Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

#shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! (3902 Views)

See What A New NYSC Member Wrote About Herself / 88-Year-Old Man Prepares For His Death, Dies A Day After Graduation (Photos) / Slay Queen Pops 100 Bottles Of Andre Wine On Her Body After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 19, 2016
So here I am! Between four years it took, I’m leaving Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma.

Where to from here? The answer to that question is as varied as the students who make up this year’s  Religious Management and Cultural Studies, graduating class.

Many of us know or claim to know exactly the next step to take, whether that step is to go for internship, a full­time job, or even a backpacking trip through Europe.  I am ready to join the workforce, educated and prepared. I am excited!.

The big thing about University is learning about yourself, and many of us will leave our majors with some vague idea of the job we’d like to get or business we’d like to start, but nothing more.

Whatever we decide, most of us will agree that Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, was a perfect place to foster our minds and bodies in this critical learning phase.

The same can be said of our wonderful university. I’m a totally different person than I was coming in as a freshman four years ago. I hope I’m also a better one. I’ve learned so much about —my field, my interests, myself, and so on—I feel like, were I to go back in time, my younger self wouldn’t even recognize me! I can only hope this passion for learning carries over. I suppose real­life experience will teach me a lot either way.

The biggest thing I learned—and again, is that we only get one trip around this rock, so we might as well enjoy it. You have to find a balance between work school and fun. “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” It’s not just a quote from a movie; it’s the truth. A well­rounded person is someone who knows a little bit about every topic his or her friends discuss, and an interesting person can take that info and have a conversation about it, even if his or her knowledge is lacking.

To everyone who touched my live, I say thank you. To my Mother and family member  who stood by me no matter what. To lecturers who tried to instill in me a passion for learning. To advisers who helped us decide what path to take. To friends who were there for weekend hang- out, parties, study sessions, and everything in between. And to all those others we depend on. Without you—without each other—there would be no purpose to being here, no way to advance. Life, like society, is exactly what we make of it. Thanks to all the loving, kind people I’ve met during my time in Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, my concerns about both life and society are much smaller. If even half the people I encounter after I leave here are anything like my Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma cohorts, I know I’ll have nothing to worry about.

And so,  I’m sure I will remember my school days—clearly for the rest of my life.

Sincerely, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you all.                                                                                                KELVIN EROMOSELE OMOIJADE.             Department of Religious Management and Cultural Studies.         Faculty of Arts.                                                                     Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma.                                   Class of 2016{Unlimited Blessings}

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by IkoloTheSage: 4:58am On Sep 20, 2016
Little wonder the country is where it is today.
What the Bleep is Religions Management?

3 Likes

Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by Thebrightest(m): 5:32am On Sep 20, 2016
Four years wasted studying trash. What a pity!

1 Like

Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by xpressTrade: 6:03am On Sep 20, 2016
chai nl and bad mouth

1 Like

Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 20, 2016
Congrats, wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 20, 2016
Best of luck Bro

1 Like

Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by jujunaty(m): 6:45am On Sep 20, 2016
Thebrightest:
i hope anything you have studied has acquired u 2 private jets. He might end up being better than you and your past generation. No one knows tomorrow. #HARDFACT

24 Likes

Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by falcon01: 7:05am On Sep 20, 2016
hmm
Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by Thebrightest(m): 7:08am On Sep 20, 2016
jujunaty:
i hope anything you have studied has acquired u 2 private jets. He might end up being better than you and your past generation. No one knows tomorrow. #HARDFACT
Hahaha! ok

1 Like

Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by RobinHez(m): 7:18am On Sep 20, 2016
The Op really sounds like someone who went through school... He sounds refined and honest. Wishing you the best...
smiley

And to these jambites.. undecided
IkoloTheSage:
Thebrightest:

I just hope when y'all leaving school, you would learn when/where to use the words '_fuck' and 'trash' :\

Smh...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by Snow5(m): 7:22am On Sep 20, 2016
Singing....

This world is not my home.. I am just passing by. tongue.

God abeg epp us we d graduate na... cry

We nor commit sin to land inside naija oo sad
Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by hUmaneOne: 7:24am On Sep 20, 2016
IkoloTheSage:

IkoloTheSage:

I'm sure you're too lazy to read his write-up. Part of what he said is that the university provides you with the gift of discovering yourself and brushing up your abilities.

I discovered myself in the university as well. That included learning about leadership, building my extracurriculars and making them a passion, having a wide connection ( You are as much worth as your connection), participating in volunteer work etc.

The university period is the last free time you have to spend before much is expected of you.

My point is,what you study isn't important .Your capabilities and connections are much more worth. This applies worldwide, except few fields like medicine, law and academia where you need specific degrees

3 Likes

Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by helovesme(f): 8:44am On Sep 20, 2016
IkoloTheSage:

The amusing thing is that the course he studied is not "religions" management but "religious" management.

Who on earth comes up with such courses? "Religious management and cultural studies"? undecided I am keen to see the course content/syllabus. Are the students taught to manage businesses/situations "religiously"?

Well, I guess people with such degree should aim towards a career in diplomacy and religion conflict management lipsrsealed
Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by xender(m): 8:55am On Sep 20, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by MicroBox: 9:34am On Sep 20, 2016
There are hundreds of scholarships on google for those interested in studying International Conflict Resolution....
OP your course is a great course and unique..
Jidenna (American-Nigerian born Musician) was studying Sound Engineering before switching to Ritualistic Art at Stanford University in 2008.
Ritualistic Art vs Religious Management and cultural studies :: Which will you prefer? It's high time people learn how not to condemn a course rather learn how to make best use of it.
Presently there is ongoing Recruitment at Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, so you that studied Engineering and OP who studied Religious Management and Culture who will have upper hand

1 Like

Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 20, 2016
i did not read the epistle, but i must to comment.
Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by Thobiy(m): 11:24am On Sep 20, 2016
Congrat op
Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by Goddygee(m): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2016
abeg i got this frm facebook, how tru is it...?
[b] The 469 members of the 8th national assembly have at least 2,570 aides, an investigation by NAN has revealed. Out of the number, 700 aides work for lawmakers in the senate, while the remaining 1,870 are engaged by house of representatives members. In addition to the regular aides, the principal officers of both chambers have special assistants, senior special assistants and special advisers of varying numbers. This category of aides, it was learnt,have a monthly salary of a minimum of N950,000 but was reduced to N400, 000 by the current management of the assembly. All the aides are paid from the coffers of the assembly. As provided in the national assembly act, each lawmaker, excluding principal officers, is entitled to five aides – one senior legislative aide, two legislative aides, a personal assistant and a secretary. It was discovered that in the provision, president of the senate is entitled to 45 aides, his deputy 30 and 20 each for principal officers. Similarly, speaker of the house of representatives has 35 assistants, deputy speaker 15 and 10 each for the six principal officers. The number of aides to each legislator, it was gathered, includes those in their constituency offices. The monthly emolument of the aides, which ranged from N150,000 to N250,000, sources close to the assembly said, has been reduced to between N75,000 and N180,000 by the current leadership of the assembly.[/b]
Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by jackie3B(f): 11:49am On Sep 20, 2016
Thebrightest:
ah ah...he studied it not u oooh...y d hating?

1 Like

Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by Thebrightest(m): 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
RobinHez:
The Op really sounds like someone who went through school... He sounds refined and honest. Wishing you the best...
smiley

And to these jambites.. undecided

I just hope when y'all leaving school, you would learn when/where to use the words '_fuck' and 'trash' :\

Smh...
For your information, i am a graduate.
Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by Thebrightest(m): 1:05pm On Sep 20, 2016
jackie3B:

ah ah...he studied it not u oooh...y d hating?
Courses like that should not even exist in the first place, because they are plainly irrelevant.
Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by Thebrightest(m): 1:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
Some persons just go to school and pick up cheap and unnecessary courses just to be called graduates. What amazes me is how the so-called graduate displays his irrelevant accomplishment shamelessly.
Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by RobinHez(m): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
Thebrightest:
For your information, i am a graduate.
Sorry... You didn't act like one... smiley
Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by SexyStrawberry(f): 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
So here I am! Between four years it took, I’m leaving Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma.

Where to from here? The answer to that question is as varied as the students who make up this year’s  Religious Management and Cultural Studies, graduating class.

Many of us know or claim to know exactly the next step to take, whether that step is to go for internship, a full­time job, or even a backpacking trip through Europe.  I am ready to join the workforce, educated and prepared. I am excited!.

The big thing about University is learning about yourself, and many of us will leave our majors with some vague idea of the job we’d like to get or business we’d like to start, but nothing more.

Whatever we decide, most of us will agree that Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, was a perfect place to foster our minds and bodies in this critical learning phase.

The same can be said of our wonderful university. I’m a totally different person than I was coming in as a freshman four years ago. I hope I’m also a better one. I’ve learned so much about —my field, my interests, myself, and so on—I feel like, were I to go back in time, my younger self wouldn’t even recognize me! I can only hope this passion for learning carries over. I suppose real­life experience will teach me a lot either way.

The biggest thing I learned—and again, is that we only get one trip around this rock, so we might as well enjoy it. You have to find a balance between work school and fun. “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” It’s not just a quote from a movie; it’s the truth. A well­rounded person is someone who knows a little bit about every topic his or her friends discuss, and an interesting person can take that info and have a conversation about it, even if his or her knowledge is lacking.

To everyone who touched my live, I say thank you. To my Mother and family member  who stood by me no matter what. To lecturers who tried to instill in me a passion for learning. To advisers who helped us decide what path to take. To friends who were there for weekend hang- out, parties, study sessions, and everything in between. And to all those others we depend on. Without you—without each other—there would be no purpose to being here, no way to advance. Life, like society, is exactly what we make of it. Thanks to all the loving, kind people I’ve met during my time in Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, my concerns about both life and society are much smaller. If even half the people I encounter after I leave here are anything like my Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma cohorts, I know I’ll have nothing to worry about.

And so,  I’m sure I will remember my school days—clearly for the rest of my life.

Sincerely, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you all.                                                                                                KELVIN EROMOSELE OMOIJADE.             Department of Religious Management and Cultural Studies.         Faculty of Arts.                                                                     Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma.                                   Class of 2016{Unlimited Blessings}

Awwwwwww he's so so so so so cuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!!
Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by G12(m): 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nobody, may God transform you to "somebody".

I rep AAU
Re: #shocking: See What AAU Graduate Wrote About Himself After Graduation! by chukxie(m): 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
From the young man's write up, it is crystal clear he has truly gone through a university. His grammar was precise, T's crossed and I's dotted. The same can not be said of some graduates that can not string two simple sentences together. Congratulations, young man. May favour smile on you in all your endeavours.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News About Delta State University / Unilag Admission List For 2012/2013 Session / NIPR, Public Relations Lecture Center In Lagos...enter Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.