Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Angelina Jolie To Divorce Brad Pitt - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angelina Jolie To Divorce Brad Pitt (659 Views)

Girl Who "Had 50 Surgery To Look Like Angelina Jolie" Clears The Air / Sahar Tabar Undergoes 50 Surgeries To Look Like Angelina Jolie (Photos) / Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angelina Jolie To Divorce Brad Pitt by eddyline(m): 3:15am On Sep 21, 2016
Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce from Brad Pitt citing "irreconcilable differences", the actress's lawyer has confirmed.
Robert Offer said she filed for "dissolution of marriage" on Monday, adding the "decision was made for the health of the family".
"She will not be commenting, and asks that the family be given its privacy at this time," Offer added in a statement.
The couple have been together since 2004 but only married in August 2014.
Ms Jolie's longtime manager Geyser Kosinski told E! Online : "Angelina will always do what's in the best interest of taking care of her family."
It was Pitt's second marriage, having previously wed Friends star Jennifer Aniston, and Jolie's third after Billy Bob Thornton and Jonny Lee Miller.
According to US entertainment website TMZ , the divorce papers listed the date of separation as 15 September.
It is understood Jolie is seeking physical custody of the couple's six children and is asking the judge to give Pitt visitation rights.
The couple have six children together - Maddox, Pax, Zahara, who are adopted, and biological children Shiloh and twins Knox and Vivienne.
Pitt, 52, and Jolie, 41, married privately in the French hamlet of Correns in Provence in 2014.
Their children served as ring bearers at the wedding and helped illustrate Jolie's white dress with their drawings.
Marriage 'issues'
Jolie is well known for her charity work - she served as a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Refugee Agency for 11 years before becoming a Special Envoy in April 2012.
In 2013, she announced she had undergone a
double mastectomy to reduce her chances of getting breast cancer.
She wrote about the experience for the New York Times, saying that she made the choice after her doctor said she was highly at risk of developing breast cancer
"Once I knew that this was my reality, I decided to be proactive and to minimise the risk as much I could," she said.
Two years later, she had her ovaries and fallopian tubes removed as a preventative measure against cancer.
Last year, ahead of the release of By The Sea, the romantic drama the couple both star in, Jolie told The Telegraph : "Brad and I have our issues.
"We have fights and problems like any other couple. We have days when we drive each other absolutely mad and want space, but the problems in the movie aren't our specific problems."
Jolie will reportedly be represented by lawyer Laura Wasser, whose previous clients include Johnny Depp, Kim Kardashian, Stevie Wonder and Britney Spears..
www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37422843?SThisFB

1 Like

Re: Angelina Jolie To Divorce Brad Pitt by HtwoOw: 3:29am On Sep 21, 2016
Celebrity marriage is like Craze it comes and goes
Re: Angelina Jolie To Divorce Brad Pitt by emeijeh(m): 3:48am On Sep 21, 2016
Really?
Re: Angelina Jolie To Divorce Brad Pitt by Boleyndynasty2(f): 4:09am On Sep 21, 2016
They were perfect together while it lasted, if it's really true they're getting a divorce oh.
Re: Angelina Jolie To Divorce Brad Pitt by killermanIsBack(m): 4:43am On Sep 21, 2016
Lovely news, well done my people...

(1) (Reply)

They Say Angelina Jolie Blocked All Of Brad Pitt's Incoming Calls And Messages / Funke Akindele Bello’s Jenifa In London ‘the Movie’ Gets 3 Uk Premiere / Let See The Face Behind Your Moniker(nairaland Face)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.