Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? (1183 Views)

University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion / Ilesa Prison Prepares 30 Inmates For University Education / See What University Education Will Look Like In The Next Decade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 22, 2016
I am an orphan and I have no one to back me up. All I have with me now is 100k. People have been trying to discourage me from trying to gain admission without anyone to help citing reasons like I might be unable to continue financing my education when the going gets tough. I just can't let my potential to waste away as I strongly believe I have what it takes to succeed academically. I want to know if anyone here had ever done something like that before. Please share what your experience was/is like
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 22, 2016
Lalasticlala. Please help a brother out and let us have a wider audience.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 22, 2016
alexistaiwo:
Lalasticlala. Please help a brother out and let us have a wider audience.
Planning on doing something like that... cool cool cool But have a steady source of income first.. wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 22, 2016
0luwajuwon:
Planning on doing something like that... cool cool cool But have a steady source of income first.. wink
Can you please explain better
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
alexistaiwo:

Can you please explain better
Which part?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? by rheether(f): 1:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
100% possible but you need to be smart and wise.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
rheether:
100% possible but you need to be smart and wise.

Thanks but care to explain where the smartness will come into play?
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? by Aspiregreat: 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2016
You can do it if you are dogged enough however, you have to set your life and priorities straight on how to survive in school. it'll be wise if you could get your hands on something to do like a little biz while in school just like the lady on frontpage lately who sold stuffs to survive cus practically speaking it won't be easy without an external source of income. furthermore, you can opt in for any available scholarship program open for students if you are an "above average student " for there is an academic excellence you must possess to keep/maintain the scholarship.lastly, make few friends with benefits. lol, who will get you out of deep shit sometimes. I hope your p. course of study isn't tedious.

PS. Take the bold step.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? by Engineermbugame(m): 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
i will advice u to go for part time program
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? by sarzai: 8:18am On Sep 23, 2016
alexistaiwo:
I am an orphan and I have no one to back me up. All I have with me now is 100k. People have been trying to discourage me from trying to gain admission without anyone to help citing reasons like I might be unable to continue financing my education when the going gets tough. I just can't let my potential to waste away as I strongly believe I have what it takes to succeed academically. I want to know if anyone here had ever done something like that before. Please share what your experience was/is like
sure u can ..I know so many people sponsoring their education themselves. just be able to balance work with school..like that person, he does tutorials and gets small money from them.don't give up.
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? by Welcomme: 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2016
If I Could do it then u can do it too...Not easy but with God all things are possible..U need to b rugged and dugged sha
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2016
Welcomme:
If I Could do it then u can do it too...Not easy but with God all things are possible..U need to b rugged and dugged sha

Thanks a lot boss
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Solely Sponsor My University Education? by GAINltd: 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2016
I applaud you for the drive. Sounds like you have already made it. What others before me have said is quite true. I'd like to emphasize getting yourself a nice and lucrative side hustle (or 2).

E.g. you can be a distributor for the Living Street Lifestyle Magazine. Even with this job, you can still have another job - bringing in even more funds for yourself (and future bae).

(You will be slowing building yourself a network; at school and around. Use it to your advantage. Make your relationships work for you)

alexistaiwo:

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: UNN STUDENT MISSING! #HelpMeFindKessy / If You Were Asked To Write A Book About Your Life What Will Be The TITLE? / Kaduna State To Increase Teachers Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.