Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Aisha Buhari In New York, Meets With US First Lady - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari In New York, Meets With US First Lady (680 Views)

President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) / President Buhari Arrives In Aso Rock, Meets With Wife, Ministers (Pics, Video) / Aisha Buhari's Interview With BBC Hausa (Full Text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Buhari In New York, Meets With US First Lady by Teewhy2: 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
The wife of Nigerian President, Hajia Aisha Buhari, on Monday evening met with the First Lady of the United States, FLOTUS, Michelle Obama, in New York, during the wife of the United States’ Broadway event to help educate girls.
On the sidelines of the 71st UN General Session, President Buhari will on Tuesday meet with his United States counterpart, Barrack Obama, as both countries have pending agreement over the sale of US military equipment, especially attack helicopters to fight the insurgents.

Recall that the Ekiti state governor, Ayo Fayose had challenged the wife of the President, Hajia Aisha Buhari, to prove her innocence in the Halliburton scandal by travelling to the United States

Speaking about the Broadway event, Mrs Obama said: “More than 62 million girls around the world are counting on us to be their voice. And I intend to continue speaking out on their behalf _ not just for the rest of my time as first lady but for the rest of my life. And I hope that you all will join me.”

The meeting included performances from the female-centric shows “The Color Purple,” “Waitress,” “Wicked” and “Beautiful: The Carole King Musical.”

“When people hear stories of girls who aren’t in school, they want to help. And as spouses of world leaders, so many of us here in this room have a platform that we can use to tell these stories and bring people together to take action for these girls. Because people will pick up the phone when we call,” the FLOTUS said.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/20/aisha-buhari-new-york-meets-us-first-lady/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari In New York, Meets With US First Lady by Teewhy2: 1:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
Waiting epic response from Fayose, but there is no big issue with this if truly she is the one involved the United States government will have made a statement concerning this.
I think our leaders instead of doing what they are elected for prefer to use irrelevant issues to take away our attention.
Re: Aisha Buhari In New York, Meets With US First Lady by Osezua: 1:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
Photoshop on display here.
Re: Aisha Buhari In New York, Meets With US First Lady by Teewhy2: 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2016
Osezua:
Photoshop on display here.
This is not Photoshop but pictures taken yesterday at the event
Re: Aisha Buhari In New York, Meets With US First Lady by coolitempa(f): 1:39pm On Sep 20, 2016
The Internet flatheaded warriors will not like this o..... grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari In New York, Meets With US First Lady by Osezua: 1:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
Teewhy2:

This is not Photoshop but pictures taken yesterday at the event

How about this?

Re: Aisha Buhari In New York, Meets With US First Lady by ican2020: 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
Different folks
Re: Aisha Buhari In New York, Meets With US First Lady by eljp(m): 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
Is Aisha dis short compare to Obama......

(1) (Reply)

How Oyegun Unilaterally Smuggled Akeredolu's Name Into INEC Today / Photos:oshiomhole, Obaseki And Their Wives Visits Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom / How Amaechi Indicted Himself Over Money Shared From Excess Crude Account (ECA).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.