Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

New Here-please Help - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Here-please Help (768 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Here-please Help by gingeranny(f): 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2009
Hello-I have just found this website/forum on trying to find out information on the grail movement.
Basically what it is i recently met someone-a man, who has read the 3 grail books, and follows its teachings.
i want to understand where hes coming from but some of the things he has mentioned about-for example-Giving blood,organs,living a healthy lifestyle,how he feels about death,how babies are not innocent-i find quite hard to understand-and i do want to.
I am CHurch of England myself.
Would like some advice really to try and understand him.I did read some of the book -i found it extremely intense.PLease help.
Re: New Here-please Help by 2Legit2Qui: 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2009
how do you want us to help you? Hope you havent slept with him?
Re: New Here-please Help by gingeranny(f): 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2009
Basically what i mentioned earlier that i didnt understand to try and understand-like i said he doesnt agree with giving blood and i have kids myself if i could give blood to save their lives i would-he doesnt agree with this.
Why do you say-hope you havent slept with him?
Re: New Here-please Help by gingeranny(f): 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2009
Dont really know how to respond to this.I'm a good person i am only on here to get some advice as i do actually really like this man and want to understand where he is coming from-that was all.
Re: New Here-please Help by kidsam: 12:14pm On Oct 12, 2009
Just compare his beliefs with your own belief and see if they match or compliment before you make any meaningful commitment
Re: New Here-please Help by amebono1: 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2009
i dont really get your question poster

but If you are considering a relationship with this guy, i'd advise you hold back a little, i know partners dont agree on everything, but its obvious u both aint compatible, so why bother?
Re: New Here-please Help by babyx(f): 12:18pm On Oct 12, 2009
@Poster, please disregard whatever 2legi2qui is saying to u. Rather retard and vulgar comments.
You can surf the web on the Grail movement, i can bet you will have a thousand and one information on what the practices are. Or you can use a library. Afterwards you can search your heart and see if you can accomodate those beliefs, if you cant, call it quits and move on. Goodluck. smiley
Re: New Here-please Help by KennyG6(m): 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2009
gingeranny:

Hello-I have just found this website/forum on trying to find out information on the grail movement.
Basically what it is i recently met someone-a man, who has read the 3 grail books, and follows its teachings.
i want to understand where hes coming from but some of the things he has mentioned about-for example-Giving blood,organs,living a healthy lifestyle,how he feels about death,how babies are not innocent-i find quite hard to understand-and i do want to.
Would like some advice really to try and understand him.I did read some of the book -i found it extremely intense.PLease help.
Hy ginger, personally, i'd say u need to be sure what u want from this relationship. if u see it as long term, then the issue of your religious compatibility would need to be resolved or else it will be d undoing of the affair.
Like someone has mentioned, take it one step at a time and dont overlook anything just becos u like the guy
Re: New Here-please Help by 2Legit2Qui: 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2009
@Babyx

What have you said that is better than what i have said? You are a pompous caricature.
Re: New Here-please Help by gingeranny(f): 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2009
tHanks for your sensible replies.i just wanted to know and i appreciate how complex it is and probably too much to explain on here but why do people who follow the grail message not believe in giving blood?
Re: New Here-please Help by amebono1: 12:23pm On Oct 12, 2009
gingeranny:

tHanks for your sensible replies.i just wanted to know and i appreciate how complex it is and probably too much to explain on here but why do people who follow the grail message not believe in giving blood?

if you want to know, like someone else posted here

ASK GOOGLE
Re: New Here-please Help by gingeranny(f): 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2009
I have been trying to , the wording seems very confusing.BUt thanks for replying
Re: New Here-please Help by babyx(f): 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2009
@2legi2qui, its very obvious that only your comments are retard. angry
Re: New Here-please Help by amebono1: 12:34pm On Oct 12, 2009
babyx:

@2legi2qui, its very obvious that only your comments are retard. angry

and you have the time to reply a retarded person, huh? undecided
Re: New Here-please Help by 2Legit2Qui: 12:36pm On Oct 12, 2009
Poster

Do you think these people have your interest at heart? Because they dont beleive me, they think I am retard, its their lineage that is retard. oloshi gbogbo.
Re: New Here-please Help by herniec(f): 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2009
The Grail movement appears harmless on the surface and seems to bear some semblance with Christianity in some of its teachings. But the truth is that you should keep off from them if you want to really know God. They appear to have answers to some of life's problems and questions. Real salvation comes from a simple faith in the death of JESUS CHRIST. The Bible teaches that you should steer clear of teachings that questions, that make you doubt some of the basics of Christianity. Some of their teachings include reincarnation, etc.
Re: New Here-please Help by gingeranny(f): 12:50pm On Oct 12, 2009
Thanks-I am currently doing as suggested on here and going on google-what i am reading is extremely complex wording!!!It seems the brief answer i wanted i wont be getting!!
THe grail movement seems to me to be something different to a religion as followers seem to believe the teachings like concrete proof-whereas , to my understanding, faith is something you dont have proof for but you believe it because you believe and trust in God.
I have a headache now!!!
Re: New Here-please Help by herniec(f): 1:04pm On Oct 12, 2009
You really do not need those complex wordings to know God personally. I do not mind sending you some very simplified teachings of the Bible that would help know God intimately. The teachings include some expositions on sin, salvation, spiritual warfare, the Holy Spirit, etc. What exactly are you searching for? We could chat online if you do not mind. Here's my mail: princehernie@yahoo.com
Re: New Here-please Help by mnwankwo(m): 1:04pm On Oct 12, 2009
gingeranny:

Hi. My advice is that you should only examine the Grail Message if deep within your soul, you feel an intense yearning for the Truth. Any other reason apart from the desire to know God  and serve God will not lead you far for the Grail Message only speaks to the Spirit. Thus, if you have the strong desire to know the Truth, then examine the Grail Message and experience it yourself. Only what you have experienced spiritually is your own. Thus what others tell you has no benefit to you. Why listen to any person when you have the Grail Message. Examine it and make your own decision. Therefore if you are serious, ignore what your man or any other person tells you. Pick up the volumes of the Grail Message and examine it lecture after lecture as the author admonished. I wish you strength. Stay blessed.
Re: New Here-please Help by herniec(f): 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2009
What are your spiritual aspirations?
Re: New Here-please Help by amebono1: 2:02pm On Oct 12, 2009
If you've got a headache now, let it go

Don't press further,and dont use your hands to get into what you are not ready for

(1) (Reply)

What Do These Men Have In Common? / Let Your Light So Shine Before Men This Year / A Word For Those Waiting On Judgment Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.