Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

HELP! Dell Optiplex 780 Desktop Randomly Shutsdown - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HELP! Dell Optiplex 780 Desktop Randomly Shutsdown (1484 Views)

Fix Your Computer For A Token - Know Prices +more Laptop /desktop/notebook / Core I3 Or Core I5 Computer Desktop Needed / Desktop Pc Hard Disk, Samsung Cd-rw/dvd And Two Units Of Ddr4 Ram For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HELP! Dell Optiplex 780 Desktop Randomly Shutsdown by tgmservice: 10:13am On Sep 20, 2016
The company where i work have a dell desktop 780 optiplex on xp recently the computer keeps rebooting on the windows xp loading screen then i formatted to windows 7 now it randomly shuts down after some hours of usage. But the funny thing is that it doesn't really shut down it acts like its on sleep mode i.e the power button light still stays on, dvd drive still operates, fan still rolls every thing is like its working but it never comes back on.
It is not the monitor cause at that point i tested it with a second monitor and nothing comes up until i do do a hard restart that is i unplug the power cord.
I have also formatted the PC again and is still the same.
Please help i need to get this PC working
Re: HELP! Dell Optiplex 780 Desktop Randomly Shutsdown by klasys(m): 12:05am On Sep 26, 2016
First of all get a good stabilizer to boost the voltage of the power supply as Dell desktop required constant 220VAC with no fluctuation.

If the problem persist after you are sure that you don't have low voltage in your place, follow the step below

Disasseble your PC and check the wire that go from mother board to Power button. There must be a short circuit on one of the front panel button I.e, check all the from panel pressing button you will see that some are constantly or parmernently touch/pressed.

Use screw driver to widen the space between the front case button & pannel button

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! My HP Compaq Laptop Gave Me An Electrical Shock. / Elitebook 500gig HD, 4gig Rom, Fingerprint Sensor For Sale / Is Your Computer Slow? Here Are 5 Ways To Make It Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.