and move to Islam after 650 years Jesus had gone? The Jews and Christians who didn't believe in Muhammad was because they didn't see God's hands in his ministry as he couldn't heal the sick nor raise the dead. When the sick came to him he would recommend herbs for them: camel urine, samsam water, dates etc .

Islam was not revealed with God's power in intervening in man's situations. It could be true that Muhammad heard from a spirit, but the spirit didn't demonstrate Gods power to liberate man from his adversary. I have never heard of Muhammad or muslims delivering people possessed of the evil spirits. In fact, I am yet to see muslims in spiritual battle with forces of darkness.

When Muhammad's jihadists ate poison, no attempt by him to deliver them by way of prayers. When he himself was sick, they read the Quran on him but it didn't work, yet they call the Quran a miracle. Gabriel who brought the Quran prayed for him to be healed, yet he died. He promised Allah would heal him, but he couldn't. Where is God's power at play? The fact that Gabriel prayed shows it was not yet time for Muhammad to die, yet he died. When did the Almighty God become so weak?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Did God Become This Weak? by yorhmienerd(m): 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
The end justifies the means

1 Like

Re: When Did God Become This Weak? by jared007: 5:12pm On Sep 17, 2016
It surprises me how a sane person could follow d doctrines of Islam. Most muslims try very hard to please their Allah yet they always feel insecure dat their Allah will grant them Aljana.

1 Like

Re: When Did God Become This Weak? by truthmans2012: 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
yorhmienerd:
The end justifies the means

You don't need to wait till the end when it will be too late. Allah has already made his mind known to you and it is his decree. Quran 3:185, 19:68-69 make it clear that muslims fate at death is hellfire. What are you still expecting?
Re: When Did God Become This Weak? by yorhmienerd(m): 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
truthmans2012:

You don't need to wait till the end when it will be too late. Allah has already made his mind known to you and it is his decree. Quran 3:185, 19:68-69 make it clear that muslims fate at death is hellfire. What are you still expecting?
I'm a Christian but I hate to argue on trivial issues like this. Thanks
Re: When Did God Become This Weak? by truthmans2012: 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2016
yorhmienerd:
I'm a Christian but I hate to argue on trivial issues like this. Thanks

You called a matter of salvation a trivial issue? It shows the type of a Christian you are.

A knowledgeable Christian is expected to know that Jesus is the only way to heaven.

Jesus said "I'm the Way the Truth and the Life, nobody can come unto God but by me (John 14:6).

The joy the Devil has today is the ignorance of many who claim to be Christians, but do not know their God. I have heard some Christians who claim islam is also from God. When you hear some Christians become muslims , it is this category of people who do. It is a pity the Devil is catching on some people.
Re: When Did God Become This Weak? by yorhmienerd(m): 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
truthmans2012:

You called a matter of salvation a trivial issue? It shows the type of a Christian you are.

A knowledgeable Christian is expected to know that Jesus is the only way to heaven.

Jesus said "I'm the Way the Truth and the Life, nobody can come unto God but by me (John 14:6).

The joy the Devil has today is the ignorance of many who claim to be Christians, but do not know their God. I have heard some Christians who claim islam is also from God. When you hear some Christians become muslims , it is this category of people who do. It is a pity the Devil is catching on some people.

Hahaha, yea you are right about not neglecting issues like this... You won't understand and thanks for using 'some' in bolded part
Re: When Did God Become This Weak? by talkingtruth: 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2016

(1) (Reply)

The Fake Pastors / Kumuyi Makes Prophetic Predicton On Nigeria’s Recession / Pastor Tries To Be Jesus By Walking On Water.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.