Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Efe - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Efe (959 Views)

Efe's First Night In Nigeria / An Exciting Event For Spoken Words And Poetry Lovers With Efe Paul Azino (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efe by collinometricx: 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
Efe!
Chapter One
Efe left his hostel in high spirits. He had not seen his girlfriend since she left for the Christmas break. School had resumed since the second week of January and Ivie was still not back. He had left several messages on her phone. She hadn't replied any. His calls went unanswered. His pings never got read. The silent treatment had continued for almost a week. It was driving him nuts. Just as he thought he was loosing it, Ivie had called him that afternoon to inform him she was back to school. Efe almost dropped his Infinix Hot Note in the excitement. Ivie sounded very calm on the other end of the phone. It was as though she hadn't been ignoring him all the while. Efe had wanted to get angry but he just couldn't. Hearing her voice made his anger dissipate quickly; almost too quickly. That she wanted to see him made his resolve grow weaker. He immediately cleaned off the perspiration from his face and ran into the bathroom. He then quickly donned his best t-shirt, struggled into a pair of faded Jean trousers, and slipped his feet into his cream Nike slippers. He almost ran all the way to the female hostel.
Ivie lay on her bed. She didn't move when Efe came into the room. It was as though someone had informed her roommates to leave the room. The usually noisy room was so quiet, it was disturbing. Efe looked round. The room was cluttered with feminine objects as usual. But that was as far as 'usualness' went. Amaka was conspicuously absent from her make-up desk by the door. She was always there, painting and repainting her face. Omoye's bed was so neatly made up, Efe felt a growing sense of foreboding. Omoye never made her bed. She never did. Efe felt his initial excitement turn to worry.
"Ivie?“ His voice sounded strange to his own ears. He went further into the room, locking the door behind him.
"Please leave the door open," Ivie said with a voice so flat it could have been a stranger. She sat up on the bed and hugged her big reddish teddy bear close to her bosom. She buried her face into the soft fabric, her shoulders rising and falling in a rhythmic pattern.
Efe sat gingerly on the bed. He was afraid to settle his whole weight on the foam. Something told him to be ready to jump off just in case. "Ivie, is anything the matter? You're getting me all worried here. Did I do something wrong?“
Ivie raised her tear-swollen face and looked at Efe. The pain in her eyes almost knocked him unconscious. "Baby, I don't know how to tell you this-"
"Oh baby! What's the matter? Jesus Christ! Why are you crying?“ Efe attempted to pry the teddy bear from her fierce embrace. He was here and an ugly teddy bear was taking his place? He couldn't believe it. But the young lady wouldn't let go.
Ivie raised her head again. The tears streamed down her face uncontrollably."I am pregnant!"
Efe jumped off the bed in a flash. "You're what?“ He couldn't understand what she had just told him. “How can you possibly be pregnant? Come on! You're still a virgin, remember? You told me that yourself. That's why I've never rushed you into doing anything with me. How then..." Efe suddenly felt his strength fail him. He sat on the ground and looked at the love of his life in sheer unbelief. "Ivie, how could you do this to me? What was all the waiting for? Please answer me...“ His voice trailed off.
Ivie couldn't hold in the pain any longer. She gave vent to her frustration and opened her mouth in a wail that sent shivers up Efe's spine.
To be continued...
Hope you're having a great day?
Re: Efe by zesh(m): 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
always in line for new stories...please give us the update schedule..Goodluck
Re: Efe by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
Nice start up, bro. The title got my attention,hope the story worth the title.
Re: Efe by collinometricx: 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2016
By 8pm 2day

zesh:
always in line for new stories...please give us the update schedule..Goodluck
Re: Efe by collinometricx: 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
Tnx bro

WHIZKIDEFE:
Nice start up, bro. The title got my attention,hope the story worth the title.
Re: Efe by zesh(m): 7:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
ok thanks....
Re: Efe by Gracito(f): 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
This caught me. Nice, please mention me
Re: Efe by collinometricx: 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
I will do just that

Gracito:
This caught me. Nice, please mention me
Re: Efe by collinometricx: 9:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
Efe
Chapter Two
Dead! That's how Efe felt. He must have died without realising it. Somewhere in between Ivie's story, he had started turning pale. Now he was most certainly dead. He couldn't remember how he had managed to get off her room floor, and made the distance back to his hostel room. He could still hear the pain in her voice as she tried to call him back. Thank God her room door had been ajar. He probably wouldn't have had the strength to open the thing. It was as though an evil genius had sipped all his energy with a straw from a beer bottle. Everything else happened in a blur...
Ivie watched as Efe silently left her room. She could feel the rising emptiness in her. Then the pain; a dull ache that threatened to explode. Deep down she knew her heart was breaking all over again. She had been so scared to tell him what happened. But she had had to eventually. He had a right to know. He had a right to make his own judgements and come to his own conclusions. She knew this day would come. She however never thought it would come the way it did. She called out his name again as the tears choked her. But he just kept walking. She jumped out of her bed and made for the door, knocking over the teddy bear in the process. She paused just by the door way, fought the desire to run after his retreating back and went back into her room...
Many hours later, Efe still felt dead. He lay on his bed unmoving. Safely tucked underneath his blankets, all he could see was darkness. It invaded his life, it jeered at his soul. Efe could not feel his limbs. For a whole day he hadn't been able to eat or drink anything. The satchel of cornflakes still lay open atop his refrigerator where he had abandoned it hours earlier in his haste to rush over to the female hostel. He hadn't even realised he was supposed to take lunch. His room-mates had all left the hostel for their various businesses much earlier. Sylvester had hit him with a pillow before leaving the room, muttering 'sleepy head' in the process. Efe was alone and traumatised. Maybe someone needed to take him to a psychologist fast. Now he was returning the silent treatment. He knew he shouldn't. He knew he ought to be by Ivie's side, trying to offer whatever comfort he could muster. But he also knew he could use some comforting himself. He felt like crying. The truth was that he had nothing to say to her. What was he supposed to say? What words would he use? So he let the phone ring for the umpteenth time. He had stopped counting after the fifteenth missed call. He listened to the beeps as the messages rolled into his phone. He didn't bother to read them. Worse still, he couldn't sleep. He just lay there like a zombie. Just a few hours ago he had been so anxious to hear from the love of his life. Now he wasn't so sure what he wanted. His relationship had just gone up in flames before his very eyes. His best friend was pregnant. He still couldn't believe it. What was most unbelievable was the circumstance of the whole situation. He felt sorry for Ivie. He truly did. But it seemed their future was ruined. He had had plans for them both. Now here he was, his dreams fading away...
“Gbam! Gbam!“ The loud bangs broke into his thoughts. Efe ignored it. He hoped whoever it was would get tired and leave him alone.
"Gbam! Gbam! Gbam! Baby? Baby I know you're in there, please open the door, pleaseeee."
Ivie? That was impossible. Efe jumped out from underneath the blankets. He switched on the lights and gazed at his bedside clock. "10:30 pm? Jesus!“ He dashed to the door and flung it open. One look at her dishevelled appearance, her tear stained cheeks, her swollen eyes and Efe knew he could never stop loving her...
To be continued..[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Efe by zesh(m): 10:44am On Sep 19, 2016
wow.. thanks for the update
Re: Efe by collinometricx: 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2016
Tnx
Re: Efe by collinometricx: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
Dedicated to zesh
Efe
Chapter Three
There were two lone figures in the common room of the female hostel. It was almost midnight. But the couple was oblivious of time. They were lost and confused, and the only solace they could find at the moment was in each other. They knew they were breaking many school regulations just by being here at this time, but neither cared. Nocturnal sounds carried faintly to their ears. Besides that, everything else seemed still. It was as though the campus had gone to sleep.
Efe had walked Ivie back to her hostel almost immediately. He didn't want anyone thinking she was a loose girl. It was unusual to see females at the male hostel at the hour she had showed up. Ivie never came over to his hostel even in broad daylight. She had only come once, and that was after many days of extreme persuasion. She always had a ready excuse. Efe was still so overwhelmed that she came to his hostel tonight, at the hour she did. What if she had been waylaid or something? He shook his head in the darkness of the common room. He didn't want to entertain such thoughts at the moment. He already had too much to deal with. He instinctively tightened his grip around the one woman that meant the world to him. He couldn't bear the thought of losing her to anyone or anything. He had never felt this way about anyone all his life. He knew he had to stay with her. His life depended on it.
“Baby?“ Ivie's voice broke the silence.
"Yes dearie." Efe tried to make out her face in the darkness.
"Thank you!“ Ivie didn't know what else to say. She only knew she was grateful. She couldn't have asked for more.
"For what? Please don't thank me. You don't have to do that. I should be the one apologising. I didn't know what to do. But don't worry. I'm here now. I'll never leave you again. I promise."
Ivie smiled in the darkness. She could begin to see a silver lining in the dark horizon of her life. "What are we going to do?“ She asked.
Efe pondered the question for many minutes. Finally he spoke, his voice a tiny whisper, "Go see your dad."
Ivie jumped out of the sofa they had been reclining on.
"Go see my dad? Jesus, baby! How... What would you... Oh please!“ The magic moment was broken.
Efe rubbed his palms together and got up from the chair. He went to the wall and switched on the light. Then he came back to the chair and sat down.
"Baby, please look at me." Efe took Ivie's hands in his and looked straight into her eyes. "Do you trust me?“
Ivie nodded.
"We have to go see your dad. Believe me."
Ivie turned her head away. She couldn't bear to look into Efe's eyes. She didn't think it was a good idea to go to her dad. It was a terrible idea. Why would he even bring it up? But she knew she would eventually have to agree. She hated it when Efe got this serious about anything. She knew he would go ahead and do it, even if he had to do it alone. He was too stubborn.
"You don't even know him. He would not... We should seriously not go. Please?“
Efe opened his mouth in a determined smile.
Ivie wanted to say something else, but she thought better of it and let the matter drop.
"First thing tomorrow morning then?“
“Efe! Can we stop this already, please?“
To be continued..
Re: Efe by collinometricx: 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
Efe
Chapter Four
Efe and Ivie arrived Benin early in the morning. The bus that brought them had left Ekpoma at 6:30 am. They flagged down a cab beside Big Joe bus stop at Ramat Park as soon as they alighted from the bus. The cab man looked at them and said, "Na one five ooo. Fuel no dey". Efe nodded and opened the door of the back-seat of the cab for Ivie. He joined her and the cab eased into the early morning traffic. Efe figured they'd be at their destination just before 8:00am. He glanced briefly at his watch and looked at Ivie. She had a distant look in her eyes. Their eyes met briefly. It was as though they were trying to reassure each other. It didn't seem like the moment for conversation. Efe sensed the nervousness begin to rise within him. He noticed another emotion as well. Anger; intense anger.
Sir John Okodogbe stood by his office window that Monday morning. His mind went through the deadlines he had to meet, and the many clients on his waiting list. Today was going to be a busy day. His chambers was located on the topmost floor of the eight storey building directly opposite Wema Bank, Papa Via, Benin City. He straightened his navy blue suit as he turned away from the window, then he pressed the call button on his table. "Please I won't be seeing any visitors today", he said as soon as his secretary came into his office. "Direct my clients to me when they come." The young lady nodded and made to leave. "And Linda", the secretary paused, her left hand on the door knob. "My daughter called yesterday. She'll be coming to the office this morning. Please let her in as soon as she comes. Thanks, that will be all for now." Linda nodded and gently closed the door behind her.
Efe sat in the waiting room to Sir Okodogbe's office without Ivie. She had suddenly decided to visit the bathroom. He couldn't but notice how her mood grew worse by the second. It was obvious she didn't want to face her dad just yet. Efe knew this was perhaps the hardest decision he had ever taken for them both. But he was certain it was the right one. So he sat there amidst the many strange faces and waited for Ivie endlessly. Efe glanced at his watch again. Almost thirty minutes had elapsed. He nodded at the secretary and left the waiting room. One of the security men directed him to the restrooms. He went into the male restroom and remained for some minutes. Then he came back out and snuck a peek down the hallway. Satisfied that no one was watching, he quickly went into the restrooms marked "female".
Sir Okodogbe raised his head as the young man came into his office. He looked closely at the boy. He was very well dressed in a dark suit, but he didn't seem like anyone he knew. He was in his early twenties perhaps. He exuded the kind of calm confidence one perceived around young arrogant barristers. "Are you one of my clients today".
"Yes sir."
"Come right in and take a seat."
Okodogbe regarded the young man again. "How may we help you young man."
The young man adjusted his tie and cleared his throat. He seemed to be nervous just for the fraction of a second. But he quickly regained his composure. "It's about your daughter sir."
Ivie wasn't thinking straight. She rushed into the bathroom and broke into deep, nerve wracking sobs. She couldn't bear to face her dad. Not like this, not with Efe. She had thought she could, but when they got to the waiting room she knew she couldn't go through with it. She looked at her swollen reddish eyes in the mirror. She knew she had to pull herself together. But the events of many years ago rushed at her and jammed her brainwaves. She began to relive the many years of sexual assault. She began to feel the weight of carrying her secret around for too many years. She thought she'd go crazy. Letting out a silent wail, she ran out of the bathroom and went straight to the lift. Seconds later, she was on the ground floor, running towards the gate.
Efe was trying his best to remain calm. He shifted on his seat and cleared his throat again. "Your daughter is here... I mean, we came together, but I had..."
"Young man, wait a minute." Ivie's dad cut in, getting to his feet. "I thought you said you were a client. So what's this about my daughter? Is she alright? Is she safe? What happened to her?“
Efe was dumbstruck. This man obviously loved his daughter. He was even genuinely worried about her safety. That was absurd. "Sir I am a friend of your daughter's, I came here to inform you that she is pregnant." Efe didn't know how else to communicate the information. His anger had gotten the better of him.
"What?" The colour drained from the older man's face. "She is what?"
"Pregnant sir!" Efe repeated for emphasis. He stood up and stared straight at Ivie's dad.
Re: Efe by collinometricx: 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
Continuation
Sir Okodogbe could feel the uneasiness creep into his bones. But he was trained to resist such emotions. He sat down and glowered at Efe. "And I suppose you're the perpetrator of this act? " The man's voice had gone ice-cold.
Efe raised his voice a notch. "What kind of father sexually molests her own daughter for so many years? What kind of father goes to the extent of raping her own daughter? Just what kind of man are you sir?" Efe felt the anger rise inside his pores like goosebumps. He was shaking from the effort of retraining himself.
Sir Okodogbe's face remained expressionless for many minutes. Just when Efe thought he had perhaps made a mistake, the door to the office opened and Ivie walked in.
"Ivie. Thank goodness!" Efe went to the door and stood by her side.
"Ivie, who's this young man you brought to my office to insult me?" How could you talk about us to a stranger? I love you so much. This is a family affair. Why didn't you..."
"Oh just shut up dad!" Ivie was tired of the abuse. She was tired of the incestuous relationship she had been having with her dad. It was time to put an end to it.
"Dad, how could you do this to me? You didn't even know you had gotten me pregnant did you?" She didn't make any attempt to stop the tears that rolled down her cheeks in torrents. "Dad, you're a Christian for God's sake. You're even a knight in the church. Above all, you're a lawyer. Why did you ruin my life this way? Daddy? What did I ever do to you? I was the good daughter, always trying to please you. What do you think mummy will do to you when she finds out? What am I supposed to do with this baby? Where do I begin from? Don't you see? You've ruined my life, you've destroyed my future." Ivie paused for breath. "Cursed be the day I became your daughter. Oh God! Oh God, why?"
Before Efe knew what was happening, Ivie dashed out of the office. She was running so fast, he feared she'd hurt herself. Without thinking, he ran right after her
Re: Efe by collinometricx: 7:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
Efe
Chapter Five
John Okodogbe was a broken man. Many days after the episode with his daughter and the mysterious young man, he still couldn't figure out what to do. He had called her severally but she wouldn't take his calls. He was not a devil. He loved Ivie. He truly did. She was all they had. He didn't quite understand how it had all started. One day he had begun desiring her in that abnormal way. He had tried suppressing the thoughts back then. But they had kept returning. He had thought he could run away from it all, by spending so much time at work. But that hadn't worked. He had worked hard to raise a God fearing family. He was a good husband to his wife, and he tried to be a good father to their daughter. He did his best with his tithes. He was charitable to those in need. He was...
'Pls stop deceiving yourself,' his conscience reprimanded him. 'You're a disgrace! Do you really think you can hide under these self righteous lies of yours? Now that your daughter is pregnant with your baby, what will you do? Is this how a father should love his daughter? You are a disgrace!'
Okodogbe shook his head vigorously. He could only hope his conscience would let him be. He was having a very bad Friday. Everything in and around him was suffering. He couldn't sleep well at night, his appetite had gone on holidays, his intellect was fried as well. He got up from his office chair and looked through the window, down at the afternoon traffic on Papa Via. He knew he had to do something, but he just didn't know what. His actions were already becoming suspicious. Cynthia his wife had been complaining that Ivie had stopped calling her. She wanted to know if she was still calling him. He had of course lied that she did, very often. Ivie was always closer to him than her mother. It was something they constantly joked about. Cynthia didn't mind. She felt daughters should be closer to their fathers. But she was a smart woman. And these past days she had been regarding him with concerned intermittent stares. He knew she would ask him what the matter was soon enough. For now, he just prayed he could live through the day. He needed to go to Ekpoma first thing tomorrow morning.
"So have you come up with anything yet?" Efe asked. He was with Ivie under the cashew tree in front of her hostel block. These afternoon meetings had become routine since they got back from Benin.
"Hmmmmm. You know na. My dear, I've been unable to think ooo." Ivie looked him in the eyes. "I simply cannot think about aborting this baby. But I cannot have it either. So what to do na? What will happen when my tummy starts bulging? Ehn? How long can I hide this from my mum? What do I tell my course mates?" Ivie looked at him with eyes filled with fear and uncertainty. "I am so finished this time. It's all my fault. How could I have let this continue. How? How?"
Efe was silent. She was blaming herself again. She's been doing that. He watched the rays of the sun form a flowery pattern on her face as she talked. She looked so much younger today than she actually was. She didn't have the kind of face that out rightly blew one's mind. Her beauty was almost not noticeable at a glance. It only became so whenever she smiled. Her lips would part in such a heavenly manner, revealing a tiny gap at the upper row of her front teeth.
"Stop staring at me jor." Ivie blushed. "I'm saying something serious. Come on!"
Efe smiled. "You've been saying this same thing over and over again. It seems you'll never make up your mind on what to do." He cleared his throat. "I've been thinking. The idea of giving birth to your dad's baby is repulsive even to me. But the idea of you taking pills and stuff like that for me is not easy to swallow either." Efe paused to catch his breath. "Do you maybe think I should take responsibility for the pregnancy?"
"You'll do no such thing," Ivie cut in.
"Please let me finish. If your mum gets to know about this, your family as you know it will be totally finished. Please let's save her the trouble. Let me take responsibility for the baby." Efe was serious about it.
Ivie was not comfortable with the news. She didn't like it one bit. She was now more confused that she'd ever been before. She couldn't make up her mind about anything. But she wouldn't let Efe do this. Her dad would have to man up and do something about this mess he made. It was his responsibility.Not Efe's.
Just then, a young lady walked up to them. "Are you Ivie Okodogbe?" She asked Ivie. Efe and Ivie nodded simultaneously.The young lady looked confused for a second. Then she smiled and said, "there's a man here to see you. He says he's your dad."
Ivie sat up at once. “My dad? Where? Why?" She looked at Efe, but the gaze he gave her suggested that he had no clue why her dad was here.
Re: Efe by collinometricx: 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
Efe
Chapter Six
"Please my daughter. Forgive me. I love you so much. You didn't even tell me you were pregnant. How could a father rape his own daughter? I am sick my child. I need help. Please don't push daddy away. Daddy never meant to hurt you. I don't even know how to apologise. I don't know what came over me. I know I've not been a good father to you. But please forgive me." Okodogbe knelt down inside the student's common room. They had come in here at Ivie's suggestion. Efe hovered around at the entrance to the room. It seemed he couldn't do anything but pace. There were tears in Okodogbe's eyes. He didn't care if the young students were looking at him. He just wanted to make things right with his daughter. He wanted to do things right. He knew he was in a big mess.
"Oh dad please stand up. Jeez! You've turned me to the center of attraction. Now everyone would think you're my sugar daddy or something." Ivie looked away from the sea of faces turned in her direction. She didn't even know what to say to her dad. She didn't love him any less. She wanted so much to. But she just couldn't. Her dad was a good person, deep down inside. But she didn't know how to place his dad's perverted desires. It was repulsive to her, and she hated him for it. But she loved him as well. "Dad, please, not like this. You can't just walk in here and expect me to forgive you." These days, her tears hung around, knowing that they'd be needed. They eased her smarting eyes. She blinked many times, trying to clear the salty water off her eyes. "Dad... Please go home! Please. If it's mom you're worried about, don't be. I won't tell her about this. She doesn't need to know it's you. She'd die of shock, and she'd never forgive you. Please... Dad... Just go-" Ivie turned and went to Efe by the door.
Efe had been watching the drama from a distance. He knew Ivie's dad was past saving. He also knew that Ivie was emotionally shattered. But he wanted her family to stay together. His own dad had died when he was barely five years old. He hadn't experienced what it meant to have a father as a kid. Growing up without a dad had been hell. He had been hoping that one day he'd get a wonderful father-in-law. Looking at this man, he couldn't tell if he was the kind of person he wanted for a father-in-law. A part of his heart went out to him though. It was painful enough to watch Ivie cry daily. Now it seemed he was going to have to witness more anguish from her dad as well.
"Can I speak with you?"
"Me?" Efe asked. He was clearly surprised that Ivie's dad wanted to speak to him. "Yes sir, of course. Baby, please gimme a sec. I'll just be over there with your dad."
Ivie nodded, looking away.
"Life is crazy my boy," Ivie's dad began. "I don't know you, but it seems my daughter respects you. She loves you very much. I can tell from the way she seems to totally hang on your words." The older man inhaled, and Efe noticed his eyes had watered. 'Please don't cry sir, please don't cry', a tiny voice whispered inside his head.
"Please help me. Help me beg my daughter. I need her to forgive me. This is all my fault. I've abused her so much. She doesn't deserve any of this. She deserves better. I know I'm guilty in the eyes of God and the law. I'm a criminal, yes! That's what I am. I must thank you for finding the courage to restore me to my sanity." The older man paused and looked over at his daughter. Ivie was looking at them from across the room.
"What's your name son?"
"Efe sir. Efe Omoruyi."
"Love my daughter with your heart. Don't hurt her like I did please. She deserves better. I will tell my wife what I've done. I deserve to be punished. I will tell her. I am very scared, and I don't know how she'll take it. But I will tell her. She deserves to know the truth. She deserves to know that her daughter could never have gotten pregnant outside wedlock. She deserves to know she brought her up right. Promise me you'd keep her safe, and promise me you'd not let her abort the baby. I'll find a way around this my boy. I love my wife and daughter and I don't know how this happened to me. But I'll take responsibility.I'll make sure she's safe and the baby as well. It will be a constant reminder of how much I failed my family. But I'll live with it." The older man brought out some money from his briefcase. "I'm not trying to buy your trust my boy. I won't do that. But you'd need this money. She won't take it from me. Please you don't have to tell her I gave you any money. Just use it anyhow you seem fit."
Efe stared at the money in disbelief. There were two bundles of new one thousand Naira notes. He couldn't take this money. "Oh no sir, please..."
Sir Okodogbe calmly left the bundles beside Efe and got up. He went towards the door of the common room and went past his daughter. He tried to say something to her but she took some steps backwards. She probably didn't want to hear anything from him anymore. He didn't blame her. He left the place in a hurry, got into his car and drove off
Re: Efe by collinometricx: 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2016
"Back through the years I go wondering once again-" Ivie picked up her phone, cutting the ring tone midway. It was some minutes before 10:pm. Who was calling her at this time? She rubbed the sleep off her eyes and looked closely at the name of the caller "dearest daddy?". She didn't want to talk to him. She thought she had made that clear. But her dad kept calling. At the fourth ring, she decided to take the call. "Hello dad, it's late na. Couldn't you wait till the morning?" Ivie asked.
There was silence at the other end. Then a crackling sound, like breaking twigs. Then a voice replied, "sorry, this is not your dad. I'm afraid he was involved in an accident. I'm the Corp Marshall of the Ehor division of the federal road safety. Your dad has been taken to the hospital..."
Ivie removed the phone from her ears. She was sure she was having a nightmare.
To be continued..
Re: Efe by Gracemoimoi(f): 9:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
nice one, more updates please
Re: Efe by zesh(m): 9:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
thanks for the updates...I'm honoured
Re: Efe by Gracemoimoi(f): 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
hi Collinometricx, pls I need updates on this interesting piece. thumbs up.
Re: Efe by collinometricx: 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
Workinq on it

Gracemoimoi:
hi Collinometricx, pls I need updates on this interesting piece. thumbs up.

(1) (Reply)

What Farafina Really Wants / History Of “ilu Aje” (the Land Of The Wizard) In Oyo State Part 1 / A Short Poem In Honour Of The Children's Day Pat Ashinze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.