Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! (1112 Views)

Top 8 Best Wireless Android Game Controllers/pads / Those Nintendo Franchises. / Gadgets To Die For! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by kosovo(m): 9:02pm On Oct 12, 2009
ps3.nowgamer.com writes; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die!

8. Grand Theft Auto

Alright Rockstar, we get it. Killing hookers and driving over people while creating riots on the streets of some random city is a good time. Great. We’ve only had the opportunity to do this 5-6 times now throughout different iterations and spinoffs. After Grand Theft Auto 4’s disappointing replayability experience, it’s time to do something different. While we applaud you for picking up PS3 exclusivity through The Agent, we’re hoping that you plan on disappointing everyone and not announcing a Grand Theft Auto 5 – and if you do, it better be set in some exotic city like Tokyo, where the opportunity to provide a refreshing atmosphere is abundantly clear. Also – If you bring out another, don’t shortchange the consumer by cutting off all of the fat of the title. Did you see Saint’s Row 2? They left the fat on and because of it, it left a lot of stuff to do after the main story line. Learn from that.
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by kosovo(m): 9:03pm On Oct 12, 2009
7. Metal Gear Solid

Hey Kojima, we love you, we really do, but enough is enough. Metal Gear Solid 4 was your masterpiece. It lasted me 15-20 hours and I watched every cut scene as though it was the new bible of gaming. You did it. You earned your lifetime achievement award in the gaming industry and now it’s time to do something great for your supporters and create something new. We’re not asking for the next Mona Lisa of gaming, but at least give us something that we haven’t been playing for the last 15 years already. Snake is a good dude, but there is only so much badassness we can believe before it gets to the point where this guy should be dead already — if not from the years of smoking, from the definite show down against enemies who don’t look to be slowing down in general. Do you know who another famous badass protagonist is? Rambo. He went over the hill too, it wasn’t pretty. Either bring Zone of Enders back for everyone or jump ship and create something fresh.
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by kosovo(m): 9:12pm On Oct 12, 2009
6. Guitar Hero (Does not include World Tour)

Guitar Hero has been milked to death and it’s getting a little old. What’s even worse is after releasing a blockbuster hit like their rip-off Guitar Hero World Tour (Rock Band which is appropriately named beat you to it and you should have conceded), the company still felt the need to create Guitar Hero 5 and then not allow any of its songs to be backwards compatible with World Tour. Great call, Activision. You guys have the business model down to suck in the stupid gamers to a T. However, it’s only a matter of time before they realize they’re buying the same damn game (right?) for the last 5 years. Let’s get a new IP together and start a new milkfest. We all know the company is capable, after all, it has two more titles in the Top 5 alone.
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by kosovo(m): 9:13pm On Oct 12, 2009
5. Call of Duty

Let’s do this thing. Killing Nazis is popular and nobody hates killing one, except maybe the Germans. Seriously though, when we found out that you were forcing developers to stick with the World War II theme instead of allowing them to grow creatively, it made us a little sick. Anyone who is trying to prevent gaming from evolving and offering something new to the gamers who spends countable millions of dollars (we don’t you don’t count it all) on your product is unjustified. Modern Warfare has proven that you can change the formula and still sell millions, hasn’t it? Just think, your own ridiculous greed almost prevented you from ever reaching that point with Infinity Ward. You owe them an apology at the very least and who knows what Treyarch could do if they were given a choice to develop out of the tired realm of the 1940s. It might end up working out in the end
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by kosovo(m): 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2009
4. Tony Hawk

in case you haven’t heard, Tony Hawk Ride is going to release for a lot of money and come with a skateboard you actually stand on to play. Let’s forget the fact that it’s ridiculously overpriced and will probably sell next to nothing because its competitor Skate offers a much better experience for over 50% less money. We can also forget the fact that Tony Hawk has been slowly dying off the gaming shelves for the past three years. Believe us, you’re not revolutionizing skateboard games by adding in the skateboard peripheral. I don’t know if you missed this or not, but snowboard peripherals beat you to this punch and they sold very poorly. Welcome back to reality. Let’s turn this positive energy into something productive, like a new title!
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by kosovo(m): 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2009
3. Tomb Raider

Lara Croft, thank you for your service. We loved your treasure hunting abilities. We loved your archeological problem solving skills. And, we loved the way your butler would follow us around into every room of your ridiculously oversized mansion. However, there comes a time to step aside, retire the guns, and just get married and pop out a few kids. It’s probably not your thing, but you should make it your thing. In case you haven’t noticed, most of us have been cheating on you with a younger, sexier model named Nathan Drake. He’s everything you used to be and he’s doing nothing but improving upon himself. It’s time you take that nap and pass the crown down to the new King of treasure hunting and thievery.
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by kosovo(m): 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2009
2. Halo

Fanboys prepare to take up arms. We get it. You’ll keep buying this garbage no matter how many there are. $60 expansion pack? Who cares?! Ship two million! Is that Mountain Dew with Master Chief on it? Let’s buy four cases. Holy crap, is that a Master Chief helmet that will result in my discs being loose, creating massive amounts of scratches on them so that I can’t even play on launch night? Big deal. It’ll look fantastic next to my life-size replica cutout. Great. Yes, we understand there is a whole universe created for Halo and plenty of novels to continue this franchise for the next 20 years in 15 different iterations. It’s old hat by now. When you get to the point that you’re willing to spend $60 for a 4-hour campaign, you’re a little over the top. It’s time to put down the controller and realize what is being done to you. Stand up for something new and fresh, Bungie sure as hell is. They’re tired of making Halo games. Halo: Reach you say? Yes. It’s coming. It’s also going to be the last Halo title that Bungie develops considering their desire to create a new and improved IP. Surprising? Hardly. Only the fanboys want this series to continue. Don’t worry, you’ll always have Red Vs Blue to fall back on.
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by kosovo(m): 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2009
1.Super Mario

If there is ever a king for this list, it’s that fat little plumber who enjoys pasta, pizza and princesses. Of course, Mario has started to look like he’s getting in better shape over the years and he’s done so by working out and saving princesses in about 1,000 different games. It’s not overkill anymore, it’s just annoying. I’ve never seen a more iconic character continue to deliver on a mass scale. This guy could be released on a game full of nothing but glitches and technical issues and people would buy 15,000,000 copies of it within the first year. Mario isn’t really a plumber, he’s an entrepreneur worth billions. However, despite all of that, it’s time for Nintendo to create something new. I understand the man behind Mario tried that with Wii Music and failed immensely, but that doesn’t mean you give up. Go back to the drawing board and bring us that next Mario. Show us you’re capable of delivering something new. The saddest part about this all is that now that you’ve run out of spinoff ideas, we’re starting to go back to just remaking the old games with light twists to them. It doesn’t have to be like this Mario. You’re better than that. Go home to the wife and kids and show someone else the path to the spotlight. We, as gamers, won’t mind. I promise
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by texazzpete(m): 10:51pm On Oct 12, 2009
Kosovo
You once wrote an article here blabbing about the state of the 'Gaming' section. You think the way to stimulate interest here is by spamming dumbass magazine or internet articles?
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by kosovo(m): 11:19pm On Oct 12, 2009
Kosovo
You once wrote an article here blabbing about the state of the 'Gaming' section. You think the way to stimulate interest here is by spamming dumbass magazine or internet articles?
that is absolutely a ridiculous thing to say, so what are your suggestions? i am not spamming dumbass articles as u claim, in my leisure time, when i am with the gaming media, i try as  much as possible to update the section with the latest news, rumors, reviews, and games.
  what do you want me to do? to keep witting articles? or to keep arguing which console is better? when everyone knows which is better! THIS is the game section, and you know the gaming media is way different from other entertainment media! All other sections of Nairaland, you see an interesting issue, u post with links, but no one seems to complain, why here?
nuff said and done, what's your solution to the problem? Opinion? any?
kk, i am going on a week break. grin
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by malone5923(m): 11:01am On Oct 16, 2009
Devil may cry should be on the top list. Mario rocks he's a gamers own personal plumber who save's princess in huge fortress in is spare time, what is there not to love about him. Go to gamespot.com and vote mario as greatest gaming hero of all time.
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by init4dmoni(m): 4:35pm On Oct 16, 2009
see dis kosovo fool agoin tongue
guy please go and die with ur stupid posts
P.s hv u heard the stats for odst tongue
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by kosovo(m): 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2009
@init4dmoni
see dis kosovo fool agoin 
guy please go and die with your stupid posts
P.s hv u heard the stats for odst 
Not surprised! grin
your post(s) depicts your character,
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by init4dmoni(m): 9:07pm On Oct 16, 2009
kosovo:

@init4dmoniNot surprised! grin
your post(s) depicts your character,
lol. . . . says to himself shiit!!! i just got owned
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by malone5923(m): 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2009
Can we all get back to the topic and stop behaving like kid's.
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by Nobody: 5:32am On Oct 19, 2009
Great Post but in my opinion Metal Gear Solid should not be 8 and not 7. . .GTA pisses me off. . .
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by Hardballer(m): 2:02am On Nov 05, 2009
pokemon
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by kosovo(m): 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2009
HQ:

Great Post but in my opinion Metal Gear Solid should not be 8 and not 7. . .GTA pisses me off. . .
Thanks grin
Re: Honestly; Top 8 Gaming Franchises That Need To Die! by vowiski(m): 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2009
my top is HALO. any day

(1) (Reply)

Battle Field 3 Online Pass Key Needed / Do You Play Video Games Like This? / Xbox Fan Boys Cue To Buy PS4 Then Smashes It! (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.