Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application (50376 Views)

15 Funny But True Experiences We've All Had On Whatsapp (with Pictures) / My Conversation With Google Allo Robot / Nigerian Parents Absolutely Hilarious On Whatsapp (with Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by JeffreyJames(m): 6:57pm On Sep 21, 2016
The app is not out yet sef.

1 Like

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Platinumay(m): 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2016
If I hear that lie again, video chat on slow network ko, am patiently waiting and watching in 3D, will be here to analyze this copy cat called Google when I finally get the app. And am quite sure it can't be free I mean the advance features. Google is known for that

1 Like

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Liveair: 7:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
ok
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Chanchit: 7:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
Dapsonemmanuel:
Pretty sure its not going to be as widely used as whatsapp .. I think this app is just waste of time .. God help them if they get users ... But seriously why is every friggin new app created always based on android and iPhones .. Wtf .. Isn't lumias not worth it??

people would definitely use it since whatsapp would be dropping some phones by december.

3 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by ritababe(f): 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
Turks:
BBM has just found itself serious competition.
Bbm don go since

6 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by yinkslinks(m): 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
didnt know google has plus ooo. i only know of yahoo plus
nani667:
weird that people are saying Google plus failed.....
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Malakh: 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
the mark of the beast cant work without Google, so truly Google will be a tool to enslave the world
Sphilip1:

google wants to rule this world without God's permission.. Lol.

Google Allo will be made available either this week or the next.

I heard rumours that google also wants to add a form of chat or messaging feature to youtube inorder to increase interraction

2 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by KKKWHITE(m): 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
whatsapp should think twice about making its application incompatible on smaller phones and bb phones by December.

3 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Israel5(m): 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
Whatsapp rocks! Google thngs ar too cmplex for the layman .

1 Like

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Franky826: 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
Telegram is still king!!! with the exception of video calls though.

1 Like

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Senorprinz(m): 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
Dapsonemmanuel:
Pretty sure its not going to be as widely used as whatsapp .. I think this app is just waste of time .. God help them if they get users ... But seriously why is every friggin new app created always based on android and iPhones .. Wtf .. Isn't lumias not worth it??
lumia na phone?

1 Like

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Maxvasia(m): 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2016
Yea, precisely
Sphilip1:
Google still has plans on opening a social medium platform.

I think its because its google plus could not win our hearts
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Akaewu: 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
Vorpal:
How many chat apps do one actually need?

Good question
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Maxvasia(m): 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2016
No its not. But you can pre-register. I have done that already
JeffreyJames:
The app is not out yet sef.
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by muymacho: 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2016
VhatAmazingDude:
But is Allo available yet?

Even Googled Duo is yet to become widely used. Once I get Allo, I will uninstall both Whatsapp and Imo. Anyone that needs to talk to me must install it. angryThe

And then you will re-install WhatsApp by yourself after 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
cheesy I love healthy product competitions.
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Gabrendo(m): 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2016
Biko. Why is whatspp not workin on BB Again?
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Zedoo(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
Dapsonemmanuel:

Bbm never thought it will lose....

You can never tell what could happen..you saw what happened to 2go....once this is actually easier and better than WhatsApp....trust me little by little people go move over!!!

3 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Zedoo(m): 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2016
Gabrendo:
Biko. Why is whatspp not workin on BB Again?

Exactly!
Now BB users dont have to change fone to get ONE freaking application....

1 Like

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Idowuh(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2016
nice app it will be.
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Tczar(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2016
Cool!
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Idowuh(m): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
Zedoo:

Bbm never thought it will lose....

You can never tell what could happen..you saw what happened to 2go....once this is actually easier and better than WhatsApp....trust me little by little people go move over!!!

sure
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by o42austino(m): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
"Allo", A Greek word that means Another.
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by lanre316: 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2016
VhatAmazingDude:

Depends on how you see it. Google owns Android OS. They surely know it all.

Exactly. If they can pre-load this app with Android release, it can challenge Whatsap. But I don't they will be allowed to do that, as it's going to be anti-competitive.
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Sphilip1(m): 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2016
VhatAmazingDude:

Depends on how you see it. Google owns Android OS. They surely know it all.

Google wants to rule the world without God's permission

they own gmail, youtube, google voice, google news, adsense, adword, bought blogger, bought Andoid, own google search, google news, google plus,

1 Like

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by holluphemydavid(m): 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2016
I dnt tink I nid anymore chat app on my fone any longer
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
VhatAmazingDude:
But is Allo available yet?

Even Googled Duo is yet to become widely used. Once I get Allo, I will uninstall both Whatsapp and Imo. Anyone that needs to talk to me must install it. angryThe
Ah dey feel you
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2016
Vorpal:
How many chat apps do one actually need?

I tire o
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by stepup2know: 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2016
What Google is doing now is normal, if they don't do this don't be surprise that one day you have to subscribe or pay tax before you use whatsapp. Mark has stated the obvious to lots of companies. its a good competitive market, if Mark don't watch his back now and think twice about the mobiles stuffs he wants to take privileged or right from, Google will hit the market.

2 Likes

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by paradigmshift(m): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2016
Google voice is the best. Sweet text n free call.. rocking my Google voice number like no tomorrow... Google voice mature mind..go check this allo though

1 Like

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:45pm On Sep 21, 2016
Senorprinz:
lumia na phone?
You haven't use a good one then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Message A Scammer Sent Me (pics) / Latest Mobile Games For Your Phone / "Despacitoā€¯ Is The Most Viewed Youtube Video Of All Time In Seven Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.