Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Ndlea Makes Twin Arrest On Nigeria/brazil Route - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ndlea Makes Twin Arrest On Nigeria/brazil Route (426 Views)

NDLEA Officer Opens Fire On Celebrating Local Government Staff In Lagos. Photos / Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) / NDLEA Arrests Man With Fake N9.8Million Notes In Kwara (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndlea Makes Twin Arrest On Nigeria/brazil Route by sarrki(m): 11:32pm On Sep 21, 2016

· Suspects insert cocaine in alimentary canals

OFFICIALS of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos, have made a twin arrest on Nigeria-Brazil route.

The agency recovered 700 grammes of powdery substance that tested positive for cocaine from two suspects, during the inward screening of passengers on a Royal Air Maroc flight  from Sao Paulo, Brazil through Casablanca, Morocco.

The suspects inserted seven wraps of cocaine, each weighing 350 grammes, into their alimentary canals to evade arrest.

NDLEA commander at the Lagos airport, Ahmadu Garba, said “preliminary investigation revealed that both suspects planned and executed the unlawful act together. They inserted seven wraps of cocaine each into their bodies weighing 350 grammes.”

One of the suspects, who hails from Enugu State, said accepting to smuggle drugs was due to frustration and as a means of returning from Brazil.

According to him, “I was stranded in Brazil where I worked as a waiter in a restaurant for two years. Life was awful as I was struggling daily just to feed myself.

“When I was contacted to smuggle cocaine to Nigeria, I was happy because it was an opportunity to return home. My sponsor also promised to pay me half a million naira, with which I had planned to start a business,” he said.

The second suspect, who had also spent two years in Brazil, described his arrest as ill-luck.

“I am a businessman. I import female shoes from Brazil since 2014. This arrest is just bad luck for me because I was already calculating my profit from the deal,” the 37-year-old who hails from Anambra State stated.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/ndlea-makes-twin-arrest-nigeriabrazil-route/
Re: Ndlea Makes Twin Arrest On Nigeria/brazil Route by sarrki(m): 11:36pm On Sep 21, 2016
Change begins with me & u
Re: Ndlea Makes Twin Arrest On Nigeria/brazil Route by HtwoOw: 11:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ikire Branch NCAN

It's them

1 Like

Re: Ndlea Makes Twin Arrest On Nigeria/brazil Route by dotman4real007(m): 7:34am On Sep 22, 2016
drugs drugs drugs!!! Quick money will only lead to early prison. Now you won't even see the money before you land in prison. well enjoy your money in prison.
Re: Ndlea Makes Twin Arrest On Nigeria/brazil Route by sarrki(m): 9:38am On Sep 22, 2016
dotman4real007:
drugs drugs drugs!!! Quick money will only lead to early prison. Now you won't even see the money before you land in prison. well enjoy your money in prison.

Quote of the month for criminal minded people

(1) (Reply)

Police Rescue Teenager From Kidnappers, Arrest Suspect In Ogun / EFCC Docks Man For N229m Fraud(pictures) / Father Nails Own Children To Cross Over Witchcraft Allegation In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.