Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,458 members, 7,843,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? (2965 Views)

What Do You Think Fayose Means By Calling Igbo Guinea Pig? / Why Fayose Is Not Among Governors Visiting Buhari - Presidency / Fayose Is Hopelessly Confused, Needs Prayers, Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by Godemcee(m): 11:36am On Sep 20, 2016
brightology3:
may God help your sense of reasoning, because you've really lost it
dat fool u quoting is a fulani guy that's how they reason.wicked set of people that support murder

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by mikki123(m): 11:38am On Sep 20, 2016
Court jailed him nor Fayose
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by oginineme(f): 11:45am On Sep 20, 2016
Please who the eff are you?
Mobileman829:
I dont think what he is doing is right, imagine if Northern states should also pass a bill about illegal trading and arresting Igbos in the North, or Northern states making mechanic workshops in some arrears illegal and thereby arresting many Yorubas. I believe that irrespective of the little discomfort that the Fulani Herdsman have caused, it is not enough to strangle the legitimate business of a particular region, remember that the cows that these herdsmen rear are also used to feed the entire Southern Nigeria. So @OP i totally disagree with you in all honesty. Thank you and God bless Nigeria.
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by Folksyharry(m): 12:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
I don't know what the NASS and FG are waiting for. They should introduce ranching and ban nomadic farming. Don't they see the civilised way other countries are rearing animals? Must they let this result to a crisis they can not control before they take proactive actions? I FULLY SUPPORT FAYOSE ON THIS ONE. That guy trying to rationalise the acts of the Fulani herdsmen should gerrarahia.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by mofeact: 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
fayose is not the court,the state passed that law to secure lifes and properties in the state.
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by Adminisher: 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
Pierocash:
i av neva been on d same page with Fayose on any issue,bt on this one i support him,i feel d 2 yrs is small,they should make it ten yrs.

Fayose did not jail this guy. Ekiti state law jailed him for vandalization of private property. Young people on Nairaland should wake up their intellect and be matured in reasoning. This law applies indifferently if it was a Yoruba farmer who committed the crime or Ibo trader.
I definitely don't think he was jailed for being a herdsman

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by Blue3k(m): 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
Yes the court right for jailing them on charges of destruction of property, theft, and trespassing.

No They can't retroactively charge him with law that didn't exist. If the did he should appeal and get out of prison. That would be mistrial I think. Then he can go to jail on correct charges.

He needs to face justice but it must be on correct charges. More Local and state governments should enforce laws and protect citezens from these vandals. Either by high fines or imprisonment them.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by Unimaginable123: 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
oginineme:
The news that Governor Fayose passed a bill making illegal grazing a criminal offense came as shock to many, personally i think it is good to take measure against these attacks since the Federal government does not give a damn.
So yesterday i saw the news on palmchat that the state government just sentenced a herdsman to 2 years imprisonment for illegal grazing. I still believe that his case will be appealed and the FG will use its might to get him out of bail just like the case of Ese. But i want to hear from us, do you think Fayose's law is out of serious concern for his state safety or is it political. Thanks for your replies.
what do you mean by illegal grazing?
the guy intentionally took cows to a farmer's farmland and the cows ate up the entire crops. and was taken to court, and the court found him guilty and sentenced him appropriately.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by Unimaginable123: 2:56pm On Sep 20, 2016
Mobileman829:
I dont think what he is doing is right, imagine if Northern states should also pass a bill about illegal trading and arresting Igbos in the North, or Northern states making mechanic workshops in some arrears illegal and thereby arresting many Yorubas. I believe that irrespective of the little discomfort that the Fulani Herdsman have caused, it is not enough to strangle the legitimate business of a particular region, remember that the cows that these herdsmen rear are also used to feed the entire Southern Nigeria. So @OP i totally disagree with you in all honesty. Thank you and God bless Nigeria.
what exactly is illegal trading? or illegal mechanic? are herdsmen supposed to take their cattle to people's farms and eat up all the crops?

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by Unimaginable123: 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
Mobileman829:
And after that what next? I can bet you that that man will not smell prison, a state law is irrelevant to a federal one. If the grazing bill is successfully passed that will make Fayose's law null and void grin
he was not jailed on grazing law. he was jailed for intentionally taking cows to someone's farm to eat up the farmer's crops
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by akpanbaba: 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
Mobileman829
Your posting is useless.How many lives have Igbo traders and Yoruba mechanics terminated in the course of their business..You must be a Fulani Herdsman
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by joyandfaith: 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
Mobileman829:
Tell me you have not eaten beef before or even suya then i will list all the benefits that these herdsman bring to us, am not in support of their extreme activities though

red meat is not good for your health. eat fish, chicken, goat,sea foods etc.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by kenny987(f): 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
Mobileman829:

Your problem is lack of comprehension. No one has banned grazing. Also note that this new law was passed only last month while this convict had been in court since February. He was tried and sentenced on the ground of trespass and wilful destruction of property. That is not 'little discomfort' as u claim. That amounts to breaching one's privacy and security as well as wiping out one's source of income.

Another problem u have is ignorance. They rear cattle but no one is required to put up with their nuisance cos they do not rear and distribute cattle or beef for free. I will also have u know that lots of people have long given up beef because of health implications and personal choice so no, they do not 'feed the entire south'. They are business men and must therefore abide by the rules of healthy business regulations and conduct.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by kenny987(f): 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2016
Mobileman829:
And after that what next? I can bet you that that man will not smell prison, a state law is irrelevant to a federal one. If the grazing bill is successfully passed that will make Fayose's law null and void grin

The grazing bill, obnoxious as it is does not purport to apportion cultivated farmlands for cattle grazing. It cannot also negate d crime of and punishment for trespassing and destruction of private property which d herdsman is guilty of. Get an education please!
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by kenny987(f): 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2016
Mobileman829:
Am not in support of some of the acts of these herdsmen, but are you aware that majority of these herdsmen are going about their legitimate business? A state signing a law criminalizing grazing when the FG is just on its way to make it free and accessible is wrong!! The state is still under the FG.

Grazing was not criminalised but regulated. Must they roam about? What happens to modern ranching which even ensures higher yield? Other developed countries that even export beef, do u hear of them driving cattle from pillar to post, invading farmlands or killing people?

Furthermore, d herdsman was not tried under the law that was passed just last month, he was tried and convicted under a long existing law which criminalises destruction of personal property.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by DeWorlex45(m): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
Just 2wks ago, in Ondo state, i saw dis herdsman wit his cattles on anoda man's maize farmland while d owner of d farm was nt around. I so much pity d owner of d farm because wat i saw wit my eyes right in d act is really nt fair & cruelsome. Nothin was remain in d whole expanse of d farmland. So d Ekiti state law is perfect & how i wish other govnor shuld follow suite, esp BENUE & ENUGU.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by Blue3k(m): 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
DeWorlex45:
Just 2wks ago, in Ondo state, i saw dis herdsman wit his cattles on anoda man's maize farmland while d owner of d farm was nt around. I so much pity d owner of d farm because wat i saw wit my eyes right in d act is really nt fair & cruelsome. Nothin was remain in d whole expanse of d farmland. So d Ekiti state law is perfect & how i wish other govnor shuld follow suite, esp BENUE & ENUGU.

Did you at least call the police for him since he wasn't around? Take a video with smart phone and submit it to police so the have something to arrest the guy on.
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by Lightening: 9:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
Mobileman829:

I pray that Fulani herdsmen will visit your location with that same " little discomfort" this night. How insensitive and wicked? Go to Agatu or Enugu and utter this gibberish and get instant mob action.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by Lightening: 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
Mobileman829:

And never ever will the grazing bill be passed. It was dead on arrival.
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by legendarystar: 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
Mobileman829:

I wonder if u have brains just an empty skull in that head...... go for prayers biko

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by attackgat: 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
oginineme:
The news that Governor Fayose passed a bill making illegal grazing a criminal offense came as shock to many, personally i think it is good to take measure against these attacks since the Federal government does not give a damn.
So yesterday i saw the news on palmchat that the state government just sentenced a herdsman to 2 years imprisonment for illegal grazing. I still believe that his case will be appealed and the FG will use its might to get him out of bail just like the case of Ese. But i want to hear from us, do you think Fayose's law is out of serious concern for his state safety or is it political. Thanks for your replies.

The Herdsmans case was in court before the grazing law was passed. It should also be known that the herdsman was not jailed for grazing, but damaging farmland which is a criminal offence. When someone goes and destroys another persons property, wether with cattle or not, it is a criminal act.
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by ComrdDRS: 11:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
noblezone:

Bros, grazing was never the problem.
but grazing in someone's farm and killing him if he protests is a serious crime.

Benue and Enugu are reaping the consequence of having cowards as their governors.

Why are you speaking as if you are a visitor to Nigeria?

Tell me, what brought about the Ekiti law?

Bros, the man jailed was grazing in someone's farm for goodness sake.

enough please.
. Pls, don't mind the bloody suckers he is one of them.
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by Adminisher: 3:28am On Sep 21, 2016
Pierocash:

BANDING MECHANIC WORKSHOP IN THE NORTH IS TO PLUNGE THE REGION INTO UNTOLD HARDSHIP,THOSE BUSINESSES CONTRIBUTES IMMENSLY TO D GROWTH OF THEIR ECONOMY.
TEL ME,WHAT CONTRIBUTION AND DEVELOPMENT HAS NORMADIC COW REARING BROUGHT TO ANY REGION?IT'S ONLY DESTRUCTION OF FARMS AND LEAVING PEOPLE IN TEARS AND PAIN
I SUPPORT 10 YRS JAIL TERM FOR THEM

This ignorance. Rearing cattle is already 5% of GDP. Nigerias educational standard has fallen.
Please get an education, cattle herding is a legitimate business. More than 80% of cows in Nigeria are open grazed. More importantly , cattle open grazing cannot be stopped by any law in Nigeria, it can only be regulated. The man who was jailed committed vandalization of private property nothing more.
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by Pierocash(m): 5:08am On Sep 21, 2016
Adminisher:

This ignorance. Rearing cattle is already 5% of GDP. Nigerias educational standard has fallen.
Please get an education, cattle herding is a legitimate business. More than 80% of cows in Nigeria are open grazed. More importantly , cattle open grazing cannot be stopped by any law in Nigeria, it can only be regulated. The man who was jailed committed vandalization of private property nothing more.
U R RILLI SICK,WHAT IS D BORNE OF CONTENTIN HERE,DID ANYBODY TEL U THAT COW REARING DNT CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING TO D NATION'S GDP?
D QUESTION HERE IS,MUST IT BE NORMADIC?U SAID NIGERIA'S IS OPEN REARING?CNT WE ADOPT WHAT IS OBTAINABLE AND CONFORMS WIT INTERNATIONAL BEST PRACTICE.DNT THEY EAT BEEF IN CARLIFONIA,NY CITY,TORONTO,DUBAI,BERLIN ETC.DO THEY ROME ABT TO CONTRIBUTE TO THOSE NATION'S GDP?
U SAID REGULATE?WHAT IS GRAZING RESERVE FOR?IS IT NT TO CHECKMATE THEIR EXCESSES SO THEY DNT GO ABT DESTROYING PEOPLE'S FARM IN D NAME OF GRAZING.MUST NIGERIA KIP LIVING BACKWARD WHILE OTHER NATIONS KIP ADVANCING IN THEIR WAY OE DOING THINGS.U BETTER GROW UP AND EMBRACE CHANGE
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by orisa37: 5:19am On Sep 21, 2016
Fayiose is right. He is governing by The Rules of Law.
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by AntiWailer: 5:53am On Sep 21, 2016
Mobileman829:
Are you seriously comparing a state(Ekiti) with countries like China? Please what did you smoke this morning?

They can be dt dumb to prove points ooo.
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by xxgig(m): 7:16am On Sep 21, 2016
GeeOh:
A court in the state not d state governor sentenced him,i think u should also ask what right has china,korea and co to sentence nigerians found with drugs to death!?
THE OP IS UP TO SOMETHING, A COURT CONVICT A MAN AND HE'S HERE SAYING ITS FAYOSE.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by durangokid: 7:45am On Sep 21, 2016
Mobileman829:
Are you seriously comparing a state(Ekiti) with countries like China? Please what did you smoke this morning?
I assure you ten years imprisonment if you dare carry your cow to ekiti , instead of you advising your brother not to destroy peoples farm you are here talking gibberish

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by DabuIIIT: 7:47am On Sep 21, 2016
Certain states are abuja/buhari/fg target states like enugu and ekiti is one of the main targets...so fayose and ekiti are being wise and cautious...otherwise fulani would've turned ekiti into something else..
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by durangokid: 7:58am On Sep 21, 2016
Lightening:

I pray that Fulani herdsmen will visit your location with that same " little discomfort" this night. How insensitive and wicked? Go to Agatu or Enugu and utter this gibberish and get instant mob action.
. The guy I Fulani and I suspect he is among those cattle owners who direct herdsmen to go down south to destroy peoples farms
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by cktheluckyman: 8:16am On Sep 21, 2016
kenny987:

The grazing bill, obnoxious as it is does not purport to apportion cultivated farmlands for cattle grazing. It cannot also negate d crime of and punishment for trespassing and destruction of private property which d herdsman is guilty of. Get an education please!
Don't mind the fool, come and pass the grazing bill let's see
Re: Do You Think Fayose Is Right By Jailing a Herdsman In Ekiti? by shaibu123: 9:06am On Sep 21, 2016
noblezone:

Bros, grazing was never the problem.
but grazing in someone's farm and killing him if he protests is a serious crime.

Benue and Enugu are reaping the consequence of having cowards as their governors.

Why are you speaking as if you are a visitor to Nigeria?

Tell me, what brought about the Ekiti law?

Bros, the man jailed was grazing in someone's farm for goodness sake.

enough please.
May you live long

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trending Now: President Zuma’ S Statue Destroyed In Imo — Imo Youths / How Do U Send A 'buba Galadima' To Talk On TV With Festus Keyamo ... How ???? / Details As Aregbesola Insists Son Kabiru Must Be Gov Oyetola’s Chief Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.