Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,844 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive (35356 Views)

What Coca-cola Does To Your Penis Will Shock You / Strange Things Ur Body Does That U Never Knew Were Defense Mechanisms(pictures) / 16 Bizarre Things Your Body Does While You Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by michoim(m): 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
I kind of disagree with point 7. Some people have fasted for 5 days and night and they died
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by entrepreneur07(m): 5:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
The human model design is still ongoing, we are still at the simulation/testing stage.
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by martyns303(m): 5:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
What do u do if someone copies ur article on NL and post it on his blog?
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by greatgbolla(m): 5:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
God is great! I love number 3
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by lumzybo: 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
1. The skin sheds about 30,000 to 50,000 skin cell, every single minute of your life. This mechanism is important in getting rid of dead skin cells and harmful organisms on the surface of the skin. Note that only the eyes does not shed. Shed skin are quickly replaced

I think this is the best and appropriate answer for this undecided

Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Sanchez01: 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
RobinHez:
Yes God designed it, but Science is giving us in-depth analysis of it...

I don't think there should be any fuzz about the whole thing.
Scientists say there is no God and that the whole world is as a result of chemical imbalance or reactions, or whatever they propounded to satisfy their vague minds. However, we know this is God at work and man is a projection of the awesomeness of God. Science, however, explains the acts of God, but never that of chemical reactions that resulted in the formation of the world and a man. Such a huge contradiction!

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by MrPresident1: 5:04pm On Sep 19, 2016
Number 2 is just amazing.
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by INXS: 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2016
I like the write-up, its very interesting and informative, but don't you think we should rather appreciate the Almighty God who created the magnificent body, to whom all glory is due?
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by RobinHez(m): 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
Sanchez01:

Scientists say there is no God and that the whole world is as a result of chemical imbalance or reactions, or whatever they propounded to satisfy their vague minds . However, we know this is God at work and man is a projection of the awesomeness of God. Science, however, explains the acts of God, but never that of chemical reactions that resulted in the formation of the world and a man. Such a huge contradiction!

The bolded is a statement that is entirely false in itself. Atheists, claim there is no God, unfortunately some Atheists are Scientists... That doesn't mean all Scientists believe in the non-existence of a supreme being.

Don't generalize.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by royalbeauty(f): 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
THANK GOD FOR CREATING THE BODY
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Sanchez01: 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2016
RobinHez:

The bolded is a statement that is entirely false in itself. Atheists, claim there is no God, unfortunately some Atheists are Scientists... That doesn't mean all Scientists believe in the non-existence of a supreme being.

Don't generalize.
Be that as it may, i didn't lump atheists and scientists together as one. Atheists and most scientists have a lot in common, and that is 'there is no God'. And yes, you're quite right. Some scientists do believe in God.
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 19, 2016
Yet some funny, misguided individuals will open the same mouth which functionality they can't even begin to fathom let alone explain and vomit utter folly, that it's one non-existent Big Bang that wrought all of these.
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Temitoppe(m): 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2016
ba7man:
.... And some people think all this happened by chance. undecided

u dey mind them. chance ko, community chest ni

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by solok: 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
cry
Caspian22:

Thanks, Lalasticlala Dominique Mynd44 Please kindly move this to front page

Where is this front page you are always hyping? I want to go there and see the junk or gems pasted there previously.
Also...who/what is Lalastilala? Human or robot? Of what use/relevance is s/he/it to Nairaland and Nairalanders?

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by MrsAnyanwu(f): 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
God is great
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by RobinHez(m): 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
Sanchez01:

Be that as it may, i didn't lump atheists and scientists together as one. Atheists and most scientists have a lot in common, and that is 'there is no God'. And yes, you're quite right. Some scientists do believe in God.

And yet again, I'll have to highlight your statement. I think a better statement to make is that, scientists are whole less religious than 'normal' people... And the reason is obvious.

BTW, I know a lot of Dumb people... Who 'claim to be atheists'.
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
I take great exception to no 5, the mind never forgets rather It stores information away in the subconsciousness. Now this information shapes your reality and forms your personality through a change mechanism called behaviour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by mark666: 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
This great and educative. But #10 pls. What else will act d function of a liver during d process of growing back in case of removal during surgery as u said.
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by 9jatatafo(m): 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
item number 2 is amazing. The healing power of the body as uniquely designed by GOD. My son of 3 years got part of the 4th finger on his left hand cut off by a very sharp object. The part that got cut off was from the base of the finger nail. I rushed him to the hospital for surgery so that the chopped off part could be reattached as I was so scared of my baby having short finger, doctor said I shoul go home and there was no need for unnecessary surgery. I went home so sad. Fast forward to today, the finger has grown to its original self. AMAZING! !!!!!
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by specco(m): 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
Caspian22:

www.youmustgethealthy.com/2016/07/10-amazing-things-body-those-to-keep-us.html?m=0

PLEASE DO NOT COPY THIS BLOG POST.

Awesome God. Where is that foolish atheist that says there's no God, the supreme intelligence that created all things. What other proof do some folks need?
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Emmylo14(m): 6:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
Nice one
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Emmylo14(m): 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
*7 COMMON WAYS TO BURN CALORIES DAILY*

Ways To Burn Calories And Live A Healthy Life.

Healthy living should b the concern of every living being who wants to live long.

This post helps in giving different ways calories can be burnt naturally.

If you can get to the gym every day and blast off 500 calories, then that’s awesome—but if you follow up a morning workout by sitting at a desk for eight hours, then you may not be too pleased with how long it takes you to start noticing weight falling off. 

Luckily, there are stealth ways you can turn up your calorie burn all day long. Lose more weight in less time with these expert tips.

1.  Rise and sweat

If you know you have limited time to get to the gym in the morning, set your alarm to go off 15 minutes early. 

“Do something first thing to get your metabolism stoked—try a circuit of the tried-and-true basics, like jumping jacks, push-ups, crunches and squats,” suggests Alo

http://caring4naija..com/2016/09/8-common-ways-to-burn-calories-daily.html
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Pelaiye2703(m): 6:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
Masha Allah....

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by olureignforever: 6:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
Caspian22:

Yes, It was created by an amazing GOD.

Amazing God that does Amazing things.
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by noucompact(m): 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
THANK THE MAKER OF THAT BODY,JEHOVAH,GOD,THE ALMIGHTY CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH.
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Interesting15: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
Lord God Jehovah Almighty you are great.
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Tedpgrass: 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
charix:
Number two is extremely amazing. So amazing I still find it hard to believe.

My thoughts exactly

What evidence supports your number 2 claim, op??
Please state the references.!!

Thanks
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Caspian22(m): 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
michoim:
I kind of disagree with point 7. Some people have fasted for 5 days and night and they died

There must have had a disability or sickness

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Caspian22(m): 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
Tedpgrass:

My thoughts exactly

What evidence supports your number 2 claim, op??
Please state the references.!!

Thanks

I think this will do

https://www.fightaging.org/archives/2011/11/fetal-stem-cells-can-repair-the-mother-during-pregnancy/
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Glaxx(m): 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
Jehovah is Great in Majesty. His works are wondrous in our eyes.
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Caspian22(m): 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2016
9jatatafo:
Iten number is amazing. The healing power of the body as uniquely designed by GOD. My son of 3 years got part of the 4th finger on his left hand cut off by a very sharp object. The part that got cut off was from the base of the finger nail. I rushed him to the hospital for surgery so that the chopped off part could be reattached as I was so scared of my baby having short finger, doctor said I shoul go home and there was no need for unnecessary surgery. I went home so sad. Fast forward to today, the finger has grown to its original self. AMAZING! !!!!!

Yes, I watched a documentary where someone regrew his crushed intestine. Then I was inspired to write this post. We are all wonderfully made.
Please visit my blog for more great info.
Re: 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive by Caspian22(m): 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
aaronson:
I take great exception to no 5, the mind never forgets rather It stores information away in the subconsciousness. Now this information shapes your reality and forms your personality through a change mechanism called behaviour.

Yes, you are right. But for the layman I would use the word forget.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!!!! Am I Losing My Sight?? / Ebola: Jim Iyke Flees Liberia / Lagos Cardiac Renal Facilities Pack Up(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.