Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski (28676 Views)

Nigerian Architects, Nigerian Architecture, The Ingenuity. / Bringing Contemporary Architecture To Benin City: 5 Bedroom Duplex Construction! / Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 10:26am On Sep 22, 2016
"Contemporary and Modern Architecture" The word many a times is used wrongly when referring to particular style of building.

Contemporary architecture is, in simple terms, The trending Architecture, the architecture of the present day.

"Modern Architecture" refers to the architecture of the early and mid-20th century. The architecture that Broke away from the Old stone Style. This means the Architecture we see all around are modern Architecture. Since modern Architecture became too Regular and cold, thus new Styles were bound to come up, hence the Rise of Contemporary Architecture.

So in a more realistic sense "contemporary" is not limited to a single stylistic thread that's everywhere. But a broad style that's in the moment. Be it Curved Style Building, Straight Building, Dot buildings, the moment its the Architecture of the moment, then you call it Contemporary.

Now contemporary in Nigeria is different from contemporary Overseas. Architect Overseas are more broad in their Style of thinking. They tend to try out what hasn't been done before. This is mainly because they want to identify their name to a particular style, as the competition for excellence is high. This has now resulted in unbelievable Sculptural looking Architecture overseas that we call Contemporary Architecture.

This however is not the case in Nigeria, as Nigerian architects seem to wait for someone to come up with a new Style then everybody peaches on the style like bees. All of a sudden it goes viral. and becomes a trending Style that we call Nigerian Contemporary Architecture.

Now we shall bring you a story of Nigerian contemporary Architecture we are about to construct. In the design below, we Hope to show our esteemed followers the way Contemporary buildings can be constructed from our Point of View. With a broader mind, we might be involved in ground breaking Concepts in terms of Exterior and Interior presentation for the final look of this building. This concepts shall bring to bear the Dimension at which we want to take Nigerian Architecture to.

2 Likes

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by Fadelex(m): 10:28am On Sep 22, 2016
following boss
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 10:33am On Sep 22, 2016
Details of Design stated below.

Proposed 5 Bedroom Duplex

GROUND FLOOR

Guest w/c
Main Living Room
Dinning
Kitchen
Store
Guest Bedroom

FIRST FLOOR

Family Lounge
Boy's Room
Girl's Room
Bedroom 3
Gym
Laundry

SECOND FLOOR.
Master's Lounge

Building Floor Area : 136 Sq.m

1 Like

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 10:41am On Sep 22, 2016
LOCATION OF PROJECT: LAKE VIEW PARK PHASE 2

SIZE OF LAND: 390 SQ.m

CLIENT EXPECTATIONS: ULTRA HIGH

FIRST PHASE: CARCASS TO INCLUDE PLASTERING

SECOND PHASE: FINISHING.
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by johnkashimu: 10:49am On Sep 22, 2016
Wow!! this is Nice. Very Educative

Where is Lalasticlala. Things like this are suppose to be on FP. not those Kenya Stories.

1 Like

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 10:59am On Sep 22, 2016
CONTRACTOR: Dezyns and Structures

www.dnstructures.com

Pictures from Location of Project

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by whirlwind7(m): 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hi, skimanski.

Can you share with us what the roof of this structure is going to be made of?
I'm thinking its concrete, from the flat appearance. Am I wrong?
Do tell. I'm loving this!
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by olumide4christ: 2:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
Congrats Oga Skimanski on this new project, even in this recession times.
We look forward to learning more about Contemporary Architecture on this thread.
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
whirlwind7:
Hi, skimanski.

Can you share with us what the roof of this structure is going to be made of?
I'm thinking its concrete, from the flat appearance. Am I wrong?
Do tell. I'm loving this!

They are Hidden roof, with Roof gutters to drain water. Something of this Sort attached Below

2 Likes

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by whirlwind7(m): 4:07am On Sep 23, 2016
skimanski:

They are Hidden roof, with Roof gutters to drain water. Something of this Sort attached Below

Beautiful!
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by Beulah09: 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
skimanski:
Details of Design stated below.

Proposed 5 Bedroom Duplex

GROUND FLOOR

Guest w/c
Main Living Room
Dinning
Kitchen
Store
Guest Bedroom

FIRST FLOOR

Family Lounge
Boy's Room
Girl's Room
Bedroom 3
Gym
Laundry

SECOND FLOOR.
Master's Lounge

Building Floor Area : 136 Sq.m

Would like to see the floor plan to see how things are laidout in such a small land area.

How much to deliver the carcass and fully finished for this design?

You can send info to xxxxxxxxx
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2016
Beulah09:

Would like to see the floor plan to see how things are laidout in such a small land area.

How much to deliver the carcass and fully finished for this design?

You can send info to beulahinvestment@yahoo.com

Email sent
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 10:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
Site Mobilization of materials as we get ready for construction works

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
Wood frame works for Raft Foundation.

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
And also Reinforcement works ongoing

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by Beulah09: 6:51am On Oct 01, 2016
Was any soil test Done? Learnt some areas in that estate require the use of piles. You may want to check.
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 8:16am On Oct 01, 2016
Beulah09:
Was any soil test Done? Learnt some areas in that estate require the use of piles. You may want to check.

You are very correct. There are some houses in the estate that did Pile Foundation. A soil analysis have been done before my client paid for the plot, to ensure he understood his foundation bill.
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by ihebrooke(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2016
Congrats, Bro. Following....
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by twinskenny(m): 10:21am On Oct 01, 2016
Good luck boss
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
ihebrooke:
Congrats, Bro. Following....

My Oga. It means so much to me for you to visit today. Top Architect like you can only make us learn more and grow
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
twinskenny:
Good luck boss

Thanks boss
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
As we prepare to cast our Raft Beam tomorrow.

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by kennykane1(m): 11:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
Oga Skimanski, You seem to have too many ongoing projects.. I hope you will have time to add mine to the list and of course with a preferential treatment wink I'm definitely going to be here with you until final phase... God bless your efforts!!
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 8:12am On Oct 04, 2016
kennykane1:
Oga Skimanski, You seem to have too many ongoing projects.. I hope you will have time to add mine to the list and of course with a preferential treatment wink I'm definitely going to be here with you until final phase... God bless your efforts!!

My Oga. Preferential Treatment will not go to your project alone ooo. It goes for all my project. We will definitely deliver your project if called upon, not matter what.

2 Likes

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by jodeci01: 5:03pm On Oct 05, 2016
Nice job Skimanski, what's the advantage of using red bricks and how much do they go for??

1 Like

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2016
jodeci01:
Nice job Skimanski, what's the advantage of using red bricks and how much do they go for??

The Primary advantage of Red is Light Weight. But prices can be as much as N400 per 9inch Piece
Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2016
Pics from our concrete cast the other day

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 7:23am On Oct 07, 2016
Pics from Filling

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
Sorry for the Late Picture updates. Time is a challenge .

A lot has gone down since then like Filling works, DPC Reinforcement works and COncrete cast on German floor.

In pics: Resumption of brick works.

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 6:32pm On Oct 13, 2016

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:35am On Oct 18, 2016
Block work Updates

Re: Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski by skimanski(m): 9:36am On Oct 18, 2016
As we approach final block work level

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Some Hilarious Memes Particular To Building Construction Sites In Nigeria / NERC: A Landlord's outstanding Electricity Bills Cannot Be Enforced On A Tenant / Gully Erosion Sacks Residents Of Sango-Ota Ogun State (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.