Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Who Should Take Care Of The Mother And The Newly Born Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Take Care Of The Mother And The Newly Born Baby (652 Views)

Mother And Her 2 Teenage Twin Daughters Pregnant For One Man (photos) / Father Bathes His New Born Baby: "My Wife Needs Rest" (Photos) / Laye Ajube, The Mother Of The 10 Children Whose Photo Went Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Take Care Of The Mother And The Newly Born Baby by timpaul664(m): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2016
Who should take care of the mother and the newly born baby...the husband mother or the wife mother?
Re: Who Should Take Care Of The Mother And The Newly Born Baby by delishpot: 10:53am On Sep 20, 2016
Wife's mom Na. If your wife is not comfortable with her mom, then she can decide to pick husband's mom. Its the wife's choice whom she feels comfortable with. Child birth can be very demanding from a new mom, she needs someone who can lovingly guide her along. So, let her decide whom as he is comfortable with.
Re: Who Should Take Care Of The Mother And The Newly Born Baby by Ngozi123(f): 10:59am On Sep 20, 2016
I don't know about other cultures but in Igbo culture, it's the new mother's mother or an older female relation of hers that looks after her and the baby.
Re: Who Should Take Care Of The Mother And The Newly Born Baby by SirVintageCock: 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
A team comprising of but not limited to a
Paediatrician
Paediatric Nurse
Neonatal Nurse
Neontologists
Nanny
Cook
Cleaner etc will do.

Thank me later
Re: Who Should Take Care Of The Mother And The Newly Born Baby by oyomii(f): 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
In Nigeria we usually insist it's the ladies mum but I don't think it's restricted to her. Bt the basic idea is that it shl'd b someone she's comfortable with. so she doesn't get worked up instead of being taken care of.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Take Care Of The Mother And The Newly Born Baby by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 20, 2016
Any one who gives birth should be ready to take care of such child themselves. I ain't allowing any in laws in my home.

(1) (Reply)

How To Enjoy Your Marriage without the Issue Of Unfaithfullness / 6 Important Lessons To Teach Your Kids / Corporate Barber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.