Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Be Real, Be Natural, Be You - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Be Real, Be Natural, Be You (414 Views)

How Can I Be Real At Work — When Everyone Else Is Fake? / Can She Be Real? / Could This Be Real (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Real, Be Natural, Be You by Mescopaul(m): 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
I think this is beautiful.

The rat race of life lies in an eleven letter word: "competition".
The absence of competition gives out the real you.

The presence of competition gives out a shadow of you.

Always ensure you are not hidden behind your real self.
Be good, if you are.
Be bad, if you are.
Be righteous if you are.
Be profane if you are.

The difference between you and your shadow is Reality.

There is room for adjustments though, as much as there is also room for maladjustment.

You can decide to adjust to be a better you, and that should not be coerced by "competition"

Anything done out of competition is fake.

It's like pretending to be fit for a 100meter race when under your pants is hidden, covered away, a huge sore that aches terribly at the slightest movement of your legs.

You say it's braveness, or being strong, I say it's the result of the molten magma called "Inferiority complex" that has errupted out from it's shadows to dwell among men on earth.

You say it's a nice shot at self improvement, I say it's a blind shot at self worth and ego.

You say it's a platform that kills shame and offers a sense of belonging on a platter, I say it's a platform that seems beautiful on the outside, but within is a platter of debris and staleness.

You say:
"Now what!?
How am I going to improve my looks, character, attitude, behaviour, words and
appearance without taking clues from others."

Wait, who ever said you shouldn't take clues?

Whoever said you shouldn't learn from others.

Of course you should.
The drive of competition does not give you the chance and time to LEARN or TAKE CLUES, rather it makes you want to beat down the owner of the clues inorder to place you 'above' the fallen: that's cometition.

You can never learn when you compete in life.

You will have to miss dozens of clues when you fix your eyes on how to outsmart your opponent in a bid to makeup for your ego.

IPhone 7 is out.
You want to buy.
Some ladies would sell their precious virginity for a metal:

They did it before when 'Blackburial' was the craze of the day.

So, why do you want to own that indomitable metal, iPhone7?

Are you going for it because of what the phone has to offer, or you're going for the it just to feel that you belong? You see that?

So, some people that barely know how to use 20% of what the phone can offer, struggles to have it in their purses and handbags, and the slightest opportunity they have, they flaunt it for the world to see.

It's not their fault anyway, it's how far the molten magma of competition has dried and become stuck to their mentality, clouding their reasoning process.

You need to break loose from the spirit of competition.

You need to be yourself. You need to embrace self management.

Cherish your worth.

Take your eyes off the crowd, you don't belong there. Look up to men and women of virtue. Sit and listen when they speak. LEARN from their words, don't gloss over them. Don't fall prey to the waves of competition.

Be real. Don't pretend. Pretenders are loosers, they lost the time they began wearing the face of some else.

Be true to your character. If you find it faulty, make a sincere change. If you find no reason to change, then please don't change, no matter how foul you might be.

We will get to the top.

Be real, be natural, be you, and be HAPPY!

SHARE And LIKE

SOURCE:
http://sundryvirtues..in/2016/09/be-real-be-natural-be-you.html

cc: Seun Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Be Real, Be Natural, Be You by MrOra(m): 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
Thank you so much for this.

1 Like

Re: Be Real, Be Natural, Be You by Mescopaul(m): 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
MrOra:
Thank you so much for this.
cool cool Cool

(1) (Reply)

“how I Intend To Spend My N5m Grand Prize” – MTN Project Fame Winner, Okiemute / Bride Is Thrown Off Horse And Into River As Bridal Shoot Goes / 1,500 Jobs To Go As Erisco Foods Shuts Down Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.