Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Learn Java EE With Me - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Learn Java EE With Me (6142 Views)

Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? / Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. / SOFTWARE DEVELOPER:- Java(ee And SE) And Android/ios (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Java EE With Me by ugwum007(m): 11:58pm On Oct 17, 2016
I have updated the business methods in our enterprise bean with their proper permissions although some changes will still be made.

Check the github page for the updated source code.

in order to taste the changes made to the project, I employed a TextInputDialog. it will user and password as inputs when the client wants to invoke any business method.
Re: Learn Java EE With Me by ugwum007(m): 12:01am On Oct 18, 2016
Owing to the poor feedback I am getting from here, I have accepted to be a co-author at geekshelm blog. I will still be popping into the thread to keep it updated.
Re: Learn Java EE With Me by ugwum007(m): 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
I promised to be updating this thread frequently with time but I have started a new tutorial/project at geekshelm. Remember, we are all still learning together.

More Java EE7 technologies will surely be added to the new tutorial while I try to reflect it on this one. The tutorial is based on a Simple Car rental Application.

Don't forget to check up my github page for updates.
Re: Learn Java EE With Me by ugwum007(m): 12:22am On Oct 20, 2016
Talking about Datasource, which is a name given to the connection set up to a database from a server.

In creating a datasource with wildfly, you will come across XA and non-XA datasources.
Non-XA datasources are used for applications which do not use transactions, or applications which use transactions with a single database and XA datasources, which are used by applications whose transactions are distributed across multiple databases.

Incase you missed the previous post on how to setup datasource in wildfly or didn't grab it well, I have used images to explain it very well HERE.
Re: Learn Java EE With Me by ugwum007(m): 8:57pm On Oct 21, 2016
Incase you missed the previous post on how to install and setup wildfly application server or didn't grab it well, I have used posted an updated and image detailed steps on how to go about that HERE.
Re: Learn Java EE With Me by ugwum007(m): 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
A named query is a statically defined query with a predefined unchangeable query string. Using named queries instead of dynamic queries may improve code organization by separating the Java persistence Query language (JPQL) query strings from the Java code. It also enforces the use of query parameters rather than embedding literals dynamically into the query string and results in more efficient queries.

I just created a new Enterprise JavaBean Module and the Entity Bean Class with annotated named Queries. Incase, you missed or didn't understand the previous one in this thread, you can read it up here. I used images to demonstrate it well.
Re: Learn Java EE With Me by ugwum007(m): 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
JavaFX GUIs can be styled/skinned with CSS just like HTML and cohorts. Am using JavaFX as my front-end tool because of its better promises than Java Swing. I just added a POST on how to apply CSS to your JavaFX GUI.

I am still getting onboard with this CSS guy.

Re: Learn Java EE With Me by ugwum007(m): 6:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
JavaFX application client styled with CSS that accesses a remote stateless EJB to persist data in database.

I just added a new post on how to go about that.

The next post will be on using webservice to populated JavaFX Table with records from a database.
Re: Learn Java EE With Me by ugwum007(m): 11:03pm On Nov 07, 2016
If you missed the former post in this thread about Web Services, you can check out how EJBs can be exposed as web service endpoints.

JavaFX GridPane populated with SOAP-based web service.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let's Learn Object Oriented PHP! / Is There Any C++ Compiler For Mobile Phone Se(java) / Cost & Requirements Of Setting Up A Software Productn Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.