Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Obiano's Special Broadcast On The Economic Stimulus Package By Anambra State Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano's Special Broadcast On The Economic Stimulus Package By Anambra State Gov (512 Views)

IPOB Member Beaten Up By Anambra Voters when trying to disrupt election / Recession: Obiano Announces Stimulus Package, Tax Cuts / Fg’s N60bn Economic Stimulus Out Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obiano's Special Broadcast On The Economic Stimulus Package By Anambra State Gov by ACKCITY: 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
A Special Broadcast on the Economic Stimulus Package by the Government of Anambra State on Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Ndi Anambra, ekenem unu!

Following the formal announcement by the Federal Government that the nation’s economy has gone into a RECESSION, I consider it my duty as your Governor to distil the message of the economic situation of the country down to the grassroots. However, following this development too, I am happy to announce to you that I have come up with a Stimulus Package that will ease the pain of the recession and help our dear state bounce back to prosperity.

Ndi Anambra, before I unfold my Stimulus Package to you, I want to assure you that the government of Anambra State is fully aware of the difficulties you are going through in your families, in your businesses and in your various communities. I wish to assure you that you are not alone! My brothers and sisters, I feel your pain! Biko, unu ebezina maka na agu nwelu nchekwube anaghi egbu. Anyi nwelu olile anya! Oga adikwanu nma!

Brothers and sisters, our country’s painful journey into the current recession is fairly known to us. The events that triggered this decline are very well documented in the public domain. So, I will not go through the details of how we arrived where we are. Ndi Anambra, I wish to assure you that after a careful study of the situation, I am more convinced now than ever before that with our fundamentals, our infinite capacity to come back from deficits and our implicit faith in God, our story should be different in Anambra State.

Consequently, our intervention comes in Four Key Areas-

1) Tax Relief Programme,
2) Special Intervention Programmes for Small and Medium Enterprises, MSMEs and Large Enterprises,
3) Social Intervention Programme for Low Income Households and finally;
4) Intervention in Infrastructure-for-Jobs

The objective of our Tax Relief Programme is to evaluate existing taxes, levies and fees in the state and introduce some waivers and in some cases scrap the collection of some illegal levies imposed on our people. I believe that these will go a long way to cushioning the impact of the recession on households in the state. Our immediate response in this regard is as follows:

1. I hereby suspend the sale of consolidated emblems in Anambra State

2. I suspend the collection of Hawkers Permit on all streets in the state

3. I suspend the collection of Wheelbarrow Tax in all markets in the state

4. Lastly, I abolish the imposition of unapproved levies on students in public primary and secondary schools in the state.

All these pronouncements shall take immediate effect.

Next is the Special Intervention Programme for Small and Medium Enterprises, MSMEs and Large Enterprises. Ndi Anambra, this sector of the economy accounts for over 800,000 jobs in Anambra State today. These businesses are suffering from the acute drop in the supply of Foreign Exchange at the moment and are left with two options; scale down their operations or shut down completely.

See more >>http://www.ackcitynews.com/2016/09/obianos-special-broadcast-on-economic.html

(1) (Reply)

Mimiko And Wife / President Buhari And Cabinet, Please Shut Up And Get Us Back On Track / Fayose Surprises Everyone As He Prostrates To Greet APC Top Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.