Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,188 members, 7,835,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. (1609 Views)

Start An Online Corporate Thrift Collection Biz, Join Us, Make 50-100k Monthly / Professional Bill Of Material for Bakery and Eatery / Bill Of Material For Eatery Or Bakery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hello nairalanders.

So I got married about six months ago and since then my wife has been a sit at home wife.

She read Mass Communications, graduated with a 2.1 but no lucrative job offer in the offing yet.

So we have been contemplating opening a business.

Now she is very skilled at Makeover(having learnt it at a choice makeover center).She is Very good at anything that involves beauty. (from gele tying, makeup etc).

She is also very good at cooking, a very good chef. She has a certificate having attended a catering school for six months.
She is very skilled at making food, pastries(meat pie, cakes small chops etc). She is also very good at event management also.

We considered renting a big hall, do some modifications in the hall to open an eatery where she will put her skill to work. We intend getting most the things you see at choice eateries.

At the same time we also thought of getting a Flat where she will start makeover biz. And of course make it a choice beauty center.

Now considering our resources, we intend to Start only one of d biz. That's because we want to start big enough so ppl can be impressed when they come in.

My question now is which among this two business option is more lucrative? Which of them are we guaranteed of making money from in the long run?

Pls I need useful answers.

Thank You.

cc: lalasticlala I need opinions pls
so help me move this to FP.
Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by databoy247(m): 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2016
@OP, both businesses are good and lucrative. But you have to consider some things before making a choice.

Are you in a good location? Citing either of the businesses in a choice location will tell the profitability. From your description of how you intend to start large, then if you are in a high rise city like lag, abj or ph, then you are good to go.

Personally, I'll recommend the makeup center because starting a resturant is tough. A lot of expenses will go in and you may not make money as anticipated. Talking about constant electricity, fuel and also considering the high cost of foodstuff now. I recently went to a fastfood that increased their price from N1k to N1,500. Not a single person was there.

Makeup has more prospects especially in training. Lots of these big babes and wives of politicians can pay a fortune for one lousy makeup grin

Also, with time you can get your own branded products to push into the market. Research house of tara to understand this more.

My 2 cents.

2 Likes

Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
databoy247:
@OP, both businesses are good and lucrative. But you have to consider some things before making a choice.

Are you in a good location? Citing either of the businesses in a choice location will tell the profitability. From your description of how you intend to start large, then if you are in a high rise city like lag, abj or ph, then you are good to go.

Personally, I'll recommend the makeup center because starting a resturant is tough. A lot of expenses will go in and you may not make money as anticipated. Talking about constant electricity, fuel and also considering the high cost of foodstuff now. I recently went to a fastfood that increased their price from N1k to N1,500. Not a single person was there.

Makeup has more prospects especially in training. Lots of these big babes and wives of politicians can pay a fortune for one lousy makeup grin

Also, with time you can get your own branded products to push into the market. Research house of tara to understand this more.

My 2 cents.

So basically Makeover would be more lucrative?

My wife on the contrary believes an eatery will make more sense. That people will always eat.
Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 24, 2016
Your wife is right,people will always eat but what class of people is she targetting?That will determine the price and quality of the food because you don't expect poor people to cough out as much as 500 naira for a plate of food in this recession.Also,you don't serve a mouth watering food to a low income earner and expect to tag a plate for 1,000 naira and expect them to come back for more.

While targetting the high class has lots of factors such as comfortable environment,regular power supply,consistency,well trained staff,quality food etc to consider,you'll realize that the higher your target market the more money you invest to meet up with the required stardard.A close look at Genesis,Charcoal and spice and Jevenik restaurants in PH will give you a clue of what I'm talking about.

My advice is for you to merge the lower and middle class together and see them as your potential market,then a moderate environment and an affordable price like 400 naira for a plate of food will do the magic.Also,don't forget to buy your ingredients in large quantity so as to increase your profit margin.In business,the more people you serve,the more money you make.

I might not be right on the price you set a plate of food,but it's just an idea on how easily you'll penetrate the market and your good food which is your product will finally do the rest for you.It's a gradual process,you start small and grow from there.

1 Like

Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 29, 2016
nyben4eva:
Your wife is right,people will always eat but what class of people is she targetting?That will determine the price and quality of the food because you don't expect poor people to cough out as much as 500 naira for a plate of food in this recession.Also,you don't serve a mouth watering food to a low income earner and expect to tag a plate for 1,000 naira and expect them to come back for more.

While targetting the high class has lots of factors such as comfortable environment,regular power supply,consistency,well trained staff,quality food etc to consider,you'll realize that the higher your target market the more money you invest to meet up with the required stardard.A close look at Genesis,Charcoal and spice and Jevenik restaurants in PH will give you a clue of what I'm talking about.

My advice is for you to merge the lower and middle class together and see them as your potential market,then a moderate environment and an affordable price like 400 naira for a plate of food will do the magic.Also,don't forget to buy your ingredients in large quantity so as to increase your profit margin.In business,the more people you serve,the more money you make.

I might not be right on the price you set a plate of food,but it's just an idea on how easily you'll penetrate the market and your good food which is your product will finally do the rest for you.It's a gradual process,you start small and grow from there.

I cannot thank you enough for this piece of advice.

Thank you so much bro. Really appreciate this succinct input
from you.

1 Like

Re: Between Makeover And Eatery Help Us Make A Choice. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
Daniyemi:

I cannot thank you enough for this piece of advice.

Thank you so much bro. Really appreciate this succinct input
from you.

You're welcome.

(1) (Reply)

How I Lost My School Fees To Sport Betting / Luxurious Bus For Hire Within And Around Abuja / The Crafts Of Virtually Impaired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.