Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook (32579 Views)

9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You / 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device / Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by 3mmyz(m): 3:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
It's quite brief and very alerting to those of us that are very open to social media and aren't concerned or disturbed by what we share regularly.

I'm quite of an open person, but very streaked when it comes to guarding my space. I detest it when people rudely intrude my privacy without giving it a second thought, people should be given spaces and also create spaces for themselves to prevent outlookers (pokers).

I once shared a photo on this blog about Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg covering his cam and microphone jack with a tape!!! <Click to see >>http://gklited..co.id/2016/06/photo-of-facebook-mark-zuckerberg.html?m=1> that's should give you brain tickle on why you ought to guard your Info on Facebook by sharing non private data online.

The 5 Do nots For Facebook :

1. PHONE NUMBER OR E-mail:

If it's your mobile phone number, i see no reasons on why you should share your contacts on Facebook with the public.
Prank callers, stalkers, identity fakers, email spammers and contacts seekers could seek to exploit you with such advantage by doing all sorts of things to ridicule your social and personal circle.
If you love talking/mailing to friends on Facebook, try restricting your contact info to friends, school colleagues or only friends of friends, it will minimize vulnerability if your friends are somewhat trustworthy.

2. WORKPLACE:

Why on earth would you want to share your work information if you love privacy and fear Kidnappers. It's scary but they have been cases of people being kidnapped for letting their jobs life go public without proper caution. If it's not a Facebook Page don't share, except you're a public figure.
Next time you think of sharing your workplace, think again.

3. HOME ADDRESS:

No one would love surprise visits from unknown or untold guests, especially if you stay with your parents or otherwise.
I hate surprise visits and so would some of y'all, except sanguine ! To halt such visits, make sure you never share your home address(es) on Facebook except otherwise.
Who knows whether poachers are looking for who to visit!!! Don't be a victim.

4. RELATIONSHIP STATUS OR INTEREST :

If you're married or single, it should stay private, except you don't want poachers trying to sway you to their tune - try keeping it private.
If you are interested in Women or Men it should stay private, except you wanna get hooked up or do something like that.

5. YOUR BIRTHDAY

I actually mean the date like 1989... 1993... everyone loves good birthday wishes. If you don't like amebor analysts crawling your profile for your age information, make it private or restricted to your circle of friends, classmates and families who you trust.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by ring7(m): 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
OK oooo,I do. Hear
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by barnacle: 12:06am On Sep 21, 2016
rly love this
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by veekid(m): 6:43am On Sep 21, 2016
I concur
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by UnknownT: 6:44am On Sep 21, 2016
Nude(Seun's handwork) pictures lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by SlaughterGang: 6:44am On Sep 21, 2016
Your political affiliation, I am sure the apc zombies are regretting praising Bullhari all over their wall during the campaign, now it's a case of "Mumu miss Market"

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by VocalWalls: 6:44am On Sep 21, 2016
For real
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 21, 2016
I don't even do Facebook.

I have much better things to do like,

Programming and studying.

Maybe small WhatsApp chat and call sections with baes.

cool

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by jazinogold(m): 6:46am On Sep 21, 2016
Don't Share your girlfriend pic or details, one comment by her real Boi friend will make you realise you are an assistant boi friend

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by annnikky(f): 6:46am On Sep 21, 2016
Wat if d prsn put 03/10/1900 is it also wrong op ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by kaen1317: 6:47am On Sep 21, 2016
Infact your picture and that if your loved ones. Nigeria has become very dangerous and desperate

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by ayusco85(m): 6:47am On Sep 21, 2016
That's hw you know the smart ones and the dumb ones by the info they share on their profile.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by moscobabs(m): 6:48am On Sep 21, 2016
always switch off your GPRS while posting

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by osborn442(m): 6:49am On Sep 21, 2016
You have a point though...
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by kaen1317: 6:49am On Sep 21, 2016
Your location. People are fond of showing off when in a plane or when they travel abroad. It could be a cue for any criminal waiting for you to leave town

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Suxes(m): 6:50am On Sep 21, 2016
Demigods666:
I don't even do Facebook.
I have much better things to do like,
Programming and studying.
Maybe small WhatsApp chat and call sections with baes.

cool
Who ask you?

19 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Neimar: 6:50am On Sep 21, 2016
my profile pix on Fb...yu go fear

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by ORACLE1975(m): 6:50am On Sep 21, 2016
good one
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by adedayoa2(f): 6:50am On Sep 21, 2016
Thank God I didn't put any of that on my fb page
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by athorello(m): 6:50am On Sep 21, 2016
For me, no babe you share my pix with her on Facebook... Don't know why I should hide my age

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by RobinHez(m): 6:50am On Sep 21, 2016
... Then the aim of Facebook is defeated.. Hahaha

12 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by beautiful232(f): 6:51am On Sep 21, 2016
never share a guy pictures on you fb wall cause even if his just a friend
monitoring spirit of fb would carry the fake news around

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Handsomeemmy(m): 6:51am On Sep 21, 2016
Contentious Post, but some of the points raise are very important, I don share my phone Number/Email and House address on most social media.

Relationship status and work status are a bit contentious individual difference come into play.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by allanphash7(m): 6:51am On Sep 21, 2016
K
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by pharmadoctor(m): 6:51am On Sep 21, 2016
girls first be like
single
then, in a relazionzip
complicated
open relazunzip
complicated
single again
relazunzip
single again secondly
complicated
singles
engaged
then single
then open relationship
engaged
and Finally married
Before they finally realise that Facebook gangan is the cause of their ever changing relationship status.#fact

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 21, 2016
6. Posing pictures of your boo or bae everytime
I'm talking about girl/boyfriend o,becos if una break up,people go stat to dey ask u about dat guy/girl wey u dey post dia pix upandan your wall...oya EXPLAIN YOURSELF. grin

7. Posting about everything you do.
E.g the almighty after-sex photo.
Need i say more?

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by paulstrings(m): 6:54am On Sep 21, 2016
try to keep your personal life private

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Hdz4luv: 6:55am On Sep 21, 2016
Also is not ideal to expose ur gbewa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) / Which One Should I Go For Btw Techno And Infinix? / Nigerians Bad Mouth Injoo Phones On Their Facebook Page ( Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.