Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Help !irregular Poopoo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help !irregular Poopoo (1483 Views)

For Those Who Have Irregular Complexion In Your Face / Causes Of Irregular Menstrual Periods / Irregular Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help !irregular Poopoo by bigspif(m): 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2006
PEOPLE,
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVICE ME ON HOW TO SOLVE PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH IRREGULAR STOOLING, CONSTIPATION AND STOMACH UPSET. IS TAKING BREAD AND OTHER CARBOHYDRATES UNHEALTHY, WHAT DRUGS CAN BE USED FOR ULCER.
I KNOW SOMEBODY WILL ADVICE TO GO SEE A DOC, BUT I HAVE AND THE SOLUTIONS DO NOT NOT ALWAYS LAST. IN GENERAL I FIND IT HARD TO POOPOO. I NEED HELP
Re: Help !irregular Poopoo by jaybaby(f): 7:11pm On Dec 20, 2006
After takin d Drugs-Drink plenty of Water- then wait 4 d MAGIC wink
Re: Help !irregular Poopoo by PTBNaija(f): 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2007
To start off, I would recommend that you take drugs as a last resort only. I'm not really a fan of taking drugs because you don't always know the consequences of them down the road. Now one drug is safe and 10 years later some study comes along talking about all of these side-effects that people didn't know about before.

Another thing that I will say is that too much bread is bad for you, especially white bread. White bread contains almost no nutritional value and generally lacks fiber. So eat white breads or other processed foods in moderation or just not at all.

You also want to increase the amount of fiber in your diet by eating foods that are fiber rich. Things like:
[list]
[li]1. Beans. Think three-bean salad, bean burritos, chili, soup.[/li]

[li]2. Whole grains. That means whole-wheat bread, pasta, etc.[/li]

[li]3. Brown rice. White rice doesn't offer much fiber.[/li]

[li]4. Popcorn. It's a great source of fiber.[/li]

[li]5. Nuts. Almonds, pecans, and walnuts have more fiber than other nuts.[/li]

[li]6. Baked potato with skin. It's the skin that's important here.[/li]

[li]7. Berries. All those seeds, plus the skin, give great fiber to any berry.[/li]

[li]8. Bran cereal. Actually, any cereal that has 5 grams of fiber or more in a serving counts as high fiber.[/li]

[li]9. Oatmeal. Whether its microwaved or stove-cooked, oatmeal is good fiber.[/li]

[li]10. Vegetables. The crunchier, the better.[/li]

[/list]

That list was taken from: http://onhealth.webmd.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56737

Oh and high fiber cereals. Things with bran, fiber, or wheat in the name (like wheat chex, or wheat total) are probably your best bets.

You don't have to sacrifice Nigerian foods either . . . maybe you could eat more of the soup and less of the fufu. Just try to get more fruits and vegetables into your diet. And like jaybaby said, drink water. Water is the key to cleansing your system out. Another thing is, drink orange juice. I don't know if it's proven or anything, but my mom is adament about how orange juice helps you go to the bathroom. So if we buy pizza at my house, she always buys orange juice as well. She also thinks that okra hleps you go to the bathroom. But I'm also going to add spicy peppers . . . so if you're eating yam, and you eat it with palm oil, onions, and peppers . . . you will have to go lol.

Hope that works for you.
Re: Help !irregular Poopoo by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2007
Bros.some of d foods u mentiond are nt in nijah o!hw practical wil it be? Smtimes i wonda wen sm ppl complain of sm thngs.He said he hardly poo-poos!i hv friends who do it at wil immediately food hits their stomach.but then,it shows fm wt u eat.carbohydrate.my friends take mre than enof beans in 1 day.again,i mst say dat ur system is QUITE unique in dat my frnds stil throw gases even wen they take carbohydrate! CONCLUSION:God is great and highly creative!
Re: Help !irregular Poopoo by cyberangel(m): 1:32am On Jan 29, 2007
First i need to know the frequency and consistency of your stool. Many people do not know that anywhere between 3 times a day to 3 times a week is o.k. if your frequency is there no problem. also, i need a general idea of your diet. monitor what you eat for 48 hours and let me know.
Re: Help !irregular Poopoo by bigspif(m): 10:04am On Feb 02, 2007
@ Cyberangel Thanks for your concern, i sometimes go 2 days without downlaod, but the 3rd day usually comes with strong headache. Atimes its a bit difficult when its coming out cos a certain growth always covers the passage and usualy takes time b4 i make it.
My diet is usually tea and bread/egg for breakfast, rice/spagheti for lunch, yam, tuwo or pottage as dinner. I do take fruits with my dinner usually pawpaw, melon or oranges. I sometimes take fries, moimoi or pap as breakfast on weekends.

@PTNnaija thanks with that diet list i will try and get what is available in Naija and suppliment.

I try drinking water usually 1 glass with my food. Pls feel free to ask additional question which im willing to answer.

(1) (Reply)

Here's To The Ladies Who Pump / I Am Looking For Cure / OAUTHC Records Success In Total, Minimal Access Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.