Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

#AWExclusive: Getting Up Close & Personal with the CEO of OmoAlata (McPeppers) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / #AWExclusive: Getting Up Close & Personal with the CEO of OmoAlata (McPeppers) (688 Views)

Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) / Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors / How Sandra Iheuwa Became CEO Of 5 Companies (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#AWExclusive: Getting Up Close & Personal with the CEO of OmoAlata (McPeppers) by saints2(f): 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
Omo Alata is a Yoruba word which means pepper seller, some may call it the child of a pepper seller. (Omo means child, alata means pepper seller). This name caught my attention when I saw a business startup bearing Omo Alata, I have witnessed countless fight in my neighborhood when I was growing up just because his friend called him Omo Alata. I have this eagerness in me to meet the face behind the brand and Ms. Kasope Ladipo-Ajai VP (Operations) was gracious enough to grant my interview despite her busy schedule. Please read below..

Can we meet you please? My name is Kasope Ladipo-Ajai and I am a cofounder at OmoAlata. I am currently the VP Operations, responsible for daily activities of the business. I have a Bsc in Computer Science (Technology) and a PGd in Strategic business IT. I also have a diploma in Interior Design. I am currently studying at the Pan Atlantic University for a Certificate in Entrepreneurship Management

What is OmoAlata all about?
OmoAlata (McPeppers) is a Nigerian food service brand focused on the production and sale of hygienically processed and packaged local Nigerian soups, spices and peppers. Our entrant product OmoAlata peppermix is a smooth blend of farm fresh peppers, onions & tomatoes which has been parboiled and frozen in ready-to-use pouches. It comes in HOT, MILD & OFADA variants.

How do you get the OmoAlata Concept? OmoAlata is a derogatory Yoruba word, as some will actually want to have your head if you tell them such name, why did you use such?
Firstly, the word OmoAlata can be seen from different angles; to some it is derogatory to others it simply describes the everyday people on the streets of Nigeria trying to make a difference. We wanted a name that would appeal to everyone and still capture our objectives. It’s simple a pepper seller in Yoruba is literally called OmoAlata and that is who we are. We wanted a symbolic name to identify with someone who seeks to improve despite their origin/background. OmoAlata is a brand that is changing a culture (the culture of “Cooking is hardwork”) and our name needs to reflect a renewed way of seeing “the word”. We are not afraid of stepping out of the norm.

What makes your business different from the normal market woman that we buy from?
The market woman sells you the whole fruits. You need to combine, clean and blend yourself. OmoAlata has done all this for you to make cooking easy and convenient.

What has/have your challenge(s) so far in this business? In 2015, you won the She Leads Africa Entrepreneur Showcase, do you want to tell us about it?
Winning SLA Entrepreneurs pitch competition was a game changer for OmoAlata. First of all, it was validation for us that we were doing something right. It also helped bring the much needed limelight on our startup. Every startup understands the impact of good publicity on growth but usually cannot afford it.

In next 5-10 years’ time, where do you see OmoAlata?
Exporting to Europe and the USA becoming a globally recognized brand.

What do you want to be known for?
OmoAlata is a young, vibrant brand working hard to change perception. We want to dissect tradition, keep the positive aspects and improve the not so progressive. All our activities, business and social will always align with this.

You can visit www.omoalata.com to make your orders and they promised to deliver

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/09/awexclusive-getting-up-close-personal.html

Re: #AWExclusive: Getting Up Close & Personal with the CEO of OmoAlata (McPeppers) by saints2(f): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
Good thinking... Good product..

lalasticlala, pls..

(1) (Reply)

Inspiration 92.3, 100.5 And 105.9 In Lagos, Ibadan And Uyo / Distributors Wanted For Crandilla Cosmetic Products / How Time Flies, (god Bless The Good Old Days)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.