Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Plagiarism In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Plagiarism In The Bible? (10226 Views)

Contradictions Or Plagiarism In New Testament Records? / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! / Plagiarism In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plagiarism In The Bible? by wolesmile(m): 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2016
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider." - Francis Bacon.

This is not about the popular John 1:1 which the writer of the Gospel of John failed to credit the original writer of those words, Phyllo of Alexandria.

This is about two "divinely inspired" writers of two books of the Bible.

1. The book of Isiah.
The book of Isiah was written, as agreed by Bible scholars, by the prophet Isiah. They also agreed that it was written somewhere between 740 and 680 BC. Isiah was a great Jewish prophet in his time, and many of his prophecies are still subjects of debate till date.

2. The book of Kings
A general agreement is that the author of I and II Kings is unknown. But some Bible scholars believe the books to have been written by the prophet Jeremiah around 562 or 561 BC.

No doubt, both books were written about two centuries apart.
But check the whole of Isiah chapter 37, and the whole of II Kings chapter 19!!!

Were both chapters written through inspiration?
Or one author copied the work of the other? (By inspiration, some will say)
Or that it was an error of compilation?

OLAADEGBU
Truthman2012
Malvisguy
Winner01
King_Ebuka
Anunaki
and the others... please explain o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by economia: 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
wolesmile:
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider." - Francis Bacon.

This is not about the popular John 1:1 which the writer of the Gospel of John failed to credit the original writer of those words, Phyllo of Alexandria.

1. The book of Isiah.
The book of Isiah was written, as agreed by Bible scholars, by the prophet Isiah. They also agreed that it was written somewhere between 740 and 680 BC. Isiah was a great Jewish prophet in his time, and many of his prophecies are still subjects of debate till date.

2. The book of Kings
A general agreement is that the author of I and II Kings is unknown. But some Bible scholars believe the books to have been written by the prophet Jeremiah around 562 or 561 BC.

But check the whole of Isiah chapter 37, and the whole of II Kings chapter 19!!!

OLAADEGBU
Truthman2012
Malvisguy
Winner01
King_Ebuka
Anunaki
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26pm On Sep 20, 2016
wolesmile:

1. The book of Isiah.

2. The book of Kings

OLAADEGBU
Truthman2012
Malvisguy
Winner01
King_Ebuka
Anunaki

Ask the Holy Spirit who is the author. smiley

1 Like

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by sekundosekundo: 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2016
wolesmile:

1. The book of Isiah.

2. The book of Kings

OLAADEGBU
Truthman2012
Malvisguy
Winner01
King_Ebuka
Anunaki

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by ifenes(m): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Can you ask and tell us the answer you got from the holy spirit?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
ifenes:

Can you ask and tell us the answer you got from the holy spirit?

Do you believe He exists? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by ifenes(m): 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Are you dodging the question I asked you?

1 Like

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
ifenes:

Are you dodging the question I asked you?

Why should I entertain your question if you don't believe in His existence? undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by ifenes(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Why should I entertain your question if you don't believe in His existence? undecided

You suggested the OP should ask the holy spirit. Then I suggested you ask the holy spirit yourself and tell us the answer. Don't derail the thread. There is nothing wrong in saying you don't know.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by butterfly88(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

please bro kindly answer the question...consult the holy spirit and give us his reply

2 Likes

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by wolesmile(m): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Is this all you can say? What if I come up with other thousand and one controversial mixups and contradictions?

4 Likes

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by Godwin2016: 12:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
God the Holy Spirit inspired men to write the Bible. The attack on Christianity is a waste of time OP. Jesus is here to stay

1 Like

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by wolesmile(m): 1:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
So the holy spirit inspired a writer to go copy, word for word, comma for comma, and full stop for full stop, the work of another.

2 Likes

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2016
In the case of the Book of Isaiah, it has long been postulated that it is not the writings of a single author, there is talk of a Deutero-Isaiah or a “second Isaiah” who wrote of events that took place long after the supposed life-span of the prophet Isaiah from the standpoint of a living witness as evidenced by events alluded to in the latter chapters of the book.

What is more, writings in the Old Testament were generally homogenous, particularly the Book of Kings, likely compiled by courtiers and priests during the reign of one of the lesser kings of Israel, relied on the traditions passed on to them. We should also keep in mind that material was often juxtaposed between books, receivers rarely knew for a fact where one book ended and another began.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by wolesmile(m): 1:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
Sarassin:
In the case of the Book of Isaiah, it has long been postulated that it is not the writings of a single author, there is talk of a Deutero-Isaiah or a “second Isaiah” who wrote of events that took place long after the supposed life-span of the prophet Isaiah from the standpoint of a living witness as evidenced by events alluded to in the latter chapters of the book.

What is more, writings in the Old Testament were generally homogenous, particularly the Book of Kings, likely compiled by courtiers and priests during the reign of one of the lesser kings of Israel, relied on the traditions passed on to them. We should also keep in mind that material was often juxtaposed between books, receivers rarely knew for a fact where one book ended and another began.

How interesting!!!
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
wolesmile:

1. The book of Isiah.

2. The book of Kings

OLAADEGBU
Truthman2012
Malvisguy
Winner01
King_Ebuka
Anunaki
If the Bible has only One Inspirer through many writers, whither the grounds for plagiarism?

And can you prove Philo wrote John 1:1? Rather we should ask Philo why he tried to steal a belief from his nativity (coining descriptions that also did not originate from him) and prostitute same for the cult he followed!
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by ifenes(m): 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
It is no doubt the bible severely plaguirized other books. For example, haven read the Egyptian book of the dead. Of which I will post some pages from book of the dead chapter 125 about negative confessions aka Ten Commandments. It is shocking to find similarities of perhaps stolen ideas from Egypt.

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by ifenes(m): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2016

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by adjoviomole(m): 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2016
This atheist are really funny sha grin grin . Why do u ppl like giving urself unnecessary headache. U don't believe God exist so stop disturbing us with all this meaningless questions na grin. Plagiarism or not it does not change the fact that God exist, no matter what you do or say you can't change our mind. Do something meaningful with ur life and don't spend ur entire life looking for faults is d bible and God a being u don't bliv exists.

The more u try to look for faults keep proving to me that, somewhere in ur heart u know he does exist but u don't want to bliv,so u encourage urself by digging up irrelevant things to disprove God of wich u are not sure of.

If you don't bliv in God,just liv ur life d way u want without giving a damn and liv the christians alone, simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
ifenes:
In vain do we find the faintest similarity between these and the Ten Commandments!
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by DoctorAlien(m): 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2016
Ifenes,

What is it about Christianity that leaves you so restless? Is it that you can't stay without talking about GOD and the Bible? What about GOD is disturbing you?

Are you really an atheist? Why are you 90% occupied with Christianity and the Bible?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by cckris: 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
[size=20pt]Can't they find relevance without joining themselves to the Bible?
[/size]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by ifenes(m): 2:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Ifenes,

What is it about Christianity that leaves you so restless? Is it that you can't stay without talking about GOD and the Bible? What about GOD is disturbing you?

Are you really an atheist? Why are you 90% occupied with Christianity and the Bible?

Because it's everywhere on the religious section.. If you run into me in real life I can guarantee you will not here mention one word of god.
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by ifenes(m): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
cckris:
[size=20pt]Can't they find relevance without joining themselves to the Bible?
[/size]

Nigerians talk about god a lot,so I adjust to that. You will hardly hear other race talk about god like you guys.What are you without god? It is fun for me so I'm doing this until I get bored of it.

1 Like

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by cckris: 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
ifenes:

Nigerians talk about god a lot,so I adjust to that. You will hardly hear other race talk about god like you guys.What are you without god? It is fun for me so I'm doing this until I get bored of it.
And bored, VERY BORED INDEED, you may get your wish.
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by DoctorAlien(m): 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2016
"Atheism is a funny attempt at being noticed by insulting and blaspheming GOD. It's similar to publicly denying that there is a president in your country." -DoctorAlien

"Atheists spend 90% of their time discussing GOD and the Bible. One must then ask: are they really atheists or are they theologians?" -DoctorAlien

3 Likes

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by ifenes(m): 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
cckris:

And bored, VERY BORED INDEED, you may get your wish.

There is nothing like hitting the gym,doing my business and engaging Christians on nairaland. It's fun
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by DoctorAlien(m): 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
ifenes:

Because it's everywhere on the religious section.. If you run into me in real life I can guarantee you will not here mention one word of god.

As an atheist, what are you doing in the religious section? Do you have anything to do with religion? Is atheism a religion?
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by ifenes(m): 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

As an atheist, what are you doing in the religious section? Do you have anything to do with religion? Is atheism a religion?

To me it is the best part of nairaland. I have no interest in other sections. I enjoy bursting christian bubbles. I see people being psychologically blackmailed with hell fire.

1 Like

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by DoctorAlien(m): 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
ifenes:

To me it is the best part of nairaland. I have no interest in other sections. I enjoy bursting christian bubbles

Well, Christianity has no bubbles which you can burst.

Confessing that religion is the best part of this forum betrays your claim to atheism. To further confess that you have no interest in anything apart from religion deals the coup de grace to your claim that you're an atheist. Aren't atheists supposed to be disinterested in religion?

1 Like

Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by lepasharon(f): 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

He doesnt, but you do.
Re: Plagiarism In The Bible? by cckris: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
ifenes:

To me it is the best part of nairaland. I have no interest in other sections. I enjoy bursting christian bubbles
[size=20pt]Stop over rating yourself.[/size]
[size=15pt]There's just no way you can 'Burst my bubble', I'm a Christian, happy contented Christian. Beyond your imagination.
[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How You Draw Close To God During This Lockdown / How Often Do Your Church Read Song Of Solomon? / Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.