Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,642 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With (3093 Views)

Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary / Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari / Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by devilmaycry: 2:44am On Sep 19, 2016
There is a saying that a notorious dog will
always pledge submission to its owner no
matter its state of madness. This may
correspond with this piece listing some
untouchable Nigerians in the current anti-
graft war.

Majority of Nigerians have come to understand
that within the confines of their country, the law
surely respects some people. These people are
part of the movers and shakers of the Nigerian
political scene.
The name ‘’Muhammadu Buhari” doesn’t send
these men running for their lives as it did for
some people. Prior to winning the election, a
whole lot of corrupt public officials went
scampering when they realized he was going to
win the election.
So far, the president has not ordered for their
interrogation or questioning by law
enforcement agencies regardless of whatever
wrong the populace has associated their names
with. Compiled here is a list of these five
people:

1.Chief Olusegun Obasanjo
Named as one of Nigeria’s strongest politician
ever, the Egba High Chief, and a former
president of Nigeria, is one of the country’s
‘’untouchable’’. Despite the fact that many
Nigerians and groups have called for his
probing, the former president has not been
invited by any law enforcement or anti-graft
agencies over any form of financial
misappropriation. Moreover, the EFCC which
was asked to interrogate him was seen by many
as a tool in his hands which he used to hound
his political opponents during his tenure.

2.Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Popularly known as The Jagaban of Borgu, the
two-term governor of Lagos State and national
leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC),
has been trailed with series of allegations
leveled against him. Many are of the belief that
he’s got some skeletons in his cupboard, but till
date, he has not been convicted of committing
any corrupt act. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is
the most powerful politician in Nigeria at the
moment and holds a legendary position in the
country and among the Yorubas in particular.

3. Rotimi Amaechi
He was a former governor of Rivers State, and is
presently Nigeria’s minister of transport. He is
one of Nigeria’s most rugged politicians and
also belongs to the country’s list of
“untouchables”. This is further aided by the fact
that he is a member of President Muhammadu
Buhari’s cabinet. During his screening at the
National Assembly which was postponed
several times as a result of series of corruption
allegations leveled against him in some quarters
in Rivers State, Amaechi publicly stated that he
had never collected a bribe in his life. Presently,
the former governor is one of the president’s
most trusted allies, and many believe that the
president cannot probe him because he spent
from his state’s purse to ensure that APC won
last year’s general election.

4. Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan
The former president remains unarguably one
of Nigeria’s most powerful politicians not
probed by the Muhammadu Buhari-led
administration. His administration was touted as
the most corrupt the country ever witnessed.
Under his watchful eyes, public officials
embezzled public fund, and to further make it
worse, the officials were not probed.
This led The Economist to label him as an
‘’ineffectual buffoon’’. It is however surprising
to many Nigerians that till date; the former
president has not been invited for questioning
by any of the anti-graft agencies. In fact, he has
been to the presidential villa thrice to put heads
together with the president on how to stop the
unrest in the Niger Delta region and how to
move the country forward in general.

5. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar
Former vice president, Atiku Abubakar also
belongs to the list of Nigerians who have not
been probed by the present administration. He
is one of the movers and shakers in the
Northern part of the country and holds a very
dignified position in the All Progressives
Congress (APC). He is alleged to be one of
those involved in the infamous Halliburton
scandal. Despite the allegations, it is believed
that the president holds him in dignified esteem,
and as such, cannot probe him. Do you agree with the list

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by devilmaycry: 2:45am On Sep 19, 2016

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by devilmaycry: 2:59am On Sep 19, 2016
Cc lalasticlala , mynd44
Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by UnclePati: 3:22am On Sep 19, 2016
This list is nonsense.
Y is my Name not there....?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by joe4real12: 3:49am On Sep 19, 2016
Am untouchable u know?
Why is Fashola's name missing. #100m for borehole grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 19, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by Gozzzy(m): 5:18am On Sep 19, 2016
the very day, fear go gree am near atiku, na the very day, wey him sojourn in his own northern region dey finish. But why is IBB's name missing there That's the most untouchable man in Nigeria alive.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by AnyibestDede(m): 5:25am On Sep 19, 2016
Left to pmb, he would hv probed gej and the only grace gej has now is doing that pmb ll be shooting himself on the footh. If not gej would hv been a GUNNER for long.
Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by Larryfest(m): 5:49am On Sep 19, 2016
If only these people and some you didn't even mentioned could be brought to book this country will progress but the truth is these people are actually the ones ruling and not the figure head you see on that seat....

1 Like

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by lonelydora: 5:50am On Sep 19, 2016
No matter what people say, PMB won't dare to touch GEJ or Amaechi.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by devilmaycry: 5:53am On Sep 19, 2016
Larryfest:
If only these people and some you didn't even mentioned could be brought to book this country will progress but the truth is these people are actually the ones ruling and not the figure head you see on that seat....
hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by devilmaycry: 5:54am On Sep 19, 2016
lonelydora:
truth

5 Likes

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by ArchitGreen(m): 5:55am On Sep 19, 2016
#true
Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by Izonpikin: 5:57am On Sep 19, 2016
AnyibestDede:
Left to pmb, he would hv probed gej and the only grace gej has now is doing that pmb ll be shooting himself on the footh. If not gej would hv been a GUNNER for long.
which actually makes pmb no better than his predecessors who couldn't fight corruption whole heartedly...

So why are even wasting our time with the anti corruption war.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by Izonpikin: 5:59am On Sep 19, 2016
lonelydora:
you know ameachi mouth na...The way ameachi go use expose them ehn pmb go take cover....I just dey wait for the day ameachi go fall out with some persons for apc...na that day them go know who ameachi be... cheesy

6 Likes

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by Aliyeous(m): 5:59am On Sep 19, 2016
4 now u ar ryt...
Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by lonelydora: 6:01am On Sep 19, 2016
Izonpikin:
you know ameachi mouth na...The way ameachi go use expose them ehn pmb go take cover....I just dey wait for the day ameachi go fall out with some persons for apc...na that day them go know who ameachi be... cheesy

Na that day APC go fall. He will open their can of worms that day. I just laugh whenever I hear my colleagues say, PMB will deal with Amaechi soon.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by ayemerbarth: 6:04am On Sep 19, 2016
Nobody is being probed. What I know the Govt does is to threaten anyone to refund money. Many ve done that in secret and their names were not heard. Apart 4rm those two, of which one is an arch enemy of the president and the other is arch enemy to Naija's unity.civil terrorist . Nobody has been jailed for corruption purpose.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by AnyibestDede(m): 6:06am On Sep 19, 2016
Izonpikin:
which actually makes pmb no better than his predecessors who couldn't fight corruption whole heartedly...

So why are even wasting our time with the anti corruption war.
There is nothing like a fight against corruption in Nigeria, pmb is just playing LUDO and WHOT with the minds of few people who believed him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 19, 2016
Why does Atiku look like the "Bose" in an action movie??
Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by Unimaginable123: 6:08am On Sep 19, 2016
Fashola nko?

1 Like

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by Izonpikin: 6:09am On Sep 19, 2016
lonelydora:

Na that day APC go fall. He will open their can of worms that day. I just laugh whenever I hear my colleagues say, PMB will deal with Amaechi soon.
him go just reel out all the iniquities of the party...ameachi is just a no go area...them go awaken the militant in that guy... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by Izonpikin: 6:10am On Sep 19, 2016
AnyibestDede:
There is nothing like a fight against corruption in Nigeria, pmb is just playing LUDO and WHOT with the minds of few people who believed him
grin grin grin

If only they knew...I am still surprised that many adults think buhari is fighting corruption... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by Ukalejohn(m): 6:10am On Sep 19, 2016
APC please face GEJ and leave our greatest comedian of all time(DAME) grin
Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by MAXIMAL123(m): 6:12am On Sep 19, 2016
The issue has not gotten to that stage that's Y you are talking like that, if the issue got to the stage they will all be forced to be probed Except EBORA OWU only, others can still be probed.
Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by AnyibestDede(m): 6:13am On Sep 19, 2016
Izonpikin:
grin grin grin

If only they knew...I am still surprised that many adults think buhari is fighting corruption... cheesy
They knew but are too ashame to say the truth

1 Like

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by Onogiede(m): 6:26am On Sep 19, 2016
Na this kind one my Edo elders always says I quote "no be eye when dem tak food dem take share meat ooh"..therefore buhari know his boundary

1 Like

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by Onogiede(m): 6:27am On Sep 19, 2016
Onogiede:
Na this kind one my Edo elders always says I quote "no be eye when dem tak chop food dem take share meat ooh"..therefore buhari know his boundary

1 Like

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by rabiuabd(m): 6:29am On Sep 19, 2016
Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by fadre5(m): 6:46am On Sep 19, 2016
OP, am not antagonizing your points... But fact be said here; you were supposed to carry out thorough reaearch before posting this... As an analyst, you are expected to come up with empirical fact because analysis of any kind is of empircal study...
About the people u listed above... Pls do me a favour; ready the Nigerian Constitution of 1999 section 308 sub section 1,2,3, as amended, inthere, u will find out that ex Presidoooos are immune to probe by the incoming administration!! That's the major reason OBJ wasn't probed and neither GEJ is gonna be probed..

I rest ma case; sips Burukutu!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 19, 2016
fadre5:
OP, am not antagonizing your points... But fact be said here; you were supposed to carry out thorough reaearch before posting this... As an analyst, you are expected to come up with empirical fact because analysis of any kind is of empircal study...
About the people u listed above... Pls do me a favour; ready the Nigerian Constitution of 1999 section 308 sub section 1,2,3, as amended, inthere, u will find out that ex Presidoooos are immune to probe by the incoming administration!! That's the major reason OBJ wasn't probed and neither GEJ is gonna be probed..

I rest ma case; sips Burukutu!!!

Does this make sense to you?
Re: 5 Untouchable Men In Nigeria That Buhari Anti-corruption War Can’t Battle With by donphilopus: 7:01am On Sep 19, 2016
Gozzzy:
the very day, fear go gree am near atiku, na the very day, wey him sojourn in his own northern region dey finish. But why is IBB's name missing there That's the most untouchable man in Nigeria alive.

Who's Atiku in Northern Politics? Atiku is not popular amongst the masses in the North. He plays elitist politics! Anyway, y'all said more than this when Dieziani Maduekwe had not been probed. You guys came her husband was very close to Buhari and if he dare tried to probe his wife, he would be dealt with by Maduekwe. When Buhari started, could Maduekwe do anything?

(1) (2) (Reply)

SE To Establish Cattle Ranches For Fulani. This Is Betrayal / Tambuwal Has Emerged As The PDP Preferred Candidate From Inner Caucus. / When GEJ Met With Chadian President Over Boko Haram And What El Rufai Said

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.