Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey (27596 Views)

From Romeo To Alex Hunter!tomiwa Edun Covers Guardian Life Magazine / FIFA 17: THE JOURNEY (my Alex Hunter Story) / Nigeria National Team Added On D New Fifa17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by alade112(m): 8:03am On Sep 20, 2016
Adetomiwa Edun gives his voice and face to the player “Alex Hunter” in the new FIFA17 The Journey story mode play.

Who is Alex Hunter?

Alex Hunter is a 17-year-old multiracial male from Clapham,London . Hunter's grandfather is former English striker Jim Hunter (20 goals in the 1966–67 season). Under his grandfather's guidance, Hunter has decided to play as a footballer in the Premier League the Journey.
The game will feature a new single-player story campaign mode titled The Journey for PS4, Xbox One and Windows where players assume the role of Alex Hunter, a young footballer trying to make his mark in the Premier League . The player will be able to select one of 20 Premier League clubs to play for at the beginning of the season. The player can play any position including goalkeeper. The story mode also features a dialogue wheel , similar to the Mass Effect series.
Hunter, a character inspired by the likes of Raheem Sterling and Andros Townsend, is thrust into the first team and finds himself in the same dressing room as superstar footballers.
At a recent hands-on event, I got to play this scene. In the demo provided by EA, Hunter had signed for Manchester United. We see him and close friend Gareth Walker, who has also signed for Man Utd, looking agog at their names on their shirts in the dressing room. They're proud, excited and scared.

Adetomiwa Edun is a British, Nigerian and Ghanaian actor best known for his roles as Sir Elyan in the television show Merlin and Alex Hunter in the football videogame FIFA 17 .

Early life

Edun was born in Lagos , Nigeria, to a Nigerian father and a half-Ghanaian , half- English mother. Edun moved to the United Kingdom at the age of 11. He attended Eton College from the age of 13, before reading Classics at Christ's College, Cambridge (University of Cambridge ). In his final year at Christ's College, he won the dissertation prize for his thesis on Homer's Odyssey . His father, a financier , encouraged Edun to enter
banking as a career, and he interned with Citigroup . He considered studying for a Master of Philosophy degree, but decided to attend the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) instead.
Career
In 2000, Edun appeared at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival , as the character Clifford in the show Kassandra by Ivo Stourton . Edun attended RADA, appearing in several productions and graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in Acting in 2008. Following his graduation from RADA, he played small parts in productions at the
Almeida Theatre and the Liverpool Playhouse .He also played
Macbeth in a production of the eponymous play by the National Theatre, earning praise for being "charismatic" and a "fine verse speaker". In 2009, Edun became only the second black actor to play Romeo at the Globe Theatre when he was cast in Dominic Dromgoole 's production of Romeo and Juliet. He also appeared in Slaves , a play by Rex Obano .
Edun has also appeared in several television shows. In 2009, he appeared in an episode of The Fixer , before a role in Law & Order: as a soldier returning from the war in Afghanistan . During
series three of Merlin, Edun appeared as Elyan in three episodes, and was upgraded to a recurring character in series four . Elyan was killed off during the fifth and final series of Merlin in 2012. In 2011, he appeared in two episodes of The Hour as the character Sey, and reprised the role for three episodes in 2012.
In FIFA 17 , Edun assisted the role of the fictional Alex Hunter as part of The Journey, a brand new story-based game mode introduced for this installment.

The Journey's story won't just take place on the pitch of course. Just like a real football career, you'll be part of all of the elements of Alex Hunter's career from panicking in his bedroom back at his Grandpa's house to travelling on private jets and seeing his name on the back of a shirt for the first time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adetomiwa_Edun

http://adetomiwaedunfan.tumblr.com

http://fifa17news.com/fifa-17-story-mode-what-we-know-so-far-about-the-journey-so-far/

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/fifa/feature/a796263/fifa-17-is-getting-a-story-mode-and-heres-why/

Videos

FIFA 17 - The Journey - Official Trailer - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9LHzVEPodg

The Making of the journey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDrORSiPddk

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by villareal15(m): 8:09am On Sep 20, 2016
Nice one bro. I can't wait to play FIFA17.

My Swype keyboard now types Lalasticlala with ease smiley

Now playing track: Lukas Graham-Mama Said(on repeat) cool

Sent from my aging iPhone 6s(soon to be iPhone 7 plus, jet black color) cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 20, 2016
Talented nigga .i hail you
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by alade112(m): 9:14am On Sep 20, 2016
Lalasticlala Fp plz.
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by Proffdada: 9:43am On Sep 20, 2016
If na boob's and snakes, Lalasticlala go don use alacrity move this thread grin

Modified **
This English girl looks like igbo but sings in Yoruba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UXb8qiAhCI

15 Likes

Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by FunkyMetahuman: 12:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
I like that dude

Especially in Merlin

Omo yoruba atata

19 Likes

Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by tunjijones(m): 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
No be this guy be Gwen brother for Merlin series?

1 Like

Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by aridude(m): 12:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
Joor o.. ...who e epp
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by Holamide222(f): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2016
smiley

1 Like

Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by muller101(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
Bigots. Food is ready o
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by AreTheyBitches(m): 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2016
villareal15:

nice track

1 Like

Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by Suspect33(m): 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2016
Afonjas taking over, FIFA17 on PS3 is whack, PES ati take over grin

2 Likes

Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by Suljosh: 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
tunjijones:
yes! Gwen my crush.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by Olukokosir(m): 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
Ok
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by Mrfrodo: 12:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
K
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by seunny4lif(m): 12:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
Im only here to check name grin grin grin grin grin

Omo wa ni jooooor
Carry go grin grin grin grin

Ondo Office grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by henrydadon(m): 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
grin

yoruba people when they find out his name his

Adetomiwa Edun

[img]http://i./4uPjyGbLJMOxa.gif[/img]

27 Likes

Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by Samtoby(m): 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
I have see that the guy is familiar but I always think it's familiar to a guy from Marlin.. Guess I'm right.

Anyways nice digging OP, but come to think of it, A game topic made it to front page.. Shocking
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by bayinq25(m): 1:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
ti o ba n se oro oogun oloro....aje pe omo Yoruba ni eni naa...kare omo oodua!

1 Like

Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by rozayx5(m): 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
Suljosh:
yes! Gwen my crush.

gwen cute sha. natural beauty smiley
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2016
Good one
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by Kenneth10110(m): 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nice one Edun can't wait to play FIFA17 on PS4. Read also Mikel blast team mate John Terry http://www.soccertrivia24.com/2016/09/mikel-fires-back-at-terry.html
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by psalmmy2020: 1:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
villareal15:

grin grin grin grin grin[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] is alright
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by ibroh22(m): 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2016
ok
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by timilehing(m): 1:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
The guy featured in Merlin as Sir Elyan (Gwen's junior brother)
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by ichommy(m): 1:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
tunjijones:

Yes, Its him.
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by JeffreyJames(m): 1:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
Can't wait to get my hands on this!!
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by Fryzi(m): 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
Merlin.... Elyan!
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by Sylvarresta(m): 1:56pm On Sep 20, 2016
g
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by hakinze00(m): 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nah him dey Merlin too na,Gwen's Brother...
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by oluwafreshkid(m): 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2016
Wow!!! PS4 is expensive, I'd have loved to get one just cos of this game.

The story feel like this season film "Survivor's Remorse"

Same story of a rising Basketball Star... and his life off the pitch. If you think you're gonna love this one, then go checkout the movie too.
Re: Adetomiwa Edun Featured As Alex Hunter In FIFA17 The Journey by Amastermovic(m): 2:26pm On Sep 20, 2016
Read this trending literature story
FORGIVENESS MAY COST EPISODE 1-12
http://naijalane.com.ng/2016/09/10/synopsis-forgiveness-may-cost-2/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Clash Of Clans Town Hall Defense Strategy Level2,3,4,5 / Playing 'Winning Eleven' Online / What's The Most Challenging Game You've Ever Played?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.