Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease (1855 Views)

I Want To Give Out A Keke Napep On Lease Finance / Is Haulage Business Viable In Nigeria? / I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by docchisong: 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2009
Hi Nairalanders,
                        firstly I'll have to say I'm currently going through nightmare having given a truck on lease to a fellow nairalander in May 2009 for agreed monthly returns. I came across this guy (names withheld for now) in nairaland and following discussions over the phone, I came down to Nigeria and bought a truck (as specified by him ;Daf 95 XR 430HP) as well as the 40 ft box body back for carrying light sensitive commodities. The truck was also comprehensively insured and following a signing of agreement with our lawyers, I handed the truck over to him.
    Fellow nairalanders could you believe that its gone 5 months since i gave him my truck and he has only paid part of the return for the first month. He has often times assured he would pay but ends up reneging. He has told me loads of different stories but good enough he always said the truck was working( anyway I bought a sound truck). Lately he started blaming the company he hauls their goods for not paying adequately etc. The worst part is that whenever I mount pressure on him, he either puts off his phone or refuses to pick my calls.
    I know some people may see me as being naive but I have played the fool for this long to give what I believed was his young business some time to stabilize but my patience has run out. I lived in Nigeria for most of my life apart from the past few years and certainly know there are many ways of dealing with this condition but decided to exhaust all legal means first of all.
     I have decided to withdraw my truck from this guy but believe there are more honest guys in the haulage business even here in nairaland who may be willing to take my truck on lease.

Finally I will appreciate responses from people with regards to the following
  1) Taking my truck ( as described above) on lease as soon as possible for monthly REGULAR monthly returns          ( send your proposal to docchisong@yahoo.co.uk)
  2) How best to recover my money from this chap(within the confines of legality) asap

NB; His own lawyer is also fed up with his stories as he has tried severally to intervene in the matter without any headway.
I have left out specific details in this right up as this case is still within the legal system

Thanks to you all in anticipation
CJ
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by OpsE1: 10:34am On Oct 13, 2009
docchisong:

Hi Nairalanders,
                        firstly I'll have to say I'm currently going through nightmare having given a truck on lease to a fellow nairalander in May 2009 for agreed monthly returns. I came across this guy (names withheld for now) in nairaland and following discussions over the phone, I came down to Nigeria and bought a truck (as specified by him ;Daf 95 XR 430HP) as well as the 40 ft box body back for carrying light sensitive commodities. The truck was also comprehensively insured and following a signing of agreement with our lawyers, I handed the truck over to him.
   My dear fellow nairalanders could you believe that its gone 5 months since i gave him my truck and he has only paid part of the return for the first month. He has often times assured he would pay but ends up reneging. He has told me loads of different stories but good enough he always said the truck was working( anyway I bought a sound truck). Lately he started blaming the company he hauls their goods for not paying adequately etc. The worst part is that whenever I mount pressure on him, he either puts off his phone or refuses to pick my calls.
    I know some people may see me as being naive but I have played the fool for this long to give what I believed was his young business to stabilize but my patience has run out. I lived in Nigeria for most of my life apart from the past few years and certainly know there are many ways of dealing with this condition but decided to exhaust all legal means first of all.
     I have decided to withdraw my truck from this nairalander but believe there are more honest guys in the haulage business who may be willing to take my truck on lease.

Finally I will appreciate responses from people with regards to the following
  1) Taking my truck ( as described above) on lease as soon as possible for monthly REGULAR monthly returns          ( send your proposal to docchisong@yahoo.co.uk)
  2) How best to recover my money from this chap(within the confines of legality) asap

NB; His own lawyer is also fed up with his stories as he has tried severally to intervene in the matter without any headway.
I have left out specific details in this right up as this case is still within the legal system

Thanks to you all in anticipation
CJ

Thank God for raising this, I also introduced my colleagues to this young man and has brought so much embarrassment to me.He has not been able to fulfil his promises for close to 4 months till date while consistently using these guys' trucks.The new story is that the Pharmaceutical company he is hauling for is having financial stress and not paying regularly, meanwhile the mode of payment from the company as presented to us then is quite different from what he's saying now.He is not consistent at all.
Honestly, this Nairaland is full of scammers and dubious people.

Please, I'll advise you not to depend on anybody from Nairaland to manage your truck for you, someone in this guy's league will soon send a laudable proposal to you and end up behaving like the young man.
Please, tread carefully.
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by docchisong: 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2009
@Ops E

Thanks for your input.
If its ok with you, would like to get in touch with these other guys that have issues with our mutual tormentor!
Thanks
CJ
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by dejia(m): 7:21pm On Oct 13, 2009
Guys, Pls help us here, some of us are into haulage looking for companies to take over our trailers,
some are still considering going into the business;
not everybody on nairaland is a scammer, i have done business with some pple , i have even made friends.
I will suggest u let us know the company name or the details of the guy so that we dont fall victim, i have received several proposal from some nairalanders abt haulage; ur story is similar to a company called Hush Concept that said they have a contract with Niger-German Chemicals, is it?
Pls. let give us more info, before more pple fall victim
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by OpsE1: 7:25am On Oct 14, 2009
dejia:

Guys, Pls help us here, some of us are into haulage looking for companies to take over our trailers,
some are still considering going into the business;
not everybody on nairaland is a scammer, i have done business with some pple , i have even made friends.
I will suggest u let us know the company name or the details of the guy so that we dont fall victim, i have received several proposal from some nairalanders abt haulage; your story is similar to a company called Hush Concept [color=#990000][/color]that said they have a contract with Niger-German Chemicals, is it?
Pls. let give us more info, before more pple fall victim

What again do you want to know? You know it all.
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by OpsE1: 7:40am On Oct 14, 2009
docchisong:

@Ops E

Thanks for your input.
If its ok with you, would like to get in touch with these other guys that have issues with our mutual tormentor!
Thanks
CJ

Let me first inform them. Expect my response soon.
Cheers
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by patrick45(m): 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2009
I want to use this medium to Communicate the availability of Flatbeds for sle from UK here in lagos.

40ft, 12 tyres, 1.7m asking price.

My mobile number 08066919834, please call to fix inspection time.
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by loracle: 5:50pm On Oct 20, 2009
@deija and @docchisong- are you guys still having problems placing your trucks (or finding reputable outfits to manage your trucks) AND most importantly are your trucks in Lagos?
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by kinharold(m): 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2009
@ Poster and Co, very sorry about ur situation. in this biz as in everything in naija there are the good, the bad, the ugly.

i can give better advice if the truck were to be a flat bed. but am sure with care u can a good hand. wish all the best.
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by OpsE1: 11:17am On Nov 03, 2009
docchisong:

@Ops E

Thanks for your input.
Thanks
CJ

The Hush Concept guy has just been arrested and he's presently detained at Bar Beach Police Station.He has refused to pay people their money and return their trucks for months and recently he stopped answering calls.In case you have any issue to resolve with him, quickly go there ASAP and lay your complaint.
I was overwhealmed when I heard all the attrocities he has committed.

This should also serve as a warning to others not to transact any business with anybody without proper background checks.
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by montana1: 4:03am On Nov 09, 2009
I NEED A 10 TIRE TIPPER WITH PRICE RANGE
FROM 2 MILLION TO 3 MILLION. IF YOU HAVE
SEND PICTURES TO MY eMAIL tekadenor@yahoo.com
FOR FURTHER DEAL
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by chino4(m): 1:04am On Nov 13, 2009
hmmmm this haulage business sounds good.I dont know why nigerian are dishonest and cant do business professionally.Now some people are wary of doing the business because of a few bad eggs.
How can someone get into this business?
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by readonce: 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2009
it so sad that naira landers hook up wit the bad guyz with wicked intentions.but sometimes i have the truck owners to blame cuz they come back to nigeria with trucks that are battling with serious mechanical problem before the white guyz decided to sell them off.if only we take our time to know that these trucks are very sound and ready to lift boxes then they shld get bak the initial capitAL.anyways,i will implore truck owners to make sure they deal with reputable organisation with standard G.I.T at least that will show some sign of business conciousness from the company before dedicating trucks.and to be frank haulage biz is not easy,infact i will recommend this biz to anybody that is wish to die young(lol) not to now talk of drivers, i tell pple that want to delve into haulage that if the are ready to start a charity organisation that takes care of mad pple they shld randomly pick 10 mad persons and just 1 truck driver is equivalent to those 10 .now imagine u av a fleet of 10 drivers that simply means u are overseeing 100 mad persons.that is how bad it can be handling drivers.but i av a special way of dealing with them and GOD has been on my side.

RIDWAN BELLO
HAUL RIGHT LOGISTICS
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by docchisong: 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2009
@Ops E
Hi, pls can I get in touch with you or any of those guys that dedicated trucks with our guy?
I just need us to share some info in camera.
U can give me the phone no in my email add and I'll definitely call
Thanks
docchisong@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by tobiloba82: 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2009
It is actually true that the haulage business is going through some challenges right now as a result of the economic meltdown. the import rush that we use to have during September and December has not been achievable this year. I am not saying that the goods are not coming, they really are. So if you and your manager has a fixed amount that he needs to deliver to you and it is not forthcoming, try and call him to order and re-negotiate. i actually deliver N400000 every month to my clients before, i called them to tell them what we have been experiencing in the maritime sector as a result of the world economic depression. we have re-negotiated and we have been happy alltogether.

Pls Rilwan( haul right transporter) anytime you have transfer in Tincan Port, pls reach me on 08028292956. But let it be a Sunday. you know what i mean. thanks.
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by OpsE1: 11:27am On Nov 14, 2009
docchisong:

@Ops E
Hi, pls can I get in touch with you or any of those guys that dedicated trucks with our guy?
Thanks
docchisong@yahoo.co.uk

Check your mail.
Cheers
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by Divab(f): 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2009
have you guys tried babes in Nigerian business, haulage in particular, with a good agreement we can do good business, send an email to flakes123@hotmail.com
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by oderemo(m): 9:15pm On Dec 15, 2009
i have been in the business for a while now BUT mainly in the aggregate section i.e, my trucks move stone, from the quarry, sand, chippins and so on . this is of less risk compare to others so therefore the money is not that much but the advantage is that your trucks last longer and you have peace of mind.
anyone who is looking for someone to manage there trucks for them can contact me on 262build@googlemail.com and we can discuss bus.we are in Abuja only though.
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by ITGuru3: 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2010
Please click to see how you can Manage your Haulage or Fleet business with ease https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-376333.0.html
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by OpsE1: 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2010
docchisong:

@Ops E
Thanks
docchisong@yahoo.co.uk

docchisong,
Happy new year !.
How far with your truck? The Hush Concept guy has suddenly dis appeared.His line and the wife's lines are not going through and he has moved out of the house where he was arrested.Nobody knows how to get him. The guy disappeared with my bro's truck and 5 months payment (well over N10m).
How far?, have you been able to retrieved yours?
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by achong(m): 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
we still have some reputable guys out here,
i manage trucks for people and have very strong legal agreement with them and all is working out well,drivers are not that mad if you know how to deal with them,if you are interested i can manage your trucks for you but with specification
Mercedes Benz 2528(ATGO)
Mercedes Benz 1828
All hard cover trucks
gomarasventuresltd@yahoo.com
Re: Re-visiting Haulage Business; Daf 95 430HP available to be taken on lease by jajaopobo(m): 12:03pm On Jan 18, 2010
For anybody looking for high quality and reliable trailer heads direct from Europe, please go to http://www.rydertrucks.biz . They have very good trucks for very good price, the trailer heads have already been imported and are in Lagos. For example, I bought a very neat DAF 85CF 430hp from them for less than 3million, and it was not right-hand drive! I recommend them for anyone looking to buy a trailer head soon.

(1) (Reply)

Forex Trading With Robot: How Wise Is It? / What Needs To Be Done To Start A Wedding Decor Company / I Need Help On How To Get DPR Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.