Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,778 members, 7,955,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC (727 Views)

Recession: 3 Nigerian National Assets Buhari Must Not Sell- RMAFC / RMAFC To Commence Disbursement Of 13% Derivation Fund To Lagos (Pic) / Buhari Appoints Elias Nwalem Mbam as RMAFC chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by Freegift75: 6:49am On Sep 21, 2016
www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/nigeria-must-consider-oil-asset-sales-saraki/

RMAFC Disagrees with Dangote on Sale of NLNG

The Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal
Commission said “It is the considered view of the
Commission that Nigeria’s Assets like NLNG and other
strategic national resources should not be sold to meet short-term financial obligation”.

It will be recalled that Mr. Godwin Amefiele, Governor of the CBN indicated in a media report that the sum of $10billion could be realised from the sale of these Assets. The Commission is of the strong opinion that the same amount could be borrowed from the IMF and the revenue from these Assets could be used to amortise the loans over an agreed period. It should be noted that after the amortisation of the loans, those Assets would still be owned by the Federation in addition to their regular dividends and Revenue.

The Commission advised that instead of selling off
such vital assets which generate funds for the
Federation, wealthy Nigerians should be encouraged
to set up their own LNG projects, since Nigeria which
ranks seventh in the world and first in Africa with
natural gas reserves base totalling 188 trillion cubic
feet (Tcf) as at May 1, 2015. In addition, Nigeria’s
natural gas is regarded as one of the best in the world
as it has low hydrogen sulphide (H2S) or carbon
dioxide (CO2) impurity levels.

Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by divinehand2003(m): 6:58am On Sep 21, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

What about the human population of about 200million.
Won't they worth a better amount?

Moreover, I feel the federal government has no business with running any companies like NNPC, NLNG, PHCN power generation, Nigerian railways etc. History has shown that they always make a mess of these infrastructures that should make huge returns in the hands of private investors.

If they don't want to sell of these national items, I propose a Public Private Partnership system that might improve these companies to some extent.

2 Likes

Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by cckris: 7:00am On Sep 21, 2016
[size=20pt]Just 1 Point: Sell the LNG to those that helped Buhari become President.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by Izonpikin: 7:01am On Sep 21, 2016
divinehand2003:
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

What about the human population of about 200million.
Won't they worth a better amount?
you no well o... grin grin

Make them sell us giv better countries like Canada and Australia.. cool

1 Like

Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by izzou(m): 7:02am On Sep 21, 2016
If i say Dangote is just a business man, and he is not passionate about Nigeria, his loyal fans will attack me

Aliko just uses any slightest opportunity to make himself richer. Am not saying its bad. But that's not love either

Dangote did not profer any solution to Nigeria's problem. He just provided a solution to enlarge himself.

Am not saying its bad. But let's not call it love too

2 Likes

Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by OlujobaSamuel: 7:03am On Sep 21, 2016
seems this commission dey think beta dan our cbn, why sell such assest, the nass too wey dey back the move should shut up and remove their stupid allowance

2 Likes

Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by seunmsg(m): 7:06am On Sep 21, 2016
I made this same point yesterday in another thread where Saraki called for the sale of the NLNG. Selling off a very profitable national asset like NLNG just because we have a short term economic crisis is not reasonable. We should just borrow against the asset instead and retain ownership. If we sell all our asset just to solve our current crisis, what will generate revenue for us in the future? Potential investors in gas exploration should set up more LNG companies instead of trying desperately to buy of NLNG for peanuts.

2 Likes

Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by cckris: 7:08am On Sep 21, 2016
[size=20pt]That's what Kerry came for.
[/size]
Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by Izonpikin: 7:11am On Sep 21, 2016
seunmsg:
I made this same point yesterday in another thread where Saraki called for the sale of the NLNG. Selling off a very profitable national asset like NLNG just because we have a short term economic crisis is not reasonable. We should just borrow against the asset instead and retain ownership. If we sell all our asset just to solve our current crisis, what will generate revenue for us in the future? Potential investors in gas exploration should set up more LNG companies instead of trying desperately to buy of NLNG for peanuts.
exactly...there are already plans for LNGs in brass and ondo state..why not invest more to see these LNG plants come into reality rather than push for the sale of the existing NLNG..mumu and block headed leaders have..
Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by divinehand2003(m): 7:13am On Sep 21, 2016
Izonpikin:
you no well o... grin grin

Make them sell us giv better countries like Canada and Australia.. cool

I agree with you my dear. I For prefer China or North Korea. Nigerians need iron hands oooo
Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by Izonpikin: 7:13am On Sep 21, 2016
izzou:
If i say Dangote is just a business man, and he is not passionate about Nigeria, his loyal fans will attack me

Aliko just uses any slightest opportunity to make himself richer. Am not saying its bad. But that's not love either

Dangote did not profer any solution to Nigeria's problem. He just provided a solution to enlarge himself.

Am not saying its bad. But let's not call it love too
dangote and others might be one of the numerous reasons our refineries might never work..monopoly activated...
Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by Izonpikin: 7:14am On Sep 21, 2016
divinehand2003:

I agree with you my dear. I For prefer China or North Korea. Nigerians need iron hands oooo
grin grin

NO..we don go through iron hands before..

Canada do me..men that country good die..
Chei..

E just be like them swear for Nigeria make e no good
Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by nnachukz(m): 7:14am On Sep 21, 2016
The recovered money is just on paper, magu and lai Mohammed's lips. Otherwise we won't be talking about selling assets to meet short term financial obligations. APC continue o, na zombies cause am.
Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by seunmsg(m): 7:23am On Sep 21, 2016
Izonpikin:
exactly...there are already plans for LNGs in brass and ondo state..why not invest more to see these LNG plants come into reality rather than push for the sale of the existing NLNG..mumu and block headed leaders have..

So far, Dangote and Emefiele are the ones pushing for the sale of the assets. I don't think Dangote is a mumu or block head, he's a very smart business man who wants to profit from the country's economic crisis. On the other hand, I agree Emefiele is a mumu and block head. He hardly thinks through a policy before pushing it. I still don't understand how that guy became CBN governor.
Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by divinehand2003(m): 7:26am On Sep 21, 2016
Izonpikin:
grin grin

NO..we don go through iron hands before..

Canada do me..men that country good die..
Chei..

E just be like them swear for Nigeria make e no good

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by Freegift75: 8:00am On Sep 21, 2016
Izonpikin:
dangote and others might be one of the numerous reasons our refineries might never work..monopoly activated...

I disagree with you. The blame lies on our clueless leaders who lack vision of what it takes to paddle the canoe to the favourable shore. We are blessed in Nigeria but selfishness, greed and self- gratification among the leaders is the fundamental clause militating against the economic stability of this nation.

Presently, Buhari is confused! Believe me. His economic team is also confused.

imagine, I have two assets of two buildings but 7 children. The 7 children are in school. But now due to recession not able to pay school fees. Is selling the building the way out?

That's the case of Nigeria. Selling is not the solution. We should rethink

1 Like

Re: NIGERIA FORSALE: The Highest Blunder - RMAFC by otukpo(f): 8:03am On Sep 21, 2016
This APC government wants to sell Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

See The Photos Edo APC Won’t Show You / Kidnappers Has Released Former Minister Of Environment, Lawrencia Laraba Mallam / Falana Slams NBA, Says Demand For Judges’ Unconditional Release Embarrassing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.