Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,258 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge (2453 Views)

"Nairaland" Logo Design Challenge(just For Fun) / January Edition - Ellae Graphic Design Challenge – Designers Arise Contest / How To Register For Autodesk 3D Model Design Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge by DrOladipo: 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
SPIRIT OF NIGERIA

1. Contest Description
Since its independence in 1960, Nigeria has grown to become a ‘giant’ force in Africa- this does not come as a surprise if one considers the size of the country’s population and economy. With a population of about 175 million people, it is the most populous country in Africa and the seventh most populous in Africa. The country is also notorious for its heterogeneity as it is the home of over 500 ethnic groups (with over 500 different languages) out of which Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba are the largest.
Nigeria outpaced South Africa to become the largest economy in Africa in 2014 and according to World Bank (2015), the country was ranked the 20th largest economy in the world worth more than $500 billion and $ 1 trillion in terms of nominal GDP and purchasing power parity respectively. However, 2016 has been an eventful one in the country as facts and figures show how the growth of the economy has plummeted.

Despite the current economic state of the country, Afridext is giving Nigerians a reason to celebrate the beauty, culture, creativity, ambience and dexterity of the country.
Therefore, as part of our commitment to the Nigerian project and to celebrate the 56th Independence Anniversary of Nigeria, we are calling for entries from designers and visual creatives under the theme ‘Spirit of Nigeria’. Submit any original design that best represents the theme and showcases the spirit of Independence. Entries can be graphic designs, pictures, drawings, illustrations or any other form of still image.

2. How to participate:
• Create an account at www.afridext.com
• Read and understand this brief
• Submit your entry on www.afridext.com with your username (Designs are automatically submitted on our Facebook fanpage @AfriDext)
• The top 10 entries will be shortlisted by Afridext
• Get your friends to vote for your design on our Facebook fanpage
• The top 3 winning entries will be decided based on the number of votes (on our Facebook page)

3. Requirements:
• You can only submit one entry
• Works done in groups have to be stated clearly
• The design must represent the theme ‘Spirit of Nigeria’
• All designs must be original; plagiarized designs will not be considered
• All unlicensed fonts and/or resources should be properly accredited if required
• Your name and the Afridext logo should be embedded at the bottom of your design (the logo can be saved directly from the site)
• Get your friends to vote for you
• Have fun!
PS: Winning designers may be asked to send their designs in the raw file format
4. Evaluation Criteria;
• 1st round- short-listing of 10 entries (to be decided by Afridext)
• Adherence to brief
• Originality
• Creativity and Aesthetics
• 2nd round- short-listing of 3 winning designs (through votes on our Facebook page)

5. Graphic Specs
• Minimum of 1000 x 1000 pixels with 72 dpi resolution
• RGB Colour space only
• .Jpeg , .png , .jpg formats only
• Max file size is 25mb

6. Rewards
• 1st Prize: N30,000
• 2nd Prize: N20,000
• 3rd Prize: N15,000

7. Submission Deadline
The contest runs from noon on 17th September, 2016 – 30th September, 2016 (12 noon).
The 10 shortlisted designs will be unveiled by 1 October, 2016. Only these 10 designs will make the 2ndround out of which the 3 winning designs will be decided by Afridext. The 3 winning designs will be unveiled by 9 October, 2016.

8. Winners
The top three winners will be announced on 9th of October, 2016; payments will be made via the Afridext website. The winning design (first prize) will be publicized on our social media platforms.

9. About Afridext.com
Afridext.com is a platform that allows customers to buy or sell high quality graphic designs that are relevant to the African market at preferred prices- these graphic designs can be used for Corporate Logo, Brochure, Business Card, Icon, T-shirt, Flyer to mention but a few.

1 Like

Re: Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge by DrOladipo: 7:52am On Sep 25, 2016
Dear creative Nairalanders, we are receiving your entries. If you have not submitted kindly endeavour to do so. #Celebrating9ja #Creativity, #DesignisBAE.
Re: Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge by DrOladipo: 11:59am On Sep 26, 2016
Entries rolling in! Cash prizes to be won....... creative designers join now!

Re: Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge by DrOladipo: 11:03am On Sep 27, 2016
Three days to go! Submit your entry today and stand a chance to win and be promoted!
Re: Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge by Excelboi(m): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2016
DrOladipo:
Three days to go! Submit your entry today and stand a chance to win and be promoted!
Are multiple submissions allowed from a particular contestant?

1 Like

Re: Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge by DrOladipo: 11:44am On Sep 27, 2016
Yes. Thanks.
Excelboi:
Are multiple submissions allowed from a particular contestant?
Re: Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge by femzysticks(m): 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2016
Good contest

But I don't like the method of selection

If I don't have many facebook friends or contact I obviously can't win...

I thought they'd be judges in-house to pick the best

#my_thought
Re: Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge by DrOladipo: 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
Thanks for sharing your objective opinion Femzy. The top designs will be selected based on standard criteria as itemized in the contest brief. We have updated our selection criteria and a team of experts led by the country's head of Graphics of Accenture will execute the judging process. We appreciate your efforts. Thanks
femzysticks:
Good contest

#my_thought

1 Like

Re: Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge by DrOladipo: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
Entry submission ends today.....hurry up you might be among the three creative winners. The clock is ticking......
Re: Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge by DrOladipo: 7:36am On Oct 01, 2016
We appreciate everybody that has participated in the "Spirit of Nigeria" contest. Our judges are set to do their part and you will be updated shortly.... remember everybody is a winner! Happy Independence celebration to all the creative minds!
Re: Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge by DrOladipo: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
The top 10 designs have been chosen through a thorough process as presided over by Mr. James, head of graphics of Accenture Nigeria. Kindly vote for the designs for the top three to emerge.

Re: Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge by Excelboi(m): 6:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
DrOladipo:
The top 10 designs have been chosen through a thorough process as presided over by Mr. James, head of graphics of Accenture Nigeria. Kindly vote for the designs for the top three to emerge.
Hello, according to the brief, you people mentioned that the top three winning designs will be selected by Afridext, now it's based on voting. As someone earlier said above, not everyone is active on facebook or other social network to solicit for votes. it shouldn't have been this way, the organization should have called considered that. My thought though!
Re: Win Cash Prizes: Nigeria @56 Graphic Design Challenge by willian10: 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2016
femzysticks:
Good contest

#my_thought
Bro, gimme ur contact pls, or u can just add me on WhatsApp, my contact is in my profile

(1) (Reply)

A 3D Lagos Slum Local Kitchen By Mark Eyesan / Calling All Nairaland Graphic Designers / Check Out These Unique Cartoonized Photos First Of Its Kind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.