Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,444 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

The Nigerian Citizen Volume 1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Citizen Volume 1 (507 Views)

Which Nigerian Citizen(s) Signed The 1914 Amalgamation? / Ten Reasons Why Kachikwu Should Resign Now - Nigerian Citizen / Ebelechukwu Obiano Wins Award In Atlanta, Becomes Honorary Citizen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Citizen Volume 1 by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 20, 2016
I do not know if a country called Nigeria will exist in the next ten years, but know this as it stands now we are still NIGERIAN CITIZENS and in the knowledge of that, I dedicate this to every good citizen of Nigeria who has broken the chains of mental slavery with which he or she was chained right from birth with.
We do not just need new leaders in our country we need a new pattern of thinking, a new pattern of thinking that makes a good citizen understand that the Yoruba man who lives close to you is not your enemy, the Igbo man who owns a large shop were electronics are sold is not your enemy neither is the Urhrobo-Isoko woman who sells Garri isn’t your enemy .Your enemy is that politician who has refused to use the same road you use ,your enemy is that religious leader that tells you to forsake the benefits of these world for a mythical heaven that he has not seen nor visited ,your enemy is that politician who sends his daughter to study abroad not in your university, your enemy Is that lecturer that refuses to grade your daughter’s score card(result) properly because she refused to sleep with him and lastly your enemy is you (yourself)that has refused to take responsibility for your actions as a human being and as a citizen of your country.
We need a new thinking pattern that unites us, we need to put away old fables and myths such as blood money rituals, witchcrafts and superstitions etc .Just imagine the western world you are thinking of running to have no such useless beliefs and that is what makes them great.
These were the words of Robert Ingersoll concerning superstition;
‘‘Superstition is the serpent that crawls and hisses in every Eden and fastens its poisonous fangs in the hearts of men. It is the deadliest foe of the human race. Superstition is a beggar—a robber, a tyrant. Science is a benefactor. Superstition sheds blood. Science sheds light. ‘’
We need a new thinking pattern that ‘’God’’ if he exists rewards the hardworking man not the lazy and prayerful man who prays all day and does nothing else.
Whatsoever problems we face today in NIGERIA, is as a result of what we brought upon ourselves as a people we fight our saviors meant to save us; foolishly have we fought against them, all because they chose not to tow the same part as the rest of us which leads to superstition, ignorance, unnecessary ethnic bigotry, over-religious attitude and improper use of the brains.
http://justhinkingh..com.ng/2016/09/the-nigerian-citizen-volume-1.html

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Citizen Volume 1 by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 20, 2016
cc:hahn,seun,plaetton,joseph1013,johnydon22
Re: The Nigerian Citizen Volume 1 by hahn(m): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2016
I dey come grin
Re: The Nigerian Citizen Volume 1 by plaetton: 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2016
I concur
Re: The Nigerian Citizen Volume 1 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2016
plaetton:
I concur
plaetton baba so you have finally graced my thread after all this while abi,,,oya make i pop champagne for you grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Citizen Volume 1 by plaetton: 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2016
stephenmorris:
plaetton baba so you have finally graced my thread after all this while abi,,,oya make i pop champagne for you grin grin grin

grin
Re: The Nigerian Citizen Volume 1 by realtem(m): 9:41am On Sep 21, 2016
smiley smiley smiley
Re: The Nigerian Citizen Volume 1 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
realtem:
smiley smiley smiley
wetin happn lol
Re: The Nigerian Citizen Volume 1 by realtem(m): 11:05am On Sep 26, 2016
stephenmorris:
wetin happn lol
Nothing, just found your piece interesting.
Nice one.
Re: The Nigerian Citizen Volume 1 by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 26, 2016
realtem:

Nothing, just found your piece interesting.

Nice one.
thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

Blackouts, Violence And Now Recession: Nigeria’s Troubles Mount - Bloomberg / ICIJ New Leak Reveals Bahamas Offshore Secret:abba Abacha Included / APC Primary: Oke, Boroffice, Abraham Reject Affirmation Of Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.