Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari (878 Views)

Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu's 75th Birthday: Patience Jonathan, Okorocha, Mantu Attend / Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 / Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu And Wife Blasted By Trolls [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by olisasegun(m): 6:20am On Sep 18, 2016
An elder statesman, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to seek economic advice from a former Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, in order to rescue the country from recession.

Iwuanyanwu said with the present economic problems, no foreign investor would invest in the country.

The politician urged Nigerians to generate fresh ideas rather than attribute blames and give excuses.

He spoke in Owerri, the Imo State capital, when members of the African Youth Parliament from 50 African countries, led by the Nigerian representative, Ibrahim Mohammed, visited him.

Iwuanyanwu said, “When Nigeria was in this type of mess some years ago, former President Olusegun Obasanjo called on Okonjo Iweala to help. Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan also used her to revive the country’s economy. Nigeria, at this present stage of economic hardship and downturn, should also call on Okonjo-Iweala and others for help. We are in a recession now, if care is not taken, we shall go into depression soonest.”

The elder statesman also frowned on the way sensitive ministries were merged into one, adding that there was no way such supervising  minister would perform a miracle in his or her responsibilities.

“In fact, he (Buhari) should separate Works, Housing and Transport ministries and appoint a minister each for the ministries,” he said.

He advised the members of the African Youth Parliament to pass the message of peace to the youth.

“No good thing comes from destroying good things. I implore you to pass this message across, especially to the youth of the Niger Delta areas,” he added.

http://punchng.com/recession-seek-advice-okonjo-iweala-iwuanyanwu-tells-buhari/
Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Abbeyme: 6:31am On Sep 18, 2016
Who is listening to what
Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by KEZDON(m): 6:33am On Sep 18, 2016
Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Abbeyme: 6:35am On Sep 18, 2016
While I respect the personalty, acumen and wealth of experience of Mrs Okonjo-Iweala, I believe Nigeria should have more and better of her breed around us and she herself should be able to replicate herself into others.

Otherwise, when will the youths of Nigeria ever take charge of the country if we keep recycling same hands?!

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by funnynation(m): 6:39am On Sep 18, 2016
We need to borrow money from Ghana oo.

Nairaland official comedian
Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Taich(m): 6:40am On Sep 18, 2016
Well spoken.
Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by 88natzy(m): 6:44am On Sep 18, 2016
Iwuanyanwu has spoken. But Oga Iwu you nearly ruined Imo state with you God Fatherism during Achike and Ohakims tenureooo.

Its my birthday.
Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by asfrank(m): 6:46am On Sep 18, 2016
Seek help from who again? Iweala? Big laugh, thats a serious joke... If all Nigerians think straight, that name should nt even be mentioned when issues of our economy is on d table,,, recession is not a one day affair, this woman started that process, if nt for fringe sight, she ought to hv curtail d manner economic illiterates like dasuki, nd co withdrew from d national government... Money was dashed to already accomplished thieves as subsidy, we are talking about trillions, I think d elder states man should have pick someone else nt options dat hv proven ineffective. I will pick a secondary school economic teacher than Iweala....
Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 18, 2016
Bubu no dey hear abeg..that ear matter still dey worry am..:e no go gree no worry.
Even iweala no wan get involve..matter don baje well well..
Bubu don waka..make e go chill..heat too much. grin
Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by mekaboy(m): 7:04am On Sep 18, 2016
why will he consult her when he can copy,steal or plagiarise her documents.?
Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by SUPERPACK: 7:04am On Sep 18, 2016
even if we recall, we still dont have enough foreign reserves to defend the naira. SIMPLE.
Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by jemimafelix(f): 8:21am On Sep 18, 2016
asfrank:
Seek help from who again? Iweala? Big laugh, thats a serious joke... If all Nigerians think straight, that name should nt even be mentioned when issues of our economy is on d table,,, recession is not a one day affair, this woman started that process, if nt for fringe sight, she ought to hv curtail d manner economic illiterates like dasuki, nd co withdrew from d national government... Money was dashed to already accomplished thieves as subsidy, we are talking about trillions, I think d elder states man should have pick someone else nt options dat hv proven ineffective. I will pick a secondary school economic teacher than Iweala....

Well spoken
Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Balkan(m): 8:31am On Sep 18, 2016
Those ministries that were merged together shows Buhari really do not know what he is doing.
Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by wordcat(m): 8:32am On Sep 18, 2016
This is becoming silly,seek advise from Iweala on what ground
Is it because of her use of Big grammar or her Voodoo type of economics?

1 Like

Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by olisasegun(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2016
Balkan:
Those ministries that were merged together shows Buhari really do not know what he is doing.

Are you saying that is the reason we are in recession?
Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 18, 2016
asfrank:
[s]Seek help from who again? Iweala? Big laugh, thats a serious joke... If all Nigerians think straight, that name should nt even be mentioned when issues of our economy is on d table,,, recession is not a one day affair, this woman started that process, if nt for fringe sight, she ought to hv curtail d manner economic illiterates like dasuki, nd co withdrew from d national government... Money was dashed to already accomplished thieves as subsidy, we are talking about trillions, I think d elder states man should have pick someone else nt options dat hv proven ineffective. I will pick a secondary school economic teacher than Iweala...[/s].

Useless Afonja and envy of Igbos
Re: Recession: Seek Advice From Okonjo-iweala, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by asfrank(m): 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2016
saint7000:

Useless Afonja and envy of Igbos
Bro I envy no one, talk more of an igbo, what is it that u guys feel u have that others do not. Stand well, u enclose ur self in the SE without moving out nd thinks d world ends der, u guys are so myopic, u think local instead of global... Take ur time, I personally do nt give a dam who ever is appointed to handle any position, provided dat person can do it well, I do nt spend my time playing ethnicity I am above that, u live prehistorical principles in d modern world bro, wake up...

(1) (Reply)

Sam Ogbemudia (edo Best Ever Governor) Endorsed Obaseki- Vanguard / Got Headache?take This Apc Pills (pics) / Compelling Truth About The Dss Raid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.