Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Full-time Internet Entrepreneurs, What Do You Say To This - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Full-time Internet Entrepreneurs, What Do You Say To This (423 Views)

Can You Say Blogging Has Made You Live The Kind Of Life You Always Dreamed Of? / 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger / Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full-time Internet Entrepreneurs, What Do You Say To This by achieverme(m): 3:12am On Sep 20, 2016
I am baffled about this and I need your opinion/suggestion.

If you are a full-time internet entrepreneur, it is possible you spend many hours at home; you would probably be glued to your computer, while other men go to their conventional 8 to 4 jobs.

There is risk of neighbours seeing you as a jobless man or someone with questionable way of life, since they may not understand why you should be at home while everyone else is at work.

Consequently, neighbours may report your "suspicious" activites to the police/ civil defence corp.

If police/civil defence (guguru defence grin) now arrest/question you, what will you tell them is your job description? Or how will you defend yourself? Please, I need your suggestion.
Re: Full-time Internet Entrepreneurs, What Do You Say To This by joe4real12: 5:04am On Sep 20, 2016
In the first place don't laugh with neighbors. Don't answer any busy body who might want to question you as if he/she is a friend. Mind your own business and let your body language say: everybody should respect himself/herself.
That's the only way you can avoid unnecessary embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Full-time Internet Entrepreneurs, What Do You Say To This by bedfordng(m): 10:04am On Sep 20, 2016
achieverme:
I am baffled about this and I need your opinion/suggestion.

If you are a full-time internet entrepreneur, it is possible you spend many hours at home; you would probably be glued to your computer, while other men go to their conventional 8 to 4 jobs.

There is risk of neighbours seeing you as a jobless man or someone with questionable way of life, since they may not understand why you should be at home while everyone else is at work.

Consequently, neighbours may report your "suspicious" activites to the police/ civil defence corp.

If police/civil defence (guguru defence grin) now arrest/question you, what will you tell them is your job description? Or how will you defend yourself? Please, I need your suggestion.
simply tell them you are a web developer and internet expert. this is why its advisable to rent a shop and use it as your office.this way you tend to even get more people to come by your office for business, meetings, verification, one on one teaching etc. now a days people tends to know if you have an office before doing business with you. also, for security reasons, you wouldn't want to use your house as a teaching spot, meeting spot etc
Re: Full-time Internet Entrepreneurs, What Do You Say To This by Ben1975(m): 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
Don't concern yourself with the opinions of busy bodies

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss other people. If your neighbours are talking about you behind your back dont let that disturb you.

Focus on building your online business diligently, do all the things that most people wont now so you can live a life that most people cant.

(1) (Reply)

98 Days Before The End Of 2016 - Have You Met Your Financial Goals Yet? / The Best Free Webhosting Ever For Webmasters / Get Your Own Currency Trading Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.