Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? (2486 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by deji2009(m): 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2009
Just came across this and I have to say his right

How well do you try and get to know other Nigerians in the UK? Do you pretend you are from another country if you are approached by a Nigerian, if

so, Why. Have you ever had a bad experience trying to associate with other Nigerians. Why am I asking?

I met a Nigerian guy in Brighton who after about an hour finally admitted to being a Nigerian. Naturally I asked why he was in denial. Apparently, he

used to try and help our fellow brothers and sisters until he lost everything because a fellow Brother informed the authority about his status.

Source: http://www.nigeriansintheuk.co.uk/forum/index.php?f=8&t=5&rb_v=viewtopic

Deji Sunday
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by 2Legit2Qui: 10:59pm On Oct 10, 2009
stupid cargo
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by deji2009(m): 11:01pm On Oct 10, 2009
stupid cargo

How do you mean ?
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by 2Legit2Qui: 11:02pm On Oct 10, 2009
as in a cargo and stupid? u dont get it? deji, come on.
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by deji2009(m): 11:03pm On Oct 10, 2009
as in a cargo and stupid? u dont get it? deji, come on. Ok i get you now just to be sure that what you meant. smiley
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by posakosa(m): 11:04pm On Oct 10, 2009
@ OP, I travel a lot and it depends on where I am and who I am with. I normally don't claim to be Nigerian everywhere I go. One thing I am for sure is BLACK. smiley
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by 2Legit2Qui: 11:06pm On Oct 10, 2009
posakosa:

@ OP, I travel a lot and it depends on where I am and who I am with. I normally don't claim to be Nigerian everywhere I go. One thing I am for sure is BLACK.  smiley

OUR PEOPLE SAY, NA BASTARDS DEY USE LEFT HAND TO POINT TO HIM FATHER HOUSE.

WHY WILL ANYONE IN HIS/HER RIGHT SENSES DENY HIS COUNTRY? NO MATTER WHAT.
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by posakosa(m): 11:07pm On Oct 10, 2009
2Legit2Qui:

OUR PEOPLE SAY, NA BASTARDS DEY USE LEFT HAND TO POINT TO HIM FATHER HOUSE.

WHY WILL ANYONE IN HIS/HER RIGHT SENSES DENY HIS COUNTRY? NO MATTER WHAT.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I don't claim to be Nigerian everywhere I go.
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by Radiant(f): 1:58am On Oct 11, 2009
What a topic  shocked

I rmb once at Heathrow a guy looked at me and said "Honduras"? I'm like nahh. . .  grin

*sitting and watching*  grin grin grin
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by Nijasingh: 3:41am On Oct 11, 2009
Sure do, as they are most warm and friendliest people on earth. They do know how to enjoy life and are very cool about everything. They are also very proud of who they are.
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by bluespice(f): 3:47am On Oct 11, 2009
well, if i associate with every nigerian ive met?
no
do i claim to be nigerian every where i go?
no
y cos there are too many wierdos n creepy fellas out there

that said, i'll be spotted wearing my 'naija 4 life' tank on odd days
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by Gamine(f): 7:51am On Oct 11, 2009
Is it that you go looking for Nigerians or what?
undecided undecided
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by busybody20: 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2009
well, if i associate with every nigerian i meet in uk?
NO. i interract with them, but i do not develop a relationship (friendship)!

do i claim to be nigerian every where i go?
NO, i m an African!

sometimes when my oyinbo collegues ask where i am from. i tell them AFRICA grin grin grin
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by yme1(f): 3:45am On Oct 12, 2009
associating with other nigerians
nope, not all of them
do i claim to be nigerian everywhere i go
hell yeah, am always proud to be a nigerian kiss kiss
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by Outstrip(f): 5:01am On Oct 12, 2009
If it is just in general conversation and I am asked then I will say Nigeria. If it is for business I will not say Nigeria. Usually Nigeria and if they ask what part then I will say west Africa if they still insist then I will say Nigeria. I will never say another country though. I actually started to do the whole africa thing last year. Nigerians are not making it easier either. As far as associating with other Nigerians that just started recently when I moved and joined the RCCG in my area and so far it has been exactly as I feared it would be. Aside from my family and a few people I grew up with I just do not jive with most Nigerians in the US
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by posakosa(m): 6:08am On Oct 12, 2009
Outstrip:

If it is just in general conversation and I am asked then I will say Nigeria. If it is for business I will not say Nigeria. Usually Nigeria and if they ask what part then I will say west Africa if they still insist then I will say Nigeria. I will never say another country though. I actually started to do the whole africa thing last year. Nigerians are not making it easier either. As far as associating with other Nigerians that just started recently when I moved and joined the RCCG in my area and so far it has been exactly as I feared it would be. Aside from my family and a few people I grew up with I just do not jive with most Nigerians in the US

They're AMEBO is too mush/they're just too much wahala. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by Outstrip(f): 6:35am On Oct 12, 2009
posakosa:

They're AMEBO is too mush/they're just too much wahala. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

And a host of other things grin grin grin
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by posakosa(m): 6:43am On Oct 12, 2009
If u're really in the US. Stay away from James Bassey, he also goes to RCCG <he looks for young innocent women> to prey upon. He's a church devil in disguise. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by Outstrip(f): 6:46am On Oct 12, 2009
I am not innocent so I am safe grin . When I move to a different state I plan to worship in a more diverse church for sure.
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by posakosa(m): 6:49am On Oct 12, 2009
Outstrip:

I am not innocent so I am safe grin . When I move to a different state I plan to worship in a more diverse church for sure.

What does that mean ? u're not innocent ? undecided undecided undecided aaaah i c, yup I concur. More diverse churches work well and they have for me.

Well, he is always willing, ready, and able to phuck you as long as you give him money/or pay for his rent. Doesn't matter if u're married or if u have a BF.
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by Outstrip(f): 6:52am On Oct 12, 2009
ROTFLMAO. He will not bother me then. Me pay a man's bills. Ha. I laugh.
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by FMK(m): 6:54am On Oct 12, 2009
even  you deny to be nigerian    abroad  just one thing will identify what you are . is your  English( The Accent).
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by posakosa(m): 6:57am On Oct 12, 2009
FMK:

even  you deny to be nigerian    abroad  just one thing will identify what you are . is your  English( The Accent).

Honestly, I think this question is sorta stupid, because I think its obvious that you are Nigerian through your first or last name.

and plus, there are some Nigerians that don't have accents, I've travelled a lot and unless Im in Nigeria, with my family, or amongst Nigerians speaking in my Nigerian accent/dialect, aside from this, you can never know or determine that im Nigerian just be hearing me speak English/and if you catch me abroad.
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 12, 2009
What? Denied my country  shocked

I have never done such.

Some people here ask me. Are you american? I tell them NO.

I'm a Nigerian, from AFRICA!

I wonder why some people denied their country, no matter what  angry Rubbish

People will like you for who you are and how you present yourself.

If you like claim MANDINGO!! If dem no go like u, they won't  tongue

@OP

I do associate with Nigerians, if you got proper manners likewise other people.

N.B: Don't think you are hyping yourself by claiming another man's country, you ain't deceiving people but yourself
No matter what Nigerians has caused abroad, thou they might challenge you Nigerians are bad? and you tell them NO, not all Nigerians are bad, besides we have got good & bad ppl everywhere in respective of which country they come from

You should always be proud of your country and set an example. Oh I met one Nigerian, he/she is good. Not all are bad eggs!

So folks CHANGE for the better.

NAIJA FOR LIFE!!
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by 2Legit2Qui: 9:10am On Oct 12, 2009
FAAKAY

YOU HAVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE BOTTOM. GBWAM.
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by posakosa(m): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2009
@Faakay, I guess you should work around with a BIG SIGN on your forehead saying you are Nigeria, 

Read the question posed again:
Re:  Do You Associate With Other Nigerians?

The question doesn't say Do you Deny Nigeria ? It says do you ASSOCIATE WITH OTHER NIGERIANS ?
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by chiejik(f): 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2009
@ pasakosa
you need to be rebrand grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2009
well the issue is:

In Nigeria, you have no choice since 99% of the people you meet with daily are Nigerians.

When you go abroad, you do have a choice of socially interacting with only Nigerians or some other group.

Its up to you and I dont worry myself over other people's choices in this area.

Most Nigerians still stick with their comfort zone anyway so whats the problem.
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by Pittbaby(f): 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2009
most of my close friends are nigerians. I don't develop a relationship with all nigerians. no different from back home not every one is your friend. I don't go out of my way to deny being nigerian, tell you that I am nigerian, meet nigerians, or avoid nigerians. I just live my life
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by snowdrops(m): 7:48pm On Oct 12, 2009
I associate with nice well meaning people irrespective of their country of origin, race, colour, sex, age, educational/social status, etcetera etcetera. cool cool cool
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by mamagee6(f): 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2009
I don't associate with most Nigerians because they gossip too much. lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Associate With Other Nigerians? by Pittbaby(f): 9:18pm On Oct 12, 2009
LOL, I second you on that one Mama gee. the keys not letting them know you bizness. Naija people can seat down and analyze someone else's life. I only wish the passion dedicated to gossiping and backbiting was translated into work ethic

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Thrown Wedding Ring Into The Grave, Was It Wrong? / How Can I Forgive My Friend...please HELP / Please I’m Looking For Accommodation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.