Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,793 members, 7,862,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:09 PM

Pot Calling Kettle Black: You Are A Failure - Lulu Blasts Siasia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pot Calling Kettle Black: You Are A Failure - Lulu Blasts Siasia (680 Views)

Buhari's Anti-graft Crusade: A Pot Calling Kettle Black / Buhari's Anti-graft War: A Pot Calling Kettle Black / Pot Calling Kettle Black: Nigerians Blast Obasanjo For His Letter To Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pot Calling Kettle Black: You Are A Failure - Lulu Blasts Siasia by buffead(f): 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2009
PRESIDENT, Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, Alhaji Sani Lulu Abdullahi has described the country's national Under 20 coach, Samson Siasia as a failure following the ouster of the team from the ongoing FIFA U-20 World Cup, Egypt 2009.

Lulu said the former Julius Berger of Lagos player had no excuse not to succeed because he was heavily mobilised and Nigerians were solidly behind him.

“Siasia, as far as I know, is a failure in this championship, Egypt 2009. His mandate is to win the trophy for the country.

Having won the silver medal before, it becomes imperative for us to task him towards achieving the ultimate which is the gold medal and we made sure we provided him with all he needed''.

''It is wrong of anyone to say that he never had enough time to prepare the team. When he took over the team, he submitted his proposal, which was approved to the letter, and we allowed him to embark on all the training tours he requested for, so, if he did not achieve the target given to him, then, we can say that he is a total failure and which is exactly what he is now”.

How do you now tell millions of Nigerians that we made mistakes after giving him (Siasia) our utmost support. This is sad.

"If they don't excel, then they have themselves to blame,” he concluded.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

www.nigeriaworld.com
Re: Pot Calling Kettle Black: You Are A Failure - Lulu Blasts Siasia by Afam(m): 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2009
If the NFF gave Siasia all he requested for in his proposal when the job was offered to him then I join Lulu in stating that Siasia failed considering the fact that the mandate was to win gold medal for Nigeria.

We must avoid excuses like these. Deliver or accept full responsibility when things go wrong especially when everything you asked for was provided.
Re: Pot Calling Kettle Black: You Are A Failure - Lulu Blasts Siasia by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2009
I will have to join Lulu in calling Siasia a failure on this one (Egypt 2009), but a big success in his career as a Nigerian coach, at least when compared to others.
Re: Pot Calling Kettle Black: You Are A Failure - Lulu Blasts Siasia by blacksta(m): 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2009
I understand 3/4 of the team were sent home cause they failed the mri scan and that is the reason Nija failed.
Re: Pot Calling Kettle Black: You Are A Failure - Lulu Blasts Siasia by Olaolufred(m): 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2009
Lulu is a liar.
How many times do they delay the teams training in Spain because of corruotion in their broken house called glass.
You may buy a book for your son to prepare for an Exam.
But, when you buy the book a day to the Exam, how usefull is it?
NFF is the greatest problem of Naija Footy.
They can frustrate even the world best coaches.
Siasia accepted responsibility for the poor performance,
But remains the most Tactical Coach we have if encouraged.
To the Nigerians talking Jargons against Siasia,
they to me are very unfair.
Lulu should have been blown up with a detonator before he could even have blasts someone else.
He should go back to FCDA where he was embezzling Nigeria money than to also ruin our football.
A Quantity Surveyor should only be helpfull in building the stadium. And his job ends there.
But in Nigeria, A Vulcanizer can be Coach, if he is a PDP member.
Shame on Yar'adua and his group of crooks.
One day, all of them will be dethroned.
Re: Pot Calling Kettle Black: You Are A Failure - Lulu Blasts Siasia by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2009
Folks chill

Sani Lulu has been looking for a way to crucify Siasia because of the pressure Lulu is under by Nigerians to hand Siasia the super eagles job which Lulu disagrees with.

I stand to be corrected but Lulu surely is just being cynical.

U know what? SiaSia has failed to win the cup and on this occassion I hope he resigns and show Lulu how to resign when you fail because Lulu's day of failure was only postponed yesterday.

I hope Lulu too does resign when he does fail.

He will not hide his own failure by being over the top critical of Siasia. Sia has brought more success (both as a player and as a coach) more than Lulu can ever imagine.
Re: Pot Calling Kettle Black: You Are A Failure - Lulu Blasts Siasia by Pharoh: 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2009
Olaolufred:

Lulu is a liar.
How many times do they delay the teams training in Spain because of corruotion in their broken house called glass.
You may buy a book for your son to prepare for an Exam.
But, when you buy the book a day to the Exam, how usefull is it?
NFF is the greatest problem of Naija Footy.
They can frustrate even the world best coaches.
Siasia accepted responsibility for the poor performance,
But remains the most Tactical Coach we have if encouraged.
To the Nigerians talking Jargons against Siasia,
they to me are very unfair.
Lulu should have been blown up with a detonator before he could even have blasts someone else.
He should go back to FCDA where he was embezzling Nigeria money than to also ruin our football.
A Quantity Surveyor should only be helpfull in building the stadium. And his job ends there.
But in Nigeria, A Vulcanizer can be Coach, if he is a PDP member.
Shame on Yar'adua and his group of crooks.
One day, all of them will be dethroned.

I get you bro but why didn't siasa simply resign because of all these wahala or is it compulsory to coach a Nigerian team? To he got what he deserved because the praises has obviously been getting into his head. He should go get a regular job by coaching a club side.
Re: Pot Calling Kettle Black: You Are A Failure - Lulu Blasts Siasia by ikeyman00(m): 12:11am On Oct 13, 2009
@@@@@@@@@

we cannot be fooled

siasia should take over supr eagles as soon as we qualify

no game

thanks for ur cooperation lulu floool flolo
Re: Pot Calling Kettle Black: You Are A Failure - Lulu Blasts Siasia by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 15, 2009
Culled from BBC Website

Siasia quits youth football 
Oluwashina Okeleji
BBC Sport, Nigeria 

Samson Siasia says he's had enough of coaching youth teams
Nigeria's former under-20 coach Samson Siasia says he will not be coaching any more youth sides in Africa.

His comments come after his side's exit from the Under-20 World Cup in Egypt when they lost 3-2 to 10-man Germany in the second round of the tournament.

The coach now admits that working with young African players is extremely demanding and uninspiring.

He was quick to dismiss suggestions he could take charge of the Olympic side or any Nigerian youth side in future.

"I'm not going to come back to junior levels anymore," he told Punch newspaper in Nigeria.

"I want to progress in life. I have tried the junior levels a couple of times and now I have failed.

"It's difficult to work with young African players as they struggle to comprehend you, so therefore you need a lot of time, if you don't have that you will never succeed.

"In Europe it is a lot easier, the players are brought up from the academies and they learn a lot of things.

"But in Africa the players don't listen, their thinking is low and you have to repeat yourself over and over or they will forget."

In 2005 Siasia won the African Youth Championship in Benin with Nigeria before taking them to second place at the Under-20 World Cup in Holland the same year.

He also won silver at the Olympics in Beijing last year.

His meteoric rise led to calls in the local media and from fans for him to be made the coach of the national team, but he is not thinking about the Super Eagles job just yet.

Instead he wants everyone to back the current coach Shaibu Amodu.

"I don't want to think about that, everyone needs to support Amodu now because it is a crucial time for the team," he added.

"I have some offers that my agent is working on now but nothing is concrete yet.

"I just want to relax, think about my career and see what I am going to do."

Folks Siasia has admited his own failure and resigned

I hope Sani Lulu and Co will be grown up enough to admit their own failure and quit when Nigeria fails to qualify for world cup.

(1) (Reply)

President Yar’adua’s Health Condition-personal Physician / Whats Wrong With Dunlop Shares? / Saudi Doctors Warn Turai Against Moving Yar’adua To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.