Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,944 members, 7,852,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:43 PM

People Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Power (608 Views)

People Power Development- Twitter Conference / Okorocha’s Victory, People’s Power – Acn Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

People Power by timbuktu1: 11:16am On Oct 12, 2009
People Power

Yesterday, for the first time in a very long time I felt proud to be a Nigerian.

The reason for my pride was the conduct of residents of the federal capital Abuja with regards the national team's World Cup qualifier against the national team of Mozambique. They refused to turn up at the stadium, and for the first time ever, Nigeria's national team played a home game in front of an almost empty stadium.

The fans felt that the rubbish had gone on for too long and that enough was enough. For too long we had put up with rubbish coming from our sports officials about patriotism and the role of both players and fans in the build up to games, officials who only see our football as a cash cow to be milked to death,
Re: People Power by MrCrackles(m): 11:44am On Oct 12, 2009
Hahaha. . .
Super Noodles, Super Chickens! grin

(1) (Reply)

Inec Accepts Nomination After Deadline / Becomrich Creates "my Cousin Are Igbo" Yet My Thread Gets Moved To Tribal Sc!: D / Governors Can Defect To Other Parties, Court Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.