Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

A Tough Proposal - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Tough Proposal (1053 Views)

For Those Going Through A Tough Time / Do We Really Worship An Almighty God? (tough Questions For Tbaba) / It Is Tough Being A Girl! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tough Proposal by fizzybaba(m): 4:41pm On Oct 12, 2009
salam alaikum

i have a lil challenge.
well, this is my story.
just like jarus and every other wanna be married bro here , i am hopeful of getting married next year insha Allah
however still searching(not desperately) for the right woman.

then came the shocker!
a proposal from a non muslim who has persistently, in the face of my rejection, expressed her interest, nay, her love.

i know a muslim man is allowed to marry a chaste woman from the people of the book but i have profound fears just like any muslim would have under the circumstance.

would you believe she said that one of the things that got her attracted to me (among others) is my devotion to islam. hear her 'i like to see people devoted to whichever faith they belong to.if you are a xtian, be devoted and if u are a muslim, be devoted'

her reversion to islam is not my priority cuz it may not be for the sake of Allah, yet she is showing prospects (my impression)

she says religion is not a factor when it comes to marriage in her family.i have been able to confirm this from independent sources.but it is a factor for me.
Re: A Tough Proposal by Abuzola(m): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2009
Shocker indeed.

The ball is in ur court
Re: A Tough Proposal by abulbanaat(m): 9:28pm On Oct 12, 2009
Pls ensure that her reversion to Islam is genuine. It is true Islam allows us to marry the chaste women of the People of the Book but on the condition that they are chaste and will not cause commotion for our faith in Allaah. That condititon can be met if the woman is sincerely ready to practice the religion. She must begin to learn the religion, she must begin to dress in the Muslim woman's way,her faith in Allaah as the Only Lord must be firm, please ensure all those brother. And are you yourself capable of handling a woman of such, I mean in terms of knowledge and piety; your wife will respect you even after your death if she sees the knowledge and piety in you. So first check yourself.

And may I inform you that my only wife now used to be a Christian, if you see her now you can never believe she was once a Christian. It was through Allaah's Aid, we pray that Allaah should continue to safeguard the Faith of both of us. None is safe except he or she that dies in Islam. ''

Verily the deeds that will be recognized are the ones which a person dies upon,'so said the dear Prophet.

May Allaah assist you O brother.
Re: A Tough Proposal by fizzybaba(m): 9:28am On Oct 13, 2009
@ Abuzola; u are a man of words.i was hoping i would get a detailed reaction to my post. i need to make a decision fast

@abulbanat; jazakumulah khairan. u have spoken well. was your wife a xtian when you met her?
when islam says chaste, is it in the literal meaning of the word chaste as it applies to a woman?

still expecting responses from sir olabowale, brother jarus and a detailed one from the most controversial
Re: A Tough Proposal by alimat2(f): 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2009
But why nah!!!!?, Next time u will allow all those  hypocrites come here and tell us that our Muslim men are marry frm their side!,next time osisi will ask u what about the lady in purdah/hijab?
But i think there are 1001(a thousand and one) muslimah outside there searching and u are here pondering about a non-believer of Islam.you know where to get Muslim ladies if really u wanna do

Fizzybaba i hav gone thru most of your post and i know are are so devoted to Islam so y talking this way? If u marry decide to marry outside Islam then who we marry the Muslim ladies? and again if u settle for a non Muslim that later revert did u know that her belief will not be so strong and this Will hav effect on your offspring especially if she marries you not for Allah's sake but for your  own sake or the sake of love!
Re: A Tough Proposal by Abuzola(m): 6:20pm On Oct 13, 2009
alimah is right, we have thousand of seeker in hijab, the only way you can know is by contacting ur friends, alimah if u ve one let him know,tho no big deal if u marry on the contrary and make her a devote muslim
Re: A Tough Proposal by Nezan(m): 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2009
No muslim wan marry a hijab wearing lady wink
Re: A Tough Proposal by Abuzola(m): 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2009
no, is because they are scare,unlike their christian counterpart advertising their body and co,thats why the muslim marry them and turn them to a new leaf by embracing islam
Re: A Tough Proposal by abulbanaat(m): 10:04pm On Oct 13, 2009
As for me I married my wife when she became a Muslimah and I was not instrumental to her Islam anyway.

Whatever Allaah decrees none can change. So if one marries a former Christian who has become a Muslimah then one has only married a Muslimah not a Christian. I think a point we ought to be very careful of is that if a woman says she will accept Islam if a man will marry her then that man must be very careful because such love often has something underneath.

Please let us take note of that fact.

And I think Alimat has made a good point. Perhaps she is ready for marriage too. Good for her.

@Nezan, nobody is saying that he will not marry Muslim women Hijaab we are only talking about those who might wnat to fool us from your side, I hope you will understand. Nezan Nezan, how is Abuja?
Re: A Tough Proposal by fizzybaba(m): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2009
@ ALIMAT. thnx for dropping by.

POINT ONE: i think its crucial that we do not consider the opinion/impression of the unbelievers in what we do. we are a people who live by the Quran and the sunnah

POINT TWO: going through the seerah, one is abundantly informed of people who were non muslims and they contributed better than peole who had been muslims all their life.its an error of hasty generalisation to say her islam will be weak after reverting(not converting)

POINT THREE: indeed there a lots of hijab sisters out there.i can only marry her if she becomes a muslim. so when i do, i have married one of the many muslim sisters we are blessed with

POINT FOUR: all said and done, it is note worthy that i am not keen on accepting her proposal.i have made it abundantly clear to her that religion is a factor for me and we can only be friends. i however feel i should hear from my brothers/sisters in the house.

@NEZAN: i will be marrying a muslim lady by the time she rationalises both faith and realise that no ideology is natural,sweeter and rational than Al-islam.that is if i decide to marry her anyway
Re: A Tough Proposal by fizzybaba(m): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2009
@ ABUZOLA, jazakumulah for ur quasi detailed responses

i particularly like your response to nezan

u need too see her interest for the deen grow everyday.given her islamic literatures which she has digested with voracious apetite.ready to use scarf. i am however laid back because i dont know if its for me or Allah. that is the point where i am nw.

@abuzola and abulbannat: make una leave alimat2 alone and her innocent response to my thread. she spoke her mind for the sisters and notin more
Re: A Tough Proposal by Nezan(m): 10:24am On Oct 14, 2009
^^ By congratulating abuzola on his response to me, you are agreeing that you want to marry this christian lady because she exposes her curves for you to see? Because the muslim girls wear hijab and look duh, you dont have a crush for them? Why not you ban hijab so that you will start having a crush on them muslim girls? at least alimat is crying here for attention smiley
Re: A Tough Proposal by alimat2(f): 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2009
@Nezan,
Funny u,  grin grin grin who told me am crying 4 attention? Is it a crime to say the reality? abeyg free me ooooh.

@ Fizzybaba,
Like abuzola has said the ball is in your court! i just wanna tell you that there are muslim ladies dat will love u for Allahs sake and not 4 love sake cos if she accept islam 4 love sake i pray she last in islam(amin).

NB. Its only God that knows better we are just trying as human.
Re: A Tough Proposal by fizzybaba(m): 4:59pm On Oct 14, 2009
Like abuzola has said the ball is in your court! i just wanna tell you that there are muslim ladies dat will love u for Allahs sake and not 4 love sake cos if she accept islam 4 love sake i pray she last in islam(amin).

NB. Its only God that knows better who are just trying as human.

aunty alima2, jazaks
pray for your brother
Re: A Tough Proposal by ttruth(m): 12:33pm On Feb 10, 2010
@post :

The agenda of these Muhammedans is to marry christians with the deception that he will convert her to that Muhammedan cult.

God have mercy angry
Re: A Tough Proposal by AbuZola3(m): 8:26pm On Feb 10, 2010
Mercy is shown to those who re merciful
Re: A Tough Proposal by ttruth(m): 12:11am On Feb 11, 2010
@Abuzola :

You are sooo stubborn but you will be totally defeated. smiley
Re: A Tough Proposal by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 11, 2010
@ OP

sounds like you dont get out much.
Re: A Tough Proposal by AbuZola3(m): 10:32am On Feb 11, 2010
Get out ? I laff in hebrew, maybe he should paste an advert notice. *Bleat*
Re: A Tough Proposal by fizzybaba(m): 11:34am On Feb 11, 2010
sighs
Re: A Tough Proposal by AbuZola3(m): 2:06pm On Feb 11, 2010
Don't mind them bro
Re: A Tough Proposal by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 14, 2010
t.truth:

@post :

The agenda of these Muhammedans is to marry christians with the deception that he will convert her to that Muhammedan cult.

God have mercy  angry
promiscuos like mohammad
Re: A Tough Proposal by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2010
@Toba,dnt hide at the front of net,go straight to kano,zamfara,yemen,timbuktu and somalia and go say what you just wrote,you will meet your waterloo,just do it if u like to fight for xtianity(plauline jesus though)not the jesus of the Quran,the  same should be applied to you as they wanted for geert wilder in london alone,talk more of those places i mentioned above
Re: A Tough Proposal by tpia5: 8:28pm On Nov 22, 2010
a proposal from a woman non muslim who has persistently, in the face of my rejection, expressed her interest, nay, her love

sounds interesting sha.

not a common scenario unless the man is loaded with money or visa prospects.

(1) (Reply)

Fatwas On Laylatul-qadar : The Signs Of Laylatul-qadar / Some Question About The Koran / Islamic View On Adoption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.